U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 AM

14,677 posts, read 22,552,133 times

Advertisements

Just one game at a time baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 04:47 PM

12,189 posts, read 21,127,018 times
#1 CSU Pueblo dominated the game and beat #18 Uindy 28-7!!!!!

Now #1 Pueblo will host West Texas A & M Amarillo next Saturday at noon.

I will post pictures and a video of this game Monday.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:28 PM

Talking Number 1 Pueblo's victory

I could not wait till Monday so here are my pictures and a video from the Pueblo win!

Now my video:

Old 11-25-2012, 02:40 PM

Talking CSU-Pueblo gets first playoff win, advances in DII championships

The Denver Post ran a great article on the Pueblo win so I thought I would post it. like I have said its nice to have Denver recognize CSU Pueblo!

This is from the Denver Post:

PUEBLO — It was a win, it was a breakthrough, and it was a relief for the Colorado State-Pueblo program. What it wasn't, was pretty. The ThunderWolves, the nation's top-rated Division II football team, secured their first national playoff win ever Saturday, getting three touchdown runs from freshman tailback Cameron McDondle in a 28-7 victory over Indianapolis at the Neta and Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl.

The quarterfinal game will be a rematch. CSU-Pueblo beat West Texas A&M 44-34 on Aug. 30, also at the ThunderBowl. West Texas A&M (11-2) knocked off previously unbeaten Ashland of Ohio 33-28 on Saturday. "We put on such an onus about trying to win playoff games, and that was the last goal that we had not reached in this program," Wristen said. "You feel like you've done a lot, but, yeah, when you're in the Elite Eight, there's still a lot of football left to be played. I still feel like there's a lot of unfinished business left."

Read more: CSU-Pueblo gets first playoff win, advances in DII championships - The Denver Post

Old 11-26-2012, 09:41 AM

Talking Countdown to kickoff: 5 days

I got my tickets for this weekends game when #1 CSU Pueblo hosts West Texas A&M. Kick off is at noon.

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM

Talking Countdown to kickoff: 4 days

The game this Saturday is the most important game in the state of Colorado this weekend and the coach has given us a challenge. One that I will meet and exceed! I plan on being at the game early and being loud.

This is from the Pueblo Chieftain:

John Wristen is all about challenges. Issuing them. Facing them. Meeting them. The head football coach at Colorado State University-Pueblo challenges his players and staff daily. By winning the day or winning playoff games, overcoming adversity and overachieving in general are Wristen staples when it comes to motivational speeches. On Monday, Wristen issued another challenge — to the ThunderWolves' fans and the city of Pueblo. Top-ranked CSU-Pueblo (12-0) plays host No. 16 West Texas A&M (11-2) in the NCAA Division II quarterfinals on Saturday at the Neta & Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl, and Wristen wants his team to play before a record crowd.

The link: Pack coach issues challenge: John Wristen says T-Wolves need more support than ever - Pueblo Chieftain: Local Sports

He went on to say that he wants us to be loud as well. Personally I am hoping for a sell out crowd at the stadium. This is Pueblo's moment to shine and we need to let the nation know (and more importantly West Texas A&M) that this is our house and they will not win here!

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Josseppie; 11-27-2012 at 11:21 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 PM

Talking Countdown to kickoff: 3 days

I found something out today that I think is interesting.

This will be the first time in the history of both programs (#1 CSU Pueblo and West Texas A&M) that they have made it to the quarter finals. So this is new territory for both teams. Since Pueblo has beat them the last two times they met (Once in Pueblo and once in Amarillo) and since this is a home game in Pueblo I think the advantage goes to Pueblo and Pueblo will get a win and move on to the semi finals.

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 AM

Talking Countdown to kickoff: 2 days

Today the Amarillo Global News ran a article on the upcoming game between # 16 West Texas A&M and # 1 CSU Pueblo calling this the "new football rivalry in the southwest". I agree. From the first game when Pueblo went to Amarillo and won you could see a fun rivalry starting between the two teams and given how good they both are I would say this is a very balanced rivalry. Now I think Pueblo will win this weekend but I, also, think its going to be a good game. In the upcoming years it will be interesting to see how this rivalry develops.

This is from the Amarillo Global News:

Thereís a new football rivalry in the Southwest
. Itís only a couple of years old, but like most 2-year-olds, it makes a pretty big noise. The West Texas A&M Buffaloes (11-2) will travel to Pueblo, Colo., for an NCAA Division II quarterfinal game against Colorado State-Pubelo (12-0) at 1 p.m. Saturday. The host ThunderWolves are ranked No. 1 in the nation, while WT enters the game ranked No. 16. The teams have a shared history, having met twice in the past 15 months. The Buffs lost their Aug. 30 season opener at Pueblo, 44-34. WT entered that game ranked 24th, while Colorado State-Pueblo was No. 6 at the time. The first meeting between the teams occurred in Canyon on Sept. 1, 2011, also the season opener for both teams. In that game, an unranked ThunderWolves team stunned No. 19 WT, 26-24.

The link: Division II football playoffs: West Texas A&M gets chance to even score against No. 1 ThunderWolves | Amarillo Globe-News

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:47 PM

Talking CSU-Pueblo football mania continues this week

I just saw on KOAA-TV that the game is sold out in Pueblo this weekend! About 800 people will be from West Texas A&M so over 10,000 people will be from Pueblo. Talk about home field advantage....

This is from KOAA-TV:

As the CSU-Pueblo Thunderwolves prepare for their second game in the Division II playoffs, ticket sales and merchandise are selling quickly. As of Wednesday afternoon, there were only about 60 tickets left for the game on Saturday.

The link: CSU-Pueblo football mania continues this week | koaa.com | Colorado Springs | Pueblo |

Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 AM

Talking Countdown to kickoff: 1 day

Well this week has flown by. The excitement in Pueblo over tomorrow's game is the most I have ever seen it as the game is sold out (only standing room left), the local paper (the Pueblo Chieftain) is talking about the game in every edition and tomorrow they will have a special 10 page section on the game, the local news is talking about it. I have always seen what its like in Denver when the Broncos make it to the playoffs its fun to see it in my home town.

This is from KKTV and shows what its like in Pueblo:

PUEBLO, Colo. (GoThunderWolves.com - Nov. 29, 2012) - CSU-Pueblo's NCAA Division II Quarterfinal game with West Texas A&M, slated to kick off at noon on Saturday, Dec. 1 at the Neta & Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl, is officially sold out. Only seats on "Thunder Hill", overlooking the north end of the stadium, remain for the most highly anticipated college football game in Pueblo history.

The link: http://www.kktv.com/sports/headlines...181490361.html

Now as far as the game's weather. The forecast at kickoff (noon) is for temperatures to be in the low 70's with little wind. That is perfect football weather in Pueblo on December 1.

I wont make a point prediction but I think Pueblo will win by about 10 points. However they they can really come out charged up and make little to no mistakes and the crowd is loud then I could see them wining by a wider margin.

One last thing. CSU Pueblo is the ONLY college football game in the state of Colorado tomorrow. So Pueblo is representing the state. I will post a video and pictures after the game.

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Josseppie; 11-30-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football