U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:17 PM

616 posts, read 728,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well, we can look at Arkansas as an example.

Now that's what I'd call marginal.
UT is gonna lose recruits to A&M because of this deal.

VY and many of Macks' studs came from H-Town area. those kids have a chance to play against SEC now.

it will be a serious tug of war on players I guarantee it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 01:28 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,742,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post

VY and many of Macks' studs came from H-Town area. those kids have a chance to play against SEC now.

I agree with you. A&M will now be able to promote the increased national TV exposure that the SEC schools get, which of course will be especially attractive for those players interested in a possible NFL career.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:39 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,381,144 times
I agree too, I live on the West coast but the SEC is on TV here at least as much as the Pac-12. I miss a lot of Big 12 games each year.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,746,708 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I agree with you. A&M will now be able to promote the increased national TV exposure that the SEC schools get, which of course will be especially attractive for those players interested in a possible NFL career.
I disagree.

The LHN will give UT recruits far more exposure than any other school can
(in any conference)

It will be a superior recruiting tool.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
That's why UT needs to get into SEC's last spot. and soon. I just heard on the radio that Mizzou is about to lobby for that last spot.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
and their uni's are not bad looking. the TA&M is simple yet it pops and the Maroon will add the 5th Maroon team to the fold.

Gamecocks
Miss State
Alabama
Arkansas

the battle of the Maroons is about to begin yall. I can see a rivalry coming from this alone.

and I think it will be Alabama unfortunely...or fortunately. because Houston will put out some good players to A&M.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
and their uni's are not bad looking. the TA&M is simple yet it pops and the Maroon will add the 5th Maroon team to the fold.

Gamecocks
Miss State
Alabama
Arkansas

the battle of the Maroons is about to begin yall. I can see a rivalry coming from this alone.

and I think it will be Alabama unfortunely...or fortunately. because Houston will put out some good players to A&M.
Recruits will think:

"Hmmm.... be seen everyday on the LHN and on weekends during the fall?"

Or

"Go to A&M and be seen on weekends during the fall"

Tough choice lol.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I disagree.

The LHN will give UT recruits far more exposure than any other school can
(in any conference)

It will be a superior recruiting tool.
Okay, let me get this straight, you're saying that the LHN will have more exposure than CBS sports?! ESPN is also covering some SEC games now. I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at that one...lol.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Okay, let me get this straight, you're saying that the LHN will have more exposure than CBS sports?! ESPN is also covering some SEC games now. I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at that one...lol.
CBS sports will air on one day showing the recruits for maybe 4 hours (on each weekend in the fall)

LHN airs everday 365 days a year showing the recruits all the time (lots of training camp shows)
Also, UT will still appear on ESPN, ABC, and FSN (on each weekend in the fall)... so yeah, there is no comparison to the amount of air time UT's football team will get vs other teams...

Old 09-29-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
CBS sports will air on one day showing the recruits for maybe 4 hours (on each weekend in the fall)

LHN airs everday 365 days a year showing the recruits all the time (lots of training camp shows)
Also, UT will still appear on ESPN, ABC, and FSN (on each weekend in the fall)... so yeah, there is no comparison to the amount of air time UT's football team will get vs other teams...
ABC/ESPN/FSN primarily air games regionally (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 alternate game coverage depending on location). LHN is a limited access network. SEC games on CBS are broadcast nationwide every weekend. And now, ESPN is also covering some SEC games. I would have to see some stats that prove what you're saying before I would believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football