Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
USC is ineligible to play in Pac-12 champ. The winner of the north will play either UCLA (shockingly) or ASU.
Well, sir, you raise a legitimate point. For some reason I thought they were eligible to play in the Pac 12 title game, just not the bowls.

Well, then, the winner of Stanford-Oregon should win the conference outright, unless they miss the team plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 12:23 AM

16,507 posts, read 26,282,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Come on, guys, let's not get carried away here. Seriously, if people think that Boise State hasn't played anybody, take a look at Houston's "accomplishments" this season. A 4-point victory over UCLA. A one-point, 35-34 victory over La. Tech. Beat that perennial power UTEP 49-42. Beat up on Marshall and Rice, but both have losing records in a very weak conference. At least Boise St. beat Georgia, which is a ranked team and might actually enter the top ten in the next two weeks.

Alabama would flatten Houston. It wouldn't be pretty.
Absolutely, Alabama would tramp Houston like a high school team. They just aren't prepared for a team like Bama.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:11 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Come on, guys, let's not get carried away here. Seriously, if people think that Boise State hasn't played anybody, take a look at Houston's "accomplishments" this season. A 4-point victory over UCLA. A one-point, 35-34 victory over La. Tech. Beat that perennial power UTEP 49-42. Beat up on Marshall and Rice, but both have losing records in a very weak conference. At least Boise St. beat Georgia, which is a ranked team and might actually enter the top ten in the next two weeks.

This x100,

Houston would not put up over 30 on Alabama, people rip on Boise State for where they are and who they've played, but look at Houston, they've played nobody and play in CUSA for the love of god.

Yes their offence is good, but that's mostly because of who they've played.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:13 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
I'd love to play Boise St., and I think they'd be more of a worthy opponent than a lot of people think. That's honestly the one team I could probably stomach losing to, especially if it was a game for the ages like the OU Fiesta Bowl in 2006. Not that I'd want to lose of course, but I'm sayin....I think it would be potentially a great match-up for NCAA football fans all over.

I bet it would be a ratings hit. 'David versus Goliath'. I know that probably 80 - 90 percent of the country would be rooting for BSU, but the fans in the Dome would be pretty partisan as well. Yes, I like this idea. Let's do it.

Come on, BSU vs. LSU.
It would be great for football, I don't think it would be a blowout, Boise State would give anybody in the SEC a good run, could they do it week in, week out though, the jury is out on that one.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:00 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,566 times
Case is good but also has never met DBs like Kirkpatrick or Barron. He also hasn't had guys like Hightower rushing at him. That team would be completely dominated way worse than the Michigan St debacle last year. Cousins exposed/hit hard all game til knocked out, another QB experiences the same fate, third string guy got action, and multiple linemen/receivers injured during the game.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:26 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
If LSU loses the SEC Champeenship game to South Carolina or Georgia, and
both ALA and LSU have one loss
, then let them meet in somehting like the Pizza Inn bowl or the Korean Airlines bowl or something, give the title game to Boise vs Stanford
I'd vote to call it the Ambien Bowl.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:27 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,352 times
It's a crime to have Bama above Boise in the updated rankings.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,646 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Absolutely, Alabama would tramp Houston like a high school team. They just aren't prepared for a team like Bama.
Eggzactly. Just ask Utah.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-07-2011 at 09:42 AM..

Old 11-07-2011, 11:53 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,616 times
That's pretty much the only case where I think the "body of work" should be taken into consideration. Assuming Boise State gets to a BCS bowl, they should be given a shot against one of the stronger conference champs, or at least against the SEC 2nd place team. The program has a history of competing really well against the bigger schools, and they should be given a shot at BCS #3 or #4, depending on who it is. I know a lot of fans would like to see how they could do against one of the stronger SEC teams, or maybe have a re-match with Oklahoma.

Really hated it the year they put them up against TCU...for both teams that was kind of like not being allowed to sit at the adult table.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:55 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,889,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
Really hated it the year they put them up against TCU...for both teams that was kind of like not being allowed to sit at the adult table.
Eventually, that will be a pain in the ass neither school will have to worry about ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football