U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,847,941 times

Advertisements

I was appalled by the way their coach, Bryan Kelly or whatever his name is, was acting on the sideline. You could clearly read his lips and he was cussing like a sailor, getting in players' faces, screaming and yelling, turned red as a beet and even grabbed a player by the jersey. Totally unprofessional and uncalled for. I couldn't help but want him to lose every game he ever coaches, what a jerk. That's no way to behave, sore loser!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 01:38 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,150 times

Old 09-10-2011, 04:24 PM

3,528 posts, read 5,167,844 times
Good lord- That guy needs a xanax or a good smoke
chillout new nd coach - chill out

hate to see him when his aspen is really on the hot seat
this guys a class act all the way

ND ah the glory days
that place is a museum nowdays

Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 AM

3,114 posts, read 2,528,207 times
Notre Dame's five star recruits always seem a step slower than the other team's three star recruits.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,809,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I was appalled by the way their coach, Bryan Kelly or whatever his name is, was acting on the sideline. You could clearly read his lips and he was cussing like a sailor, getting in players' faces, screaming and yelling, turned red as a beet and even grabbed a player by the jersey. Totally unprofessional and uncalled for. I couldn't help but want him to lose every game he ever coaches, what a jerk. That's no way to behave, sore loser!
As undisciplined as the domers looked against Michigan last night, I couldn't blame Kelly for going off on them.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:19 PM

Yeah I thought for sure i would be fast asleep by the end of the game!

Great game for entertainment but didnt like the outcome

What is going on with Notre Dame?

Always next year

Old 09-12-2011, 08:07 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,847,941 times
ND vs. MI game... One of the most exciting games.. especially the last 5 minutes!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:25 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,771,940 times
Umm, am I the only one who is not outraged by all this?

As long as you don't go all Frank Kush and hit a player, then whatever.

Maybe you don't need to trot out the heavy sailor talk but come on, it's not like these kids arent dropping the same kinda language in regular conversation these days.

Besides, if he wins a few games, you'll notice a startling absence of this conversation.

Anyways, it's hard to pinpoint where the Irish will go from here. Although I like Sparty, they aren't a true world beater yet. That could go either way. You could say the same thing about USC this year. Really aside from Stanford, there is no game that should give the Irish major headaches.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post

Maybe you don't need to trot out the heavy sailor talk but come on, it's not like these kids arent dropping the same kinda language in regular conversation these days.

Besides, if he wins a few games, you'll notice a startling absence of this conversation.

Anyways, it's hard to pinpoint where the Irish will go from here. Although I like Sparty, they aren't a true world beater yet. That could go either way. You could say the same thing about USC this year. Really aside from Stanford, there is no game that should give the Irish major headaches.
They lose to teams like Tulsa at home. Every game is a headache for the Irish. They'd struggle to win a mid-major conference. srsly.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post

I can relate to your point- It is football and not an ice skating contest.
I was kind of just playing alone with the media
Hey its football right and a in your face type of game if they cant handle the aspect of someone getting in your face then play a diff sport!
Sure these kids have been or seen a lot of screaming , yelling and fighting etc.

Besides it was not that long ago the Irish fans wanted an in your face type of coach- I remember the fans complaining about Willingham for being so stoic on the sidelines and not showing emotion.

Well ND fans you now have an emotional coach so you cant complain.

I like watching the Irish play but a few more wins in the w column certainly would make things better for them.

Seems like its been a long long time since they have actually been respected and had a killer instinct.
Seems as if the teams do not fear the irish and are not mezmorized by the history.

At one point in time teams actually feared playing them or felt intimidated
that seems to have just gone by the way side.

Personally I wish the Irish would be back with the greats.

You cant duplicate the irish and the history associated with that program
but the kids in todays game simply do not remember those days they are too far in the past

Last edited by sunnyandcloudydays; 09-13-2011 at 04:06 AM.. Reason: comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football