U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-18-2011, 09:56 AM
 
272 posts, read 170,208 times
Reputation: 49

Advertisements

I think so.

55-17 and then 38-24 is what happens when you're so used to playing wimpy teams, then a couple Powewrhouses in your own conference mind you, come in and smack you in the mouth and bring you back to reality. Recruitment is key.

This is why the Longhorns should be in the SEC. to lure some of those blue chip players that would LOVE to wear the Burnt Orange and White.

You can't tell me that all that talent on OK and OSU are just from Oklahoma. NO, they are most likely from the Southeast of the country. at least some coaches know how to recruit.

Mack Brown is washed up. Let's face facts. He can't recruit anymore.

He went out and got Malcolm Brown and barely uses him. wtf?

and find a QB please!

Kicked Garrett Gilbert off the team bascially by benching him, the BEST QB we had. dogged him out and ruined his confidence. so he jumped shipped.

I think I know what it is....he's trying his hardest to make sure Case McCoy gets his chance at the NFL so he's forcing his hand on playing that loser. Case McCoy is not good, period. that's obvious. no arm, just scrambles around like a scared kid, which is the only weapon he has. He's no VY by a long shot. it's a reason David Ash started against OSU. and he's not that good either.

So now what?

Can somebody please call Garrett Gilbert and tell him we're sorry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2011, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,573 posts, read 10,306,611 times
Reputation: 9844
Trade ya - Steve Fairchild for Mack Brown straight up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,749,807 times
Reputation: 1290
Mack Brown isn't washed up yet, we are still getting 5 star recruits... However, our offense and defense are going to take time to develop. We are still a very young team. Practice is great-- but these kids need more experience playing in front of 100,000 person crowds as it is a totally different atmosphere for them than high school was... Just watch, Texas will recover it just takes a little time.

Then again, it doesn't really matter who is at the helm-- at Texas we will always get 5 star recruits. I think we need to stick with Coach Brown for at least 1 - 2 more years after this season. If we keep sucking-- then you know something is wrong.

Also, Malcom Brown has been very impressive-- but just wait until next year when we get Jonathan Gray. Then we will have the ultimate RB combo. Gray and Brown will be tearing it up.

Last edited by h152cc2; 10-18-2011 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
 
272 posts, read 170,208 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Mac Brown isn't washed up yet, we are still getting 5 star recruits... However, our offense and defense are going to take time to develop. We are still a very young team. Practice is great-- but these kids need more experience playing in front of 100,000 person crowds as it is a totally different atmosphere for them than high school was... Just watch, Texas will recover it just takes a little time.

Then again, it doesn't really matter who is at the helm-- at Texas we will always get 5 star recruits. I think we need to stick with Coach Brown for at least 1 - 2 more years after this season. If we keep sucking-- then you know something is wrong.

Also, Malcom Brown has been very impressive-- but just wait until next year when we get Jonathan Gray. Then we will have the ultimate RB combo. Gray and Brown will be tearing it up.
I think Mack is washed up. but you can disagree.

and Johnathan Gray won't be able to do a thing if the O-line sucks like it does now. UT needs to recruit some O-linemen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
 
1,359 posts, read 4,384,577 times
Reputation: 771
Too soon to tell. I agree with the wait a year or two argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 AM
 
272 posts, read 170,208 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
Too soon to tell. I agree with the wait a year or two argument.
If he wasn't washed up, there would be no drop off in talent. UT is officially in the rebuilding stages now. This is not like Texas since before Mack. the drop off is evidence of the lack of inspiration he gives players to come to Texas anymore.

Stoops never had such a drop off in talent.

And why so many Freshmen? where are the Juniors and Seniors at?

and where is D.J. Grant?? Remember him? the guy that went off early in the season? yeah him..

I wonder if Texas spent too much money on Harsin and Diaz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Austin Texas
474 posts, read 762,932 times
Reputation: 531
I'm not convinced Mack is washed up. But there are some signs, as last year proved, that all is not well.

I think the talent dropoff is obvious. The OL is of course suspect. And the WRs are nothing special. Some of them may be 5 stars - but they are over-rated 5 stars. I think it shows that player evaluation has been suspect for a while and that signing juniors carries risks. Mack is too loyal - both to coaches and players. No one last year was held accountable. The "we're Texas" mentality is arrogant and the players weren't hungry enough.

Not sure who makes decisions like the coach in waiting debacle. Is that Mack or DeLoss? It is dumb dumb dumb to do that. Paying your DC $900K+ is ridiculous. There seems to be a fair amount of sucking up going on too. Applewhite's status and pay is way too high for his demonstrated ability as a coach. But he is so loved by all - that they overpay him too.

I'm not convinced Harsin and Diaz will be around long either.

Mack may get it turned around. He deserves 2 years counting this season. If he doesn't get it done, the pathetic Longhorn fans will desert the team and leave the stadium at halftime instead of the 3rd quarter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 11:53 AM
 
Location: In San Antonio
1,673 posts, read 2,724,264 times
Reputation: 1242
Hey Gametime I DISagree that Mack is washed up.

I AGREE with your statement about the lack of passes to Grant.

But we all want Texas to do good, well some of us, but I would say by 2013 season, if Texas is not in the preseason top 10 Mack maybe on the hot seat.

He does good recruiting, however he has missed some BIG names slip up to ou land. But with that said you just cant get everyone you would like. Texas just has too many high schools and UT doesnt have all the time in the world to get these players.

Anyway you bring up a good argument. In time Mack will be gone. Will he leave on top or will it be a kicking out??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 12:04 PM
 
272 posts, read 170,208 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Anyway you bring up a good argument. In time Mack will be gone. Will he leave on top or will it be a kicking out??
I say, given last year's 5-7 breakdown, Mack is already set to leave. and it will be a firing and not him finding his pasture or a new job.

He will be fired. just a matter of time. and I think he knows it. That's why he's trying hard to get Case McCoy to the NFL before he leaves.

gotta keep his word to the McCoy family...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2011, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Austin Texas
474 posts, read 762,932 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Hey Gametime I DISagree that Mack is washed up.

I AGREE with your statement about the lack of passes to Grant.

But we all want Texas to do good, well some of us, but I would say by 2013 season, if Texas is not in the preseason top 10 Mack maybe on the hot seat.

He does good recruiting, however he has missed some BIG names slip up to ou land. But with that said you just cant get everyone you would like. Texas just has too many high schools and UT doesnt have all the time in the world to get these players.

Anyway you bring up a good argument. In time Mack will be gone. Will he leave on top or will it be a kicking out??
Give me a break. Missing a few players that went to OU or OSU isn't the cause of Texas' problems. The talent level from top to bottom at Texas is still way above SMU, TCU, Houston, K State, etc. I think the horns would lose to at least two of them, and possibly all four if played this weekend. Player development (that means coaching) has been subpar for a bit. Adding Jonathan Gray isn't going to suddenly make Texas a MNC contender unless the players around him develop.

I think an least worthy of discussion knock against Mack in his history at Texas is that he has relied on talent instead of player development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top