U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 03:24 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,379,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Wasnt Nevada ranked at some point last season as well?
They were ranked in the AP poll for all but two weeks of the regular season, after they'd lost to Hawaii. That was the only game they lost last year. They finished at #11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 04:22 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,995 times
Damn that BSU Nevada game was good.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,818,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
No one familiar with WAC football would have thought that game was going to be an easy one for Boise last year. Nevada has been really good in recent years.

Boise has a much easier schedule this year, but that will probably wreck their chances even if they run the table. Assuming they do, I'm hoping they will at least get another high profile bowl game similar to the one with Oklahoma.
As a Nevada fan, nobody outside the WAC really thought that Nevada had a chance, to me it wasn't that much of a surprise, last year was one of the great Nevada teams, a quality loss for BSU.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,745,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
- LSU beats 'Bama

- OK-State will lose to Oklahoma (like they always do)

- Clemson will probably lose this weekend at GT, if now, they will definitely lose to South Carolina at the end of their schedule (Check)

- Oregon will beat Stanford...

- K-State will lose to a ton of teams including Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, A&M (Check)

-LSU will beat Arkansas

-LSU beats South Carolina in the SEC championship game

-There is no big 12 championship game

-Oregon wins the Pac 12
One step closer to Boise State sneaking in. Although, Stanford put up such a good fight last weekend I don't know if they won't just win out...

Old 10-31-2011, 12:26 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,759,260 times
Boise State has indeed arrived as a football power-----they are a player to be reckoned with in the future.

It is clear that unless they can free their schedule from the Idaho, Utah State, New Mexico ect....their ambition to contend for national championships will not be realized due to strength of schedule.

Joining the Big East is not the answer----who knows if the Big East will qualify for an automatic bid to the BCS after 2013??

Boise will just have to sell itself to either the Pac 12 or the Big 12 and keep hammering away at them. The combined Moutain West and Conference Usa is not going to get an automatic qualifier, so that road is going to be a difficult one.

I think the Big 12 will eventually expand to 12 teams and perhaps Boise should stay in constant contact with Louisville and as a tandem team up to convince the Big 12-----that would make for a pretty solid Big 12.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:17 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,512,283 times
Quote:
- Clemson will probably lose this weekend at GT, if now, they will definitely lose to South Carolina at the end of their schedule
Clemson sure did lay an egg at GT, didnt they?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:30 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
Quote:
Now that Oklahoma has lost, I am convinced Boise State will make it to the national championship this year. Here is how...

- LSU beats 'Bama

- OK-State will lose to Oklahoma (like they always do)

- Clemson will probably lose this weekend at GT, if now, they will definitely lose to South Carolina at the end of their schedule

- Oregon will beat Stanford...

- K-State will lose to a ton of teams including Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, A&M

-LSU will beat Arkansas

-LSU beats South Carolina in the SEC championship game

-There is no big 12 championship game

-Oregon wins the Pac 12

... Thus ensuring a LSU vs. Boise State national title game. Book it.
The big loophole in this is Oklahoma did not drop far enough for this to happen... they will still get in over Boise State even if everything you say happens.

I'm not saying it SHOULD happen. I would prefer to see Boise play in the National Title myself if all you say happens. But the powers at be are just not going to let it happen.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,512,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
The big loophole in this is Oklahoma did not drop far enough for this to happen... they will still get in over Boise State even if everything you say happens.

I'm not saying it SHOULD happen. I would prefer to see Boise play in the National Title myself if all you say happens. But the powers at be are just not going to let it happen.
^^ I think all of the analysis and all of the scenarios that have been laid out are pointless because that is the bottom line in this whole thing--and it always has been.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:47 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,641 times
You mean the BCS powers that be aren't going to let a non-BCS team play for the BCS MNC? Who da thunk. It's nothing new.

Pretty simple, if you aren't from a BCS conference you aren't going to play for the BCS MNC.

The funny thing is that when/if BSU goes to a BCS conference I will guarantee they lose a conference game. Then all of those years getting shut out of the BCS MNC while having undefeated seasons will appear to have been for good reason. LOL.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:28 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,379,787 times
Although if they go to the Big East, they may end up doing pretty well in their conference play.

It'll be interesting to see how TCU ends up doing in the Big 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football