U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 06:10 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not really. But if he's being compared to Luck, it comes out about the same because he hasn't faced a real defense this year either.
He took texas to the woodshed. They had a good defense.

Heisman got it right this year. I'd like to hear a real argument for someone else over RG3. It would get hilarious really quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 06:18 PM

50,496 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
He took texas to the woodshed. They had a good defense.

Heisman got it right this year. I'd like to hear a real argument for someone else over RG3. It would get hilarious really quick.
True. Oklahoma supposedly had a good defense too, and he handled them pretty well. I actually think Luck played weaker competition overall. Hell, i'm sure of it.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:24 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,082,921 times
They don't really play defense in the PAC-12. That partially explains why Mike Stoops never did anything notable with Arizona aside from the occasional upset. Or why Oregon looks lost whenever it plays someone like LSU this year or Ohio State in the Rose Bowl a few years back.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I actually think Luck played weaker competition overall. Hell, i'm sure of it.
I agree.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyenative01 View Post
They don't really play defense in the PAC-12. That partially explains why Mike Stoops never did anything notable with Arizona aside from the occasional upset. Or why Oregon looks lost whenever it plays someone like LSU this year or Ohio State in the Rose Bowl a few years back.
Yea, i was cracking up when OSU's coach was making a case for his school playing LSU in the BCS instead of Alabama. Now i had no problem with that, because Alabama getting into the NC game means that LSU kicked their ass in vain, and furthermore, had to cross one more threshold by beating Ga to get into the game.

That said, the coach's point was that people would rather see a 36-34 game instead of another 9-6 game.

Of course he failed to mention that OSU wasn't gonna score 34 points except for in his fantasies. LOL... Hell, they'd do good to get 6 points, and i'm not sure they'd even get that. I couldn't see them getting more than 10 on their best day.

But hey...i don't expect him to say that. But i will.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,082,921 times
Yeah, I don't think the Cowboys would beat LSU, but I'd at least like to have seen them have the chance to get their asses handed to them over a team that didn't even win its conference, much less its division.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Of course he failed to mention that OSU wasn't gonna score 34 points except for in his fantasies. LOL... Hell, they'd do good to get 6 points, and i'm not sure they'd even get that. I couldn't see them getting more than 10 on their best day.

If WVU can score 21 and UO can put up 27 on them, I'd say the odds of oSu putting up 3-4 tds on them would be about 50-50.

6 points? We aren't talking about 'Bamas offense here.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:06 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,743,858 times
Quote:
Yea, i was cracking up when OSU's coach was making a case for his school playing LSU in the BCS instead of Alabama. Now i had no problem with that, because Alabama getting into the NC game means that LSU kicked their ass in vain, and furthermore, had to cross one more threshold by beating Ga to get into the game.

That said, the coach's point was that people would rather see a 36-34 game instead of another 9-6 game.

Well if an FCS team (Georgia Southern) can put 21 points on Alabama, imagine what OSU could do to them... I think a 36-34 game is more likely than not.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
If WVU can score 21 and UO can put up 27 on them, I'd say the odds of oSu putting up 3-4 tds on them would be about 50-50.

6 points? We aren't talking about 'Bamas offense here.
True enough, but the LSU defense that played against WVU was a hell of a lot stingier by the end of the season. LSU had become an interception machine by that point. If i thought OSU could run the ball effectively against the Tigers, i'd be more convinced, but i can't see it. They'd have to throw the hell out of the ball. I think Claiborne, Mathieu, Taylor and Reid would give Weedon all he can handle.

But hey..it's all conjecture because of this stupid ass BCS we have. I wish like hell that OSU would've gotten the nod instead of Bama.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Well if an FCS team (Georgia Southern) can put 21 points on Alabama, imagine what OSU could do to them... I think a 36-34 game is more likely than not.
Yea, but GSU ran the option. Bama (or any other SEC school) never sees it. Bama admitted that they were confused as hell even though they spent all week practicing for the possibilities of the offense.

Speaking of the Option, i wish it would become a mainstream D-1 college offense again. With the right athletes, it's hard as hell to stop. If the athletes are really great and they get the precision down pat, it's impossible to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football