U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,747,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
Rice?..LOL...Like I said, wimpy team. and they should sell out. it wasn't because of the matchup that's for sure.

and no, Texas does not sell out every game, that's just not the case. 95% the tailgaters are season ticket holders and you can ride by on a day they play a wimpy team and they're still cooking ribs watching the games on Tv's in their trucks only feet from the stadium.

and I've been to games that weren't sell outs. Only games that UT plays each year that sell out each time is vs. OU, and vs. A&M, that's it. everybody else is not a sell out. not that I've heard or seen with my own eyes. if you have data to prove me wrong I'd like to see it. I may be wrong but I doubt it.

and no, Texas doesn't have a problem selling tickets. but they do have a problem selling out of tickets. and that's what this is all about. TV dollars and butts in seats. period
"Sellout" means all the tickets have been sold by the University. If the people tailgating are season ticket holders-- then obviously they have bought tickets from the University haven't they? They are just not using their tickets or sold them to someone else.

The University sells all of its tickets to every game. That makes it a sellout. This is why I can't just show up at the University Box Office window and buy a ticket to a game on gameday. Doesn't matter if people go or not. (but typically people go, or they sell their tickets to people who will go)

Name one university that sells more tickets than Texas, Michigan and Ohio State...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 10:24 AM

616 posts, read 729,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
"Sellout" means all the tickets have been sold by the University. If the people tailgating are season ticket holders-- then obviously they have bought tickets from the University haven't they? They are just not using their tickets or sold them to someone else.

The University sells all of its tickets to every game. That makes it a sellout. This is why I can't just show up at the University Box Office window and buy a ticket to a game on gameday. Doesn't matter if people go or not. (but typically people go, or they sell their tickets to people who will go)

Name one university that sells more tickets than Texas, Michigan and Ohio State...
correct, but even those that don't have season tickets don't sell out the games. do you have some data we can discuss because I don't think they are selling them out. you say they are, I wanna see it in stats.

and I've never had a problem getting a ticket to a game that's not OU or A&M. those are definitely sellouts. it's a waste of time looking for those tickets. I agree.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:37 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,817,492 times
Quote:

I don't think you have seen Michigan or Ohio St. tickets going for $25 bucks on stub hub in a long time, unlike UT tickets were last season.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 AM

5,414 posts, read 7,714,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
I guess somebody at A&M heard me and ran with the idea.

Texas should still go to the SEC they are looking for one more right?

if A&M can go and will potentially be a 10 win team by 3 years, Texas can go and be a 10 win team THIS year and a 11wins in 2012 !

Longhorns wassup!!! the LHN can still be. but it's time to man up and face some real teams though and the SEC got em. A&M is making the move to big up their brand and before you know they will be Texas' TWIN brother. not the baby.

think about it. time to go SEC, Texas. they waiting on us. let's go!

I love this idea. Horns to the SEC!!! GO RIGHT NOW Tejas! Let the Horns and Aggies hate on each other forever.

OU/OSU/Tech can stay in the Big 12.

Unfortunately, it will never happen. Apparently, OU and Tejas' fates, as evidenced by the PAC12 decision, are tied together.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 AM

8,391 posts, read 8,385,907 times
UT has 80,0000 season tickets sold.

What does Kyle Field have?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,415,482 times
Quote:
Alabama & Penn State...

Top college football teams by attendance - Birmingham Business Journal

Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
You're right, forgot about them...

The idea that Texas doesn't show up in force is ridiculous though-- especially with an average attendance of over 100,000...

Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
I don't think you have seen Michigan or Ohio St. tickets going for $25 bucks on stub hub in a long time, unlike UT tickets were last season.
Which games could you buy for $25 on stub hub? I find that hard to believe considering face value was at least $55 for all those games...

Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,817,492 times
Quote:
Which games could you buy for $25 on stub hub? I find that hard to believe considering face value was at least $55 for all those games...
UT football ticket prices hit a new low | KXAN.com

Quote:
Prices have not dipped that low yet, but are getting close with the worst Texas season since 1997.

Ticket City has sold seats as cheap as $29 for this weekend's match-up against Oklahoma State -- many of them in the upper deck -- for a game that would have cost four times to get into last year.

The lowest price is $25 at StubHub , another website fans turn to for tickets.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Last season Michigan tickets were less than 25 bucks in the later half of the season...

Heck, they are 4-0 this year and for the next game you can get tickets for 39 bucks on stubhub... Minnesota Golden Gophers vs Michigan Wolverines Football [10/1/2011] Tickets at StubHub!

All I know is I've been to plenty of games at Texas and the fans always seem to show up... how else would you average 100,000 a game?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football