U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 05:04 PM

852 posts, read 1,199,134 times

Advertisements

Agreed. Stanton is supposed to be the real deal. We'll see how it plays out in spring practice. For this season though, I suspect we will see Taylor Martinez (almost typed Taylor Armstrong) in the bowl game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Looks like we drew Georgia for the second straight year. This draw is better than KSU but I'd rather play a team we just didn't play last season. Having said that, I think we have a decent shot to win this game. That will only happen if the don't turn the ball over.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:06 PM

977 posts, read 1,633,448 times
Hold onto the ball and play the same level of defense they played against Michigan, they can win. They had a shot last year against a better Georgia team.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:08 AM

363 posts, read 620,405 times
I don't know, I think it'll be a close game with nebraska falling in the end. What about next year, I think the team finishes with another mediocre result. We play Fresno State and Miami in the Non-Con and have trips to East Lansing, Iowa City and Madison. I think this puts us in line for another 8-4 record and bo being done.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:02 AM

I think that 2014 is the make or break year for Bo. Everything is lined up for a pretty good year. Both Abdullah and Bell are returning. Add that to a defense that improved a great deal over the course of a season, and I think they can make a run for the Big Ten championship. That is probably enough for Bo to keep his job. But if what you say is right and the team goes 8-4, I think it's time for the program to seriously consider replacing Bo. I am in the minority here but I feel that at some point, this team has to take another step. The caveat, of course, is injuries. Injuries like the team experienced this year and all bets are off.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:13 PM

Big Red Nation represented at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl between Michigan and Kansas State...
Attached Thumbnails
Big Red in the Big Ten - Nebraska Cornhuskers - Official Thread-huskerrepresent.jpg  

Old 12-29-2013, 08:59 AM

That's awesome. How could you blame them for wanting NU to play K-State after that poor showing by the Wolverines.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Hold onto the ball and play the same level of defense they played against Michigan, they can win. They had a shot last year against a better Georgia team.
Like I said, hold onto the ball. They did, and they won. Defense wasn't quite as stout as the Michigan game, but Georgia also has a much better offense than Michigan. They made some good stops when they needed to, and definitely didn't let Georgia go up and down the field all day like they did last year. Maybe the only thing I would have liked to see better was sustained drives. They could move the ball and get a couple first downs, but not move it all the way down. The field goal drive was probably the best one (99.99999999 yard pass notwithstanding). A good game overall I thought, and a positive way to go in to next year.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Agreed. It was a well played game for the most part. I sure that Adbullah doesn't declare for the draft this year.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:24 PM

I hope he doesn't, and actually doubt he will. He is a bit undersized for the NFL and could use another year of college. Burkhead and Helu stayed for their senior years, I hope that Abdullah will continue that trend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football