U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:41 AM

8,401 posts, read 8,390,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I'll say if any top 10 team will be upset it will be Oklahoma.
No way. Tech's run outta tortillas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 09:46 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
You mean the UNC that allowed Jacory Harris to play mistake free. UNC has been giving up the most receiving yards in the ACC. Clemson on the other hand is #7 in the NCAA in receiving yards. Clemson with their Boyd/Watkins combo should just rack it up and easily take the win.

Like you stated, Oklahoma really is the only team I see that potentially could be upset. Auburn might have a chance but in both case I don't see the "upset special" OP claimed.

So far they beat 3 ranked teams (2 who still are) with two potential ranked teams left on schedule (GT and South Carolina)... Oregon last year had what only 1 ranked team they beat when the season ended (Stanford), the other two ranked teams didn't finish the season ranked. Is the haterade your drinking due to the fact that Clemson has more of a shot for a Natty than Oregon does since they are ranked higher playing better competition than Oregon did the year they got into the Natty game or was it that Clemson was actually able to BEAT Auburn instead of getting embarrassed watching their "high powered offense" unable to do anything against the SEC worst defense...
Don't even start to jabber on, son. You tried to talk smack earlier in the year and your team s*** its pants. To compare AU's team this year to last year with Cam and Fairley, just continues to prove you really know jack. Man, stop drinking the turpentine. Walk on home.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:44 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Texas has an open date today.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:19 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,948,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Don't even start to jabber on, son. You tried to talk smack earlier in the year and your team s*** its pants. To compare AU's team this year to last year with Cam and Fairley, just continues to prove you really know jack. Man, stop drinking the turpentine. Walk on home.
You do realize that football is a team game. Newton was a big part no doubt but Dyer dropped 143 rushing yards on you guys. Yes, he is still there. Fairley was there all season when all the SEC schools including Kentucky posted more points on them then Oregon did. Most of that young defense returned this year with an extra year of experience.

As it relates to my team, we don't even play you guys. The only smack talk related to Oregon I remember is that you guys weren't going to beat LSU, which came true. During that talk, I brought up their lack of success against good out of conference opponents like Boise St. That was it.

But hey it doesn't matter. Clemson beat Auburn, you didn't. They destroyed their opponent today to remain undefeated. End of story.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
You do realize that football is a team game. Newton was a big part no doubt but Dyer dropped 143 rushing yards on you guys. Yes, he is still there. Fairley was there all season when all the SEC schools including Kentucky posted more points on them then Oregon did. Most of that young defense returned this year with an extra year of experience.

As it relates to my team, we don't even play you guys. The only smack talk related to Oregon I remember is that you guys weren't going to beat LSU, which came true. During that talk, I brought up their lack of success against good out of conference opponents like Boise St. That was it.

But hey it doesn't matter. Clemson beat Auburn, you didn't. They destroyed their opponent today to remain undefeated. End of story.
Again, put down the turpentine. Your brain is clearly mush-mush if you make stupid comments like this. Yeah, watching that same AU team looking good against that LSU team. You do not think logically and it is no use even responding to you. Besides, I'd rather see your overrated team p*** themselves and see their fans talk about how superior they were 10 years ago (probably about the time when you were p****** yourself and getting cleaned up by mommy).

Be glad you do not play us as we'd curbstomp you. Now, what channel is that Wake Forest game on?

**Oh, and I never stated Clemson was not good. In fact, Oregon was going to sign Tajh Boyd, but his mommy didn't want him so far from home. You know all about that I'm sure.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:58 PM

16,532 posts, read 20,994,530 times
OOOOOOKKAAAYYYYYY! Let's not get too carried away here- THAAANNKK YOUUUUU!!

Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Again, put down the turpentine. Your brain is clearly mush-mush if you make stupid comments like this. Yeah, watching that same AU team looking good against that LSU team. You do not think logically and it is no use even responding to you. Besides, I'd rather see your overrated team p*** themselves and see their fans talk about how superior they were 10 years ago (probably about the time when you were p****** yourself and getting cleaned up by mommy).

Be glad you do not play us as we'd curbstomp you. Now, what channel is that Wake Forest game on?

**Oh, and I never stated Clemson was not good. In fact, Oregon was going to sign Tajh Boyd, but his mommy didn't want him so far from home. You know all about that I'm sure.
I guess I hit a nerve since there isn't much substance compared to insults.

To Clemson, by you saying "who do they play" it insinuates that you think they aren't good. Don't try to backpedal since they hung 59 on UNC today.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:35 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,748,219 times
Quote:
I guess I hit a nerve since there isn't much substance compared to insults.

To Clemson, by you saying "who do they play" it insinuates that you think they aren't good. Don't try to backpedal since they hung 59 on UNC today.
Hm...
Clemson plays 5 ranked teams
Oregon plays 4 ranked teams

I'm not convinced Oregon could beat Clemson this year... they have looked pretty damn good... That would be one hell of a game.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:50 PM

Looks like Wiscy was a paper tiger. Getting handled by Sparty. Mustache was right on 1 top 10 team going down.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 PM

Potential #2 since Texas Tech is up 21-7 now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football