Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:50 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times

Advertisements

Mizzou makes more sense in the Big 10. If they can actually hold on to some Texas pipelines, they could actually win it too or at least get close.

I don't see that in the SEC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 10:21 PM

8 posts, read 6,858 times
Mizzou wants to be an SEC team more, but the SEC probably won't want them as much. Big 10 makes sense academically and geographically, but the Big 10 is super cautious and they don't make moves until it's been carefully considered for 5 extra years. Seriously, how did they stay at 11 teams that long? On the plus side, they do arrive at good decisions- Penn St. Wound up agreeing to an equal share policy even though they bring in more than any other team in the conference, and Nebraska is an excellent addition as a realistic national title contender. If the conference expands again, they'll work on it a long time and make an addition that will last a century while bringing a ton to the conference. I don't think Mizzou is that program.

My prediction- I'm sorry, it's a boring one. Mizzou stays put while Boise St. And BYU eventually find their way in and make it the Big 12 again. I take the TCU addition as a fait accompli, which is pretty standard, I think.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,868,660 times
From a die hard Florida Gator, Welcome to the SEC, Mizzou.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:46 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williboy View Post
From a die hard Florida Gator, Welcome to the SEC, Mizzou.
I say good riddance.

They were our resident Yankees along with the other northern schools and now they're yours. Enjoy.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:43 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times
According to the arcticle from ESPN below it's not official just yet. I hope something official is announced by the end of this week because I'm getting very tired of Mizzou holding things up. They want to leave so I hope they do ASAP so the Big 12 can start adding other teams.

Missouri Tigers -- Board of Curators meets amid SEC buzz - ESPN

Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
According to the arcticle from ESPN below it's not official just yet. I hope something official is announced by the end of this week because I'm getting very tired of Mizzou holding things up. They want to leave so I hope they do ASAP so the Big 12 can start adding other teams.

Missouri Tigers -- Board of Curators meets amid SEC buzz - ESPN
Agreed.

Mizzou should crap or get off the pot.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:57 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
this sucks. I really don't want Mizzou in the SEC, and now they are talking about putting them in the SEC East.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:25 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
As a Kansas Citian, I really want MU to stay where they are because KC is the heart of the Big 12 and if MU goes to the SEC, it will ruin that and our city will lose tens of millions per year in revenue.

Missouri politicians have finally woken up and realized this when it should have been obvious from the start and are now pulling and pushing for MU to stay put.

From a fan perspective, I dont really give a ****. Yeah, MU is our biggest rival but they are really nothing more than a punching bag in basketball and they have only won 6 conference titles in the history of the Big 12 (the lowest of any of the 12 schools, by far) and havent won a National Championship in any sport since 1965 and only two in all sports overall in over 100 years of competing. Missouri is literally one of the most unaccomplished athletic programs in the history of the NCAA and I dont know why the SEC is even interested unless they are wanting a school the other SEC football programs can kick around like a little puppy.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:31 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,445 times
I think it's mainly getting access to the television market there.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:55 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
I think it's mainly getting access to the television market there.
It will given them part of St. Louis and a small part of KC. Most of KC is made up of KU fans. I have lived in KC my whole life and can count the number of MU fans I know on one hand. For the longest time I use to think that MU fans didnt exist because I never met any and I live in Missouri.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football