U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 01:28 PM

8,403 posts, read 8,390,851 times

Advertisements

The Longhorn Nation begs to differ - this is the motto of my favorite Texas sportsboard, Shaggybevo:

Quote:
We're #1 in volleyball, golf, and inappropriate relationships
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 05:21 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,717,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The Longhorn Nation begs to differ - this is the motto of my favorite Texas sportsboard, Shaggybevo:

lol
Well, since the BootLegger's Boy moved on, OU has become a little bit more tame (and a clean program, at least on the surface)......must not be spikin' the gatorade with Switzer's moonshine anymore.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:52 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,897,201 times
Texas Pro Day - Houston Chronicle

VY looking for a second chance

Old 03-27-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Texas Pro Day - Houston Chronicle

VY looking for a second chance
Pretty sad that he wasn't mature enough to deal with that jerk Titans coach. He should've stayed at UT to win another MNC and the Heisman.

Having said that, Young is a winner on the field and is certainly a lot better than some of those do-nothings who are on a few rosters in the NFL.

He's a textbook case for young players on how NOT to manage their newfound millions. (don't trust your preacher or family members to handle that kind of money).

I wish him luck, because he could still win some games.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 PM

922 posts, read 1,018,296 times
Is VY considered a head case? If not, he could make it with the right team and the right coach. It amazes me when some players are labeled busts even though it was probably more about an incorrect fit.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 AM

As far as being a "head case", I think that is undeserved. He had a maturity problem, that's a no brainer.

But he's a winner as his record at Tennessee showed, and is certainly a lot better than most of the current NFL backups and a number of the starters.

But unfortunately it's tough to overcome established perceptions.

It'll be something of a miracle if he gets picked up by an NFL team.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:07 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,717,153 times
Default This is what I'm talking about...

Even the Peruvians know that Burnt Orange is ugly.

Former Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford teaches Peruvians the

Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM

Saw that on a Longhorn board the other day, but it was pointed out that Bradford messed up - he forgot he was in the Southern Hemisphere so he's actually doing the Horns Up from our geographic perspective.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:07 PM

13,720 posts, read 25,561,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
As far as being a "head case", I think that is undeserved. He had a maturity problem, that's a no brainer.

But he's a winner as his record at Tennessee showed, and is certainly a lot better than most of the current NFL backups and a number of the starters.

But unfortunately it's tough to overcome established perceptions.

It'll be something of a miracle if he gets picked up by an NFL team.
I agree that VY is not a head case. But I think he still has a maturity problem and he will soon be 30 years old.

I think it hurts him the way Mack Brown acts like a cheerleader for him. It appears desperate. And Vince should do everything he can to stand on his own. No more hand holding.

The NFL seems to want dual threat QBs. VY should get an opportunity somewhere. If he does it could be his make/break last chance to earn some cred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football