U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 AM

12,185 posts, read 21,079,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Since Pueblo has a legitimate chance of winning the division 2 national title in football this year I decided to look back to see what Colorado teams have won and when. This is what I found out.

1) Denver Broncos won back to back championships in 1998 and 1999.
2) The University of Northern Colorado won back to back division 2 titles in 1996 and 1997.
3) CU Boulder won the division 1 title in 1990 with some controversy.

So if Pueblo can win the national title this year they would be the only Colorado football team to have won a national championship this century.

GOOD LUCK PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since CSU Pueblo is back in the playoffs I thought I would again talk about what teams in Colorado has won national titles.

Will this happen?

4) CSU Pueblo won the national title in 2012 for division 2.

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 PM

14,639 posts, read 22,493,666 times
What? You are jinxing yourself, dude. Wait till the Twolves win their first playoff game then we'll talk about championship.

Last year they were Choke City.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 AM

I dont play for the team so as a fan I am allowed to look ahead and dream.

Speaking of playoff games. Midwestern plays at Indianapolis today and the winner of that game travels to Pueblo next week. When today's game is over I will post the final score then I will begin looking at the team Pueblo will face.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:23 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,641,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I dont play for the team so as a fan I am allowed to look ahead and dream.

Speaking of playoff games. Midwestern plays at Indianapolis today and the winner of that game travels to Pueblo next week. When today's game is over I will post the final score then I will begin looking at the team Pueblo will face.
Good job bro! There is no such thing as a champion who doesn't believe ...KNOW ...that they will win. That's accually a critical component and in fact one of the most important. Some people may hate that confidence and try and dissuade us but a champ rises above the hate. The hate is a necessary component too! Your team is going to win it. Believe that!

And keep doing an awesome job representing your team. I'm following you every step of the way.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Good job bro! There is no such thing as a champion who doesn't believe ...KNOW ...that they will win. That's accually a critical component and in fact one of the most important. Some people may hate that confidence and try and dissuade us but a champ rises above the hate. The hate is a necessary component too! Your team is going to win it. Believe that!

And keep doing an awesome job representing your team. I'm following you every step of the way.

Thank you!

Old 11-17-2012, 02:40 PM

Talking Pueblo to host Indianapolis

#12 Indianapolis beat #6 Midwestern State 31 to 14 to advance in the playoffs. Now CSU Pueblo will host Indianapolis next Saturday at the Thunderbowl. Kick off is at noon.

I will do some research on the team and talk about them this week.

Some basic information:

The University of Indianapolis is a university located in Indianapolis, Indiana. It is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. The shortened name it uses is UIndy. Established in 1902, the university offers associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees, and has more than 5,300 students.

The University of Indianapolis's athletic teams are known as the Greyhounds and participate in Division 2 of the NCAA. Most of the teams are members of the Great Lakes Valley Conference.

The link: University of Indianapolis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, this is their first time in the playoffs since 1979 and first time as a division 2 team.

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Josseppie; 11-17-2012 at 02:49 PM..

Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 AM

Talking Countdown to kickoff: 4 days

#1 CSU Pueblo began practicing yesterday for the upcoming game. The break allowed the team to rest so it looks like all the starters will start against #12 UIndy. This is good for Pueblo and while I know it's going to be a hard game I have a good feeling about it.

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 AM

Talking Countdown to kickoff: 3 days

I was looking up the forecast for Saturday and this is what I found:

Kickoff is at noon so for most of the game it will be in the 70's with no wind. That is perfect football weather.

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2012, 02:17 PM

Talking Countdown to kickoff: 1 day

Tomorrow is the big day and the updated forecast calls for 77 degrees under mostly clear skies with little wind. With kickoff at noon the temperature during the game should be in the mid to upper 70's. That is perfect football weather, especially in Colorado for late November.

The Denver Post ran a article on the Pack talking about how they want to make it to the title game and win it this season. To be honest I think Pueblo has a great chance and like the Post says I can feel a difference in their attitude as well as the cities. Last year it was new to everyone and no one knew what to expect. Not so now.

This is from the Denver Post:

PUEBLO — Head coach John Wristen and quarterback Ross Dausin, and virtually all associated with the CSU-Pueblo football program, remember the disappointment of a year ago. Going into their first playoff game in 2011, the ThunderWolves were the undefeated Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference champions and the nation's top-ranked Division II team. But the defending national champion, Minnesota-Duluth, came into Pueblo and knocked off the ThunderWolves 24-21 in the round of 16, ending the program's quest to advance deep in the postseason in only its fourth season. In 2012, the ThunderWolves again are undefeated. They are again ranked first nationally heading into their Division II matchup against the University of Indianapolis at noon Saturday in the Neta and Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl. And as the ThunderWolves either went home after Thursday's 10:30 a.m. practice for Thanksgiving, if logistically possible, or gathered with teammates and staff members and their families for a team dinner, the goal was on the table too: to make it to and win the Dec. 15 national championship game in Florence, Ala. "The big feeling is that there's a sense of urgency to our group," Wristen said. "What we learned last year is that we belonged. Now, let's finish it."

Read more: Colorado State-Pueblo hopes to atone for Division II loss last year - The Denver Post

Old 11-23-2012, 05:15 PM

I have not done this before but since this is a playoff game I thought I would make a prediction.

I think that CSU Pueblo will win by 10 points. 24 - 14

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football