U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 12:06 PM

12,177 posts, read 21,015,518 times

Advertisements

If you look at my post #307 I did the research and figured out what teams in the top 6 lost. Based on that I came to the conclusion that Pueblo would be ranked 4th in division 2 in today's poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 12:12 PM

922 posts, read 988,856 times
^Sorry, but I don't for a second think that you actually did research; you heard/read it from somewhere else and reposted it as your opinion.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM

It was actually easy research with the Internet. I looked at last weeks poll then looked at the results posted on line of the games this week and found the 3 teams that lost. It took me less then 10 minutes to get my results and post my findings on line.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:18 PM

Looking ahead to this week:

1st ranked Delta state plays 18th ranked West Alabama.

2nd ranked Pittsburg St. (Kansas) plays 9th ranked Washburn (Kan.).

3rd ranked Northwest Missouri St. plays 25th ranked Missouri Western St.

4th ranked Pueblo plays Western State at home.

Given the teams the top 4 schools play its likely Pueblo will win but not as likely the other 3 will win. Now while its unlikely all 3 will lose I would not be surprised if at least one team losses causing Pueblo to go up in the poll next week.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:05 PM

14,547 posts, read 22,409,464 times
We need to stop thinking Pueblo right now and think big.

Selfishness is foolishness, right?

Are there any players on this team right here we can farm out to the Denver Broncos? They need some help badly.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:15 PM

^

Maybe Pueblo should just take over the rest of the season for the Broncos and the Broncos can take over Pueblo's schedule. Given how Denver plays its possible they will be able to win the division 2 title and Pueblo has a better chance of getting into the NFL playoffs.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:35 PM

Exclamation Taking a look at the bigger region picture

Back to reality. A interesting article came across my google alerts from the St. Cloud Times. In it they talked about the third super region and the outlook for the playoffs.

I liked it for a couple of reasons. First Pueblo is being noticed outside the state. As a side note I like how they refer to CSU Pueblo as simply Pueblo. Not many cities get that "privilege" since their name is not officially part of the schools name.

This is a quote from the article:

After beating New Mexico Highlands on Saturday night, Pueblo improved to 9-0 overall on the season and 8-0 against the region. The Thunderwolves’ final two games are at home against Western State on Nov. 5 and Western New Mexico on Nov. 12. Pueblo appears to have the lock on the No. 1 seed.

The article, also, gave good information on the super region that applies to Pueblo.

This is what the article said:

The region isn’t as loaded as it has been in the past with traditional powers like UMD and Grand Valley State (Mich.) struggling. If there was ever a year where the Huskies could put together an easy run through Super Region 3, this is it.

This could be the perfect year for Pueblo to break out of the Pack (pun intended) and start to be known as the Super Regions power house. Especially with the rest of Colorado's football teams not doing so good Pueblo will really get noticed by the states media if we do good in the playoffs.

The link to the article: Rennecke column: Taking a look at the bigger region picture | St. Cloud TIMES | sctimes.com

Old 10-31-2011, 05:12 PM

Talking Pueblo remains number 1 in region

I decided to post about this even though its not unexpected. The new regional poll was released and Pueblo has remained as the first ranked team in the third super region.

Here is a link to the poll: Regional Rankings

Old 11-03-2011, 04:58 PM

14,547 posts, read 22,409,464 times
I'd like to thank all of you Colorado folks for coming in here and supporting your state's only hope for winning football with Joss and I!

Broncos? ch.

Air Force? Once they win that Commander in Chief, who cares about the bowl game they'll get or whether they'll win it or not?

CSU Ft Collins? I don't think they can beat Air Force... even if they do beat their underachieving rivals...

... the CU Buffs! Question; who will win their next game first? The Buffs or Broncos?

Who cares? I hope they both lose... because we got the CSU Timberwolves here!

Old 11-05-2011, 05:04 PM

Talking CSU - Pueblo won

I just got back from the game and CSU Pueblo beat Western State 41 to 3 to go 10 and 0!

Plus two teams ahead of Pueblo in the national poll lost (2nd ranked Pittsburg State and 3rd ranked Northwest Missouri) so come Monday Pueblo will be the 2nd ranked team in the nation.

Here is a video of one of the touch downs I took in today's game.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football