U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 12:51 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,820,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Last season Michigan tickets were less than 25 bucks in the later half of the season...

Heck, they are 4-0 this year and for the next game you can get tickets for 39 bucks on stubhub... Minnesota Golden Gophers vs Michigan Wolverines Football [10/1/2011] Tickets at StubHub!

All I know is I've been to plenty of games at Texas and the fans always seem to show up... how else would you average 100,000 a game?
I was just guessing about Michigan honestly.

Texas gets a bad rap for fan attendance. By sheer numbers they obviously do well. Not the very best in terms of showing up game after game in my opinion, but for sure top 10 in that category too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 02:39 PM

616 posts, read 730,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

UT vs. Alabama.

can you see every TV set in America AND a packed stadium for this game??? I can.

DK Royal would have to expand like the hotels are doing downtown...lol

Old 09-28-2011, 02:43 PM

616 posts, read 730,368 times
Quote:
The idea that Texas doesn't show up in force is ridiculous though-- especially with an average attendance of over 100,000...
no argument from me, I agree. BUT imagine how many of those couch potato Longhorns that would get up for UT vs. LSU and come out too??

you know UT fans ain't gonna let Austin get overuun with Purple and Gold jerseys from outta town 600 miles away..but for Rice? eh..I'll catch in on LHN.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,419,753 times
Quote:
The idea that Texas doesn't show up in force is ridiculous though-- especially with an average attendance of over 100,000...
Agreed... I think Texas fans are pretty hard core! They are gonna support them no matter what.

Having said that... I also think Texas and Ohio State should be at the top in sales, attendance, and revenue anyway considering how BIG they are. But...

the same could be said of Arizona State & Minnesota and they are both not so that makes what Texas does in support impressive. And that...

makes what the SEC pgms like Tennessee & LSU do in sales, attendance, and revenue even more impressive because those schools are just not that large. Texas has almost double the enrollment as LSU & Tennessee and only a few more seats in their stadium.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:44 PM

8,413 posts, read 8,415,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Agreed... I think Texas fans are pretty hard core! They are gonna support them no matter what.

Having said that... I also think Texas and Ohio State should be at the top in sales, attendance, and revenue anyway considering how BIG they are. But...

the same could be said of Arizona State & Minnesota and they are both not so that makes what Texas does in support impressive. And that...

makes what the SEC pgms like Tennessee & LSU do in sales, attendance, and revenue even more impressive because those schools are just not that large. Texas has almost double the enrollment as LSU & Tennessee and only a few more seats in their stadium.
There's not much else to do in BatonRouge & Tennessee.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:59 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,712,566 times
StubHub is a secondary ticket market, is it not? People are not buying tickets directly from the university, they are buying from people who already own the tickets. If you cannot buy from the school itself, it is a sellout.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,861,625 times

ut to the SEC to play a tougher schedule? See above. You'd have to be delusional to want an SEC schedule. In the last fifteen years of Big 12 play they've gone undefeated in conference play a whopping two times. It's pretty safe to say that ut might have won one SEC title in the last 15 years. Is that really what you want?

Silly horn fan. Always alot worse than you think you are.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 09-28-2011 at 08:56 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 10:07 PM

5,417 posts, read 7,730,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post

ut to the SEC to play a tougher schedule? See above. You'd have to be delusional to want an SEC schedule. In the last fifteen years of Big 12 play they've gone undefeated in conference play a whopping two times. It's pretty safe to say that ut might have won one SEC title in the last 15 years. Is that really what you want?

Loving that shirt.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:06 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,752,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

Loving that shirt.
Don't look now:

Baylor: 3-0
Iowa State: 3-0
Kansas State: 3-0

*gulp*

Old 09-29-2011, 09:06 AM

8,413 posts, read 8,415,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post

Oh, I dunno...UT is 40-28-3 against the SEC all time, so your argument is rather silly.

A&M has a losing record all time against the SEC, so y'all should be happy to get another punching bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football