U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 04:33 PM

12,193 posts, read 21,170,287 times

Advertisements

^

Thank you!

As I have stated looking at your opponents news paper gives you a indication of how good your team is by their expectations. I looked to see what Highlands was thinking and this is what I found:

This is from the Albuquerque Sports Journal:

The New Mexico Highlands football team will play its most important game in about 13 years Saturday when the Cowboys visit No. 1 Colorado State-Pueblo. “The players are excited,” NMHU coach Eric Young said. “We look at this like it’s for a championship. We’ve put ourselves in a position to play in a big ballgame. Here we are, in November, and we’re playing in a big game. “We’re playing the No. 1-ranked team in the country. We told our players you don’t get that opportunity very often.”

Young figures Highlands will have to beat Pueblo to reach the NCAA playoffs for the first time in school history (and the first postseason berth since the 1970 NAIA playoffs).

Pueblo has won 24 straight regular-season games and outscored Highlands a combined 103-0 in their past two meetings. NMHU hasn’t won in Pueblo since 1981.

The link: ABQJournal Sports » Cowboys Expect a Shootout in Pueblo

Because of this Pueblo must be on their A game. Personally I think Pueblo will win but it should be a good game.

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 AM

Today is the big game.... I am going to head over at 1:30.

In honor of today's game (the last regular home game of the season) here is a video I made of the CSU Pueblo fight song!

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 04:46 PM

14,709 posts, read 22,607,658 times
Ha ha New Mexico Highlands tried to flex on Pueblo!

CSU up 31 to 17 now.

Go home cowboys.

Bounce.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:45 PM

It was a good game. I was worried for a minute when Pueblo fell behind. Monday I will post my pictures and a video....

Old 11-03-2012, 05:53 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,649,140 times
Congrats Josseppie. Nice video as well. So please do fill us in with what's next for you all.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:22 PM

Well now Pueblo has to see where we stand in the regional rankings as the top 2 teams get a bye in the first round of the playoffs. Then next weekend they play one more regular season game at Western State in Gunnison but it should be a easy game. Then the final regional rankings come out that will decide not only who is in the playoffs but who has home field advantage. It looks like the road to the title game will go thru Pueblo!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-06-2012 at 10:26 PM..

Old 11-04-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Ha ha New Mexico Highlands tried to flex on Pueblo!

CSU up 31 to 17 now.

Go home cowboys.

Bounce.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 AM

Well now Pueblo has to see where we stand in the regional rankings as the top 2 teams get a bye in the first round of the playoffs. Then next weekend they play one more regular season game at Western State in Gunnison but it should be a easy game. Then the final regional rankings come out that will decide not only who is in the playoffs but who has home field advantage. It looks like the road to the title game will go thru Pueblo![/quote]

Looking good bro. Got some resting and planning time now. Perfect timing.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-06-2012 at 10:27 PM..

Old 11-05-2012, 04:34 PM

As I suspected CSU Pueblo remained the number 1 football team in the nation.

This is from the division 2 coaches' poll:

Colorado State-Pueblo still sits at No. 1 for the fourth consecutive week after its 31-17 victory over New Mexico Highlands moved their record to 10-0.

No. 2 Winston-Salem State (N.C.) is also 10-0 after beating Fayetteville State (N.C.), 41-8. New Haven (Conn.) remains in the No. 3 spot and will face American International (Mass.) for a second consecutive week for the Northeast 10 Conference title. No. 4 Northwest Missouri State received one first-place vote this week as it prepares to face No. 11 Missouri Western State for the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association title. No. 5 Ashland (Ohio) is 10-0 and clinched the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference title for the first time in school history.

The link: Four New Teams Enter Division II Coaches' Top 25 Poll

Pueblo Represents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 05:11 PM

Talking CSU-Pueblo a shining light in otherwise dismal year in Colorado

The Denver Post ran another article on how CSU Pueblo is the lone bright spot in College football for Colorado. Its so nice to see the state recognizing the team and what they are doing for the city of Pueblo.

This is from the Denver Post:

John Wristen's voice, always at least raspy, Sunday sounded as though he would be pulling throat lozenges out of his pocket for a few hours. That's not unusual for coaches the day after games, but in what has been a dismal year for college football in Colorado, this was different: Wristen was talking about success, not struggles. "I have nothing to complain about," the CSU-Pueblo coach said with a laugh. "I have a great university, I'm in a great city, I have a great staff and I have great kids. We're having a lot of fun." Indeed, the Little Program That Could is thriving in Pueblo. Wristen's CSU-Pueblo ThunderWolves beat New Mexico Highlands on Saturday, are 10-0 and are on the verge of their second consecutive Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference championship. They haven't lost in the regular season since Oct. 16, 2010, and the winning streak is at 25 going into this weekend's final game at Western State. On Monday, they likely will be No. 1 in the NCAA Division II American Football Coaches Association poll for the fourth consecutive week.

This makes it all the more amazing: The program is in only its fifth season.

Read more: Frei: CSU-Pueblo a shining light in otherwise dismal year in Colorado - The Denver Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football