U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-24-2011, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Morrisville
1,168 posts, read 2,151,388 times
Reputation: 1113

Advertisements

All over every sports raido talk show and all over ESPN all I hear is about how good Andrew Luck is and how he's going to be a game changer for whatever NFL team manages to suck enough to get the first pick in next years draft. My question is this...Why so much hype about him? Is he really the second comming of all great NFL quarterbacks wrapped into 1? I mean how many other over-hyped first round picks turned out to be duds? I just don't see what all the hype is about.

Maybe some of you west coasters can fill me in a little bit. Seeing that I am in NC i rarely get a chance to see Stanford play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,418,632 times
Reputation: 1322
Just watch the nationally televised game this Saturday night at 8pm on ABC against USC and you wont have any more questions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 10:54 PM
 
Location: In San Antonio
1,673 posts, read 2,724,917 times
Reputation: 1242
I have not seen much of Luck myself. With that said I know he is in a pro style offense. He has all the physical features that NFL Qbs have and they(teams and owners) like to see. Nice throwing motion, low interceptions, good height. However, he has been blessed with good O-line and good receivers.

You should check out ESPN3 and watch more Stanford games as I will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2011, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Morrisville
1,168 posts, read 2,151,388 times
Reputation: 1113
I'm going to try and catch the USC-Stan game tomorrow night.

I'm just interested to see if he's as good as people say he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
1,225 posts, read 1,819,475 times
Reputation: 546
He is a special player. No one is a guarantee at the next level, but if you listed everything a No 1 QB pick should have this guy has all of it. The whole package.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,092 posts, read 3,022,063 times
Reputation: 869
Luck is money. Of course the kid is well, a kid. However, he is very accurate and seems to have a real solid understanding of the game. He doesn't put up the biggest numbers, but he is very efficient and manages his team extremely well. He also grew up in Houston area (with strong competition- certainly compared to about 45 other states) and from the day he set foot on the field, he has been exposed to competitive football (his dad played in the NFL). I'd love for my Seahawks to draft hem.

That being said, my Ducks picked him 3 times last year, and they are going to nab a few more this year.

Go Ducks!

Last edited by Acuda; 10-28-2011 at 10:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 11:53 AM
 
4,749 posts, read 3,617,091 times
Reputation: 3225
Stanford is going to destroy USC tonight, and Andrew Luck will have a lot to do with it. I'm not even a Stanford fan, but this game will get ugly, I predict. Stanford will probably hang double nickels on them, and maybe even double 6's.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the beginning of the end of USC and Lane Kiffin's career there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 11:56 AM
 
4,749 posts, read 3,617,091 times
Reputation: 3225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Luck is money. Of course the kid is well, a kid. However, he is very accurate and seems to have a real solid understanding of the game. He doesn't put up the biggest numbers, but he is very efficient and manages his team extremely well. He also grew up in Houston area (with strong competition- certainly compared to about 45 other states) and from the day he set foot on the field, he has been exposed to competitive football (his dad played in the NFL). I'd love for my Seahawks to draft hem.

That being said, my Ducks picked him 3 times last year, and they are going to nab a few more this year.

Go Ducks!
Not this year, chief.

I suspect that Stanford this year is what the Ducks will be in another year or two: an offensive machine that cannot be stopped except by the top one or two defenses in the nation.

I hope for Oregon's sake I'm wrong, but I suspect the only team that could possibly give Luck problems with be either LSU or Alabama. Those defenses have the strength in the box to put pressure on Luck, and they have the speed at secondary to cover their receivers -- for a few seconds anyway.

But the good news for Ducks Nation is, I think Kelly's building that kind of offense. I would not want to play Oregon in 2012 or 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,092 posts, read 3,022,063 times
Reputation: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Not this year, chief.

I suspect that Stanford this year is what the Ducks will be in another year or two: an offensive machine that cannot be stopped except by the top one or two defenses in the nation.

I hope for Oregon's sake I'm wrong, but I suspect the only team that could possibly give Luck problems with be either LSU or Alabama. Those defenses have the strength in the box to put pressure on Luck, and they have the speed at secondary to cover their receivers -- for a few seconds anyway.

But the good news for Ducks Nation is, I think Kelly's building that kind of offense. I would not want to play Oregon in 2012 or 2013.
First off, Chief, let's get this straight- we are not Duck Nation! LOL! Other teams can claim that, but no self-respecting Duck calls themselves Duck Nation.

Yeah, Stanford is good without a doubt. But consider this. Who really has stopped Oregon other than 3-4 teams? Oregon is vastly improved since the LSU game, which was statistically deadlocked (and LSU is a beast).

Stanford has looked good against teams that all have losing records and an overrated Washington team. Oregon's defense is a lot better than people think and have always been able to make halftime adjustments to dominate the second half. Stanford's defense is slow and they will not be able to stop our offense if we are firing on all cylinders (Thomas and James need to play).

It will be a war for sure, but I like or chances on the Farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 12:58 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,859,903 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Other teams can claim that, but no self-respecting Duck calls themselves Duck Nation.
There is only ONE.

20-17. U$C wins a close one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top