U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 08:52 PM

12,183 posts, read 21,043,070 times

Advertisements

CSU Pueblo beat West Texas A & M 44 to 34! That is a huge victory for Pueblo as they are now 1-0. I will post pictures and videos tomorrow.

Last edited by Josseppie; 08-30-2012 at 09:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 02:22 PM

Talking CSU Pueblo football

As promised here are some pictures and a video from 6th ranked CSU Pueblo's win last night over 24th ranked West Texas A&M.

This is the first drive where CSU Pueblo scored.

This is the start of the second half. I like how the moon is there.

The final score was 44-34 but I took this before the cosmetic touchdown by West Texas.

I made 3 seperate videos but put them into one large one.

Last edited by Josseppie; 08-31-2012 at 02:51 PM..

Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM

Talking CSU Pueblo ranked 6th in the nation

CSU Pueblo remained the 6th ranked team in the division 2 coach's poll.

Here are the top 10 teams:

1. Pittsburg St. (Kan.)
2. Minnesota-Duluth
3. Northwest Missouri St.
4. Midwestern St. (Texas)
5. Wayne St. (Mich.) (1)
6. Colorado St.-Pueblo
7. Grand Valley St. (Mich.)
8. Winston-Salem St. (N.C.)
9. Abilene Christian (Texas)
10. California (Pa.)

The link: Top Seven Unchanged in Division II Coaches' Poll

Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 AM

Talking No. 6 Colorado State-Pueblo takes down No. 24 West Texas A&M Buffaloes

I think that one of the best ways to see how good your team is playing is to read the other teams cities newspaper. I did that today with West Texas A&M to see what the newspaper in Amarillo said. I think it was very telling and shows that Pueblo has the potential to have a great season. One more thing I like is how many people attended the game. While I would eventually like to see every game sell out not many division 2 teams get this kind of attendance and this says a lot about the support the program has in Pueblo.

I know this is early in the season as they have only played one game but I think Pueblo has a good chance to make it far in the playoffs and a title game appearance is not out of the question.

This is from Amarillo.com:

PUEBLO, Colo. — The Colorado State-Pueblo ThunderWolves didn’t sneak up on anybody Thursday at the ThunderBowl — the West Texas A&M Buffaloes saw them coming but could do little to stop them. A year after offensive miscues plagued WT in a 26-24 season-opening loss to CSUP, the sixth-ranked ThunderWolves used a basic, smash-mouth rushing attack to beat the No. 24 Buffs, 44-34, before 6,457 fans.

They went on to say:

“They’re a great team, and you can’t take anything away from them,” Ratliff said. “They were exactly who we thought they were going to be. We knew we’d have to play one of our best games.”

The link: No. 6 Colorado State-Pueblo takes down No. 24 West Texas A&M Buffaloes | Amarillo Globe-News

Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 PM

6th ranked CSU Pueblo beat NW Oklahoma State 41 to 24 to go 2 and 0!!!!!!!

I will post more about the win next week and the new polls will be out Tuesday.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 AM

Talking Big Reshuffle in Division II Coaches' Poll

6th ranked CSU Pueblo is now the 3rd ranked team in the nation and the only college football team in the state of Colorado to be in the top 10 in division 2 or 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pueblo represents!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is from the division 2 coachs' poll:

Previous Top 5 teams Northwest Missouri State, Midwestern State (Texas) and Wayne State (Mich.) all lost this past Saturday, causing a big shakeup in week two of the AFCA Division II Coaches’ Top 25 Poll. Pittsburg State (Kan.) beat Central Oklahoma, 34-19, and held onto the top spot with 29 first-place votes. Minnesota-Duluth remains No. 2, followed by Colorado State-Pueblo, Grand Valley State (Mich.) and Winston-Salem St. (N.C.) as the new Top 5.

The top 5 teams:

1. Pittsburg St. (Kan.)
2. Minnesota-Duluth
3. Colorado St.-Pueblo
4. Grand Valley St. (Mich.)
5. Winston-Salem St. (N.C.)

The link: Big Reshuffle in Division II Coaches' Poll

Last edited by Josseppie; 09-11-2012 at 12:19 PM..

Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 AM

# 3 CSU Pueblo travles to Western New Mexico state for their first conference game. Kick off is at noon.

Good luck Thunderwolfs!

Old 09-15-2012, 01:16 PM

452 posts, read 1,240,180 times
Where the heck is Pueblo and why are there so many posts about a team that gets a little more attendance than a high school team???

Moderator comment-

1. The lower divisions are still college football, even if they aren't Big 10, Pac-12, MWC, YMCA, IOU, or AMF.
2. And this forum is about college football-and that is any college in the USA.
3. If the OP is the only poster here, then he's the only poster here. (and there HAVE been other posters here, just not recently. A thread getting moved can cause that to happen.
4. As your post is crystal clear, @*&$)^@#%#

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-17-2012 at 08:06 PM..

Old 09-15-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coo77 View Post
Where the heck is Pueblo and why are there so many posts about a team that gets a little more attendance than a high school team???
Pueblo is located in southern Colorado and is the economic, political and shopping hub of the Pueblo region that is 20 counties in 2 states. Pueblo has been lately refereed to as "The capitol of southern Colorado" by local leaders.

This is the map of the Pueblo region. It is # 140:

CSU Pueblo is the flag ship university for the Pueblo region. Why does it get so many posts? Because one of its fans (me ) also posts a lot on city data!

I will admit that I think its funny and cool that in this sub forum its all division 1 teams and CSU Pueblo, a division 2 team. I started this in the Colorado Forum but was told that the College sub forum was the more appropriate for this thread so its here.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:05 PM

Talking CSU Pueblo wins

Speaking of CSU Pueblo. They beat Western New Mexico State 34 to 27 to go 3 and 0 and 1 and 0 in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC).

The number 1 team, Pittsburg St. (Kan.), won and the number 2 team, Minnesota-Duluth, has not played yet. So Pueblo has a chance to take the number 2 spot if Minnesota-Duluth loses tonight. I will watch the score and post what happens here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football