U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 AM

12,183 posts, read 21,031,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
So, you actually bothered to figure out how DII seeding for the playoffs works? I'm impressed, it only took you three years.

I guess the Pweeblo elite do possess some talent for learning.

Let me take a bunt at this (a little baseball term that we should both understand ) but yes I can learn and I am told that is why they have more patience with me because as I learn I help explain it to others in Pueblo. This works with football and the university and even downtown with our Riverwalk/ convention center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 10:21 PM

Here are two more videos I made of the band at the last game.

This is the CSU Pueblo fight song. They are teaching us the words.

This is the band at half time playing Mr Roboto

Old 10-29-2011, 10:41 AM

Tonight Colorado State University - Pueblo travels to New Mexico Highlands. Kickoff is at 6 pm. Last year Pueblo won 66 to 0 so I don't anticipate much drama in tonight's game.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:56 PM

14,586 posts, read 22,434,680 times
CSU-Pueblo 37 NMH 0

CSU-PUEBLO to be #4 in the country tomorrow.

Scoopforward to Joss; It's what a guy on kcsj said.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-29-2011 at 10:24 PM..

Old 10-29-2011, 08:57 PM

CSU Pueblo beat New Mexico Highlands 37 to 0 to go 9 and 0! That means they will stay ranked number 1 in the third super region. Congrats Pack!

Old 10-29-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
CSU-Pueblo 37 NMH 0

CSU-PUEBLO to be #4 in the country tomorrow.
Lol you and I always post at the same time. Why do you think they will be ranked 4 th? Did some teams lose today?

Old 10-29-2011, 10:07 PM

Talking Top 5 team in the nation

I did some research.

6th ranked Minnesota Duluth lost, 2nd ranked, and previously undefeated, Bloomsburg PA lost and 5th ranked North Alabama lost.

Based on this I can see how Colorado State University - Pueblo will be the 4th ranked team in the nation on Monday's poll.

Congrats Pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 AM

924 posts, read 990,465 times
I think CSU-P will crawl up to sixth place tops. Minnesota Duluth and North Alabama both narrowly lost to ranked teams and generally weren't considered upsets. Bloomsburg was an upset and that will cause a bit of shuffle. However, CSU-Pweeblo beating a cellar dweller like New Mexico Highlands is not going to cause a large impact.

It's hard to judge teams in the RMAC since the conference is a notably weak in football and will be even more so with Kearney leaving next year. The RMAC needs to lure a couple of other strong football programs to really get a competition going rather than having the same two or three teams being the top-ranked ones year after year.

Apparently the Coaches' Poll does not agree with me.

Last edited by wong21fr; 10-31-2011 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: Damn, was I ever wrong.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 AM

Talking CSU P in the top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
I think CSU-P will crawl up to sixth place tops. Minnesota Duluth and North Alabama both narrowly lost to ranked teams and generally weren't considered upsets. Bloomsburg was an upset and that will cause a bit of shuffle. However, CSU-Pweeblo beating a cellar dweller like New Mexico Highlands is not going to cause a large impact.

It's hard to judge teams in the RMAC since the conference is a notably weak in football and will be even more so with Kearney leaving next year. The RMAC needs to lure a couple of other strong football programs to really get a competition going rather than having the same two or three teams being the top-ranked ones year after year.

Apparently the Coaches' Poll does not agree with me.
You are right as they do not agree with you.

The poll is out and as predicted by Mcgowdog and I CSU Pueblo is the 4th ranked team in division 2. All they have to do now is keep winning and they should have home field advantage through a lot of the playoffs.

I still find it kind of odd that the only team in Colorado talking about post season play is from Pueblo. Fun but odd.

Here are the top 4 teams in the coaches poll:

1. Delta St.
2. Pittsburg St. (Kan.)
3. Northwest Missouri St.
4. Colorado St.-Pueblo

What they said about it:

Delta State (Miss.) was idle this past weekend and remained in the top spot of the AFCA Division II Coaches’ Top 25 Poll with 25 first-place votes, but losses by three of the Top 6 teams caused almost every team in the poll to change positions. Pittsburg State (Kan.) was idle and moved up to the second spot with three first-place votes, while Northwest Missouri State received the final first-place vote and moved up to No. 3 after beating Missouri Southern State, 52-21. Colorado State-Pueblo and Midwestern State (Texas) both moved up three spots to take over the No. 4 and No. 5 spots, respectively, in this week’s poll.

The link: Delta State Still No. 1 in AFCA Division II Coaches' Poll

Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM

924 posts, read 990,465 times
Is it fair to say that you and McDowdog predicted it if you are both basing it off of listening to the predictions of a sports radio broadcaster? Isn't more a case of both of you parroting someone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football