U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 04:21 PM

12,177 posts, read 21,015,518 times

Advertisements

CSU Pueblo lost today to West Texas A&M. I am not going to make excuses they were totally out played and the defensive and offensive line of Texas controlled the game and it was never close.

That being said this was a good season for CSU Pueblo considering it was only their 5th season. They won the RMAC, 2 years in a row, and they won their first playoff game in school history, last weekend against UIndy. Hopefully they can continue to improve next season and make it further in the playoffs possibly into the national title game.

GOOD SEASON PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 06:02 PM

14,547 posts, read 22,409,464 times
Bummer.

This was their year.

They loose a lot of seniors now.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 PM

This is true. It will be interesting to see how the coach rebuilds the team next season.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:22 PM

I want to add that I think the youngness of the team shows in the playoffs. They get caught up in the excitement and hype and forget to focus like they need to. They already dominate the RMAC and I think in time once the team is a little more seasoned they will dominate D2.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 PM

Talking NFL found its way to Pueblo to see Thunderwolves' prospect

Since this is the off season I wont be post much in this thread. However, I saw this great article from the Denver Post about how scouts are coming to the university to look at the players and since this is such good news I had to post it.

This is from the Denver Post:

In the never-ending search for players, the NFL will chronicle height, weight, speed, game-day performance and character. Scouts will crisscross the nation measuring any and all things that will help solve the riddle of who will or won't make it.

CSU-Pueblo coach John Wristen, a former Colorado assistant and recruiting coordinator, said representatives from all 32 NFL teams visited campus this fall and that scouts from 11 teams saw Jensen play in person.

Read more: NFL found its way to Pueblo to see Thunderwolves' prospect - The Denver Post

Old 01-23-2013, 09:45 AM

Talking Bear of an opener for Pack

The 2013 season is out for CSU Pueblo and they play two hard games.

First they play at division 1 University of Northern Colorado - Greeley. I have heard that both schools want to start a in state rivalry between the universities. This is huge for Pueblo especially if we can beat a division 1 team. Second the Pueblo Chieftain is reporting that CSU Pueblo got invited to play at the Lone Star Conference at Cowboys stadium in Dallas. It would be for the second week of the season. If Pueblo can get victories there it would go a long way in helping the school get more national attention.

Here is the schedule from the Chieftain:

Sept. 7 at Northern Colorado
Sept. 14 TBA (Lone Star Conference Festival)

Sept. 21 Western N.M.
Sept. 28 at Adams State
Oct. 5 Fort Lewis
Oct. 12 at Chadron State
Oct. 19 Colorado Mines
Oct. 26 at Black Hills State
Nov. 2 Colorado Mesa
Nov. 9 at N.M. Highlands
Nov. 16 Western State

The link: Bear of an opener for Pack - Pueblo Chieftain: CSU-Pueblo Thunderwolves

Old 02-22-2013, 10:14 AM

Talking CSU-Pueblo's 2013 schedule officially released

The new schedule is officially out and it does include a game at Cowboys stadium.

Two things I like about it are:

1. CSU P plays a division 1 school (at UNC).
2. For the first time in school history they play at a NFL stadium! They will play Angelo State in an in-region battle at Cowboys Stadium in a Saturday night game as part of the Lone Star Conference Football Festival.

I like how CSU Pueblo continues to improve and I think they have a chance to win the title next season.

The official schedule:

September

Sat 7 at Northern Colorado 1:35 PM
Sat 14 vs. Angelo State (TX) @Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas (Lone Star Conference Football Festival) TBA
Sat 21 Western New Mexico * Red Out 2:00 PM
Sat 28 at Adams State * 6:00 PM

October

Sat 5 Fort Lewis * Homecoming 2:00 PM
Sat 12 at Chadron State * 12:00 PM
Sat 19 Colorado School of Mines * 1:00 PM
Sat 26 at Black Hills State (SD) * 1:00 PM

November

Sat 2 Colorado Mesa * 6:00 PM
Sat 9 at New Mexico Highlands * 2:00 PM
Sat 16 Western State * 5th Annual Hall of Fame Game 2:00 PM

Home games in bold.
*Conference Game
All games Mountain Time

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The link: CSU-Pueblo's 2013 schedule officially released, includes date at Cowboys Stadium | koaa.com | Colorado Springs | Pueblo |

Old 07-02-2013, 10:50 AM

Talking Pack leader is at home with peers

Since this has been the off season there has not been much to post about. However the annual Colorado Springs Sports Corp. College Football Kickoff Luncheon was held and CSU Pueblo is the only division 2 school invited. This is a feather in the cap for the football program so I thought I would post it here.

This is from the Pueblo Chieftain:

COLORADO SPRINGS — John Wristen looked calm and relaxed Wednesday in front of 350 football fans at a resort hotel near Cheyenne Mountain. Then again, playing to The Sports Corp. college football kickoff crowd is routine for the head coach at Colorado State University-Pueblo. Even his jokes worked.

See more at: The Pueblo Chieftain | Pack leader is at home with peers

Old 08-05-2013, 11:21 AM

Talking Pack picked to win third straight title

Some excellent news for Pueblo as the Pack are expected to with the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference again this year and make the national playoffs.

This is from CSU Pueblo:

CSU-Pueblo will claim its third straight Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference championship in 2013 according to the RMAC Preseason Coaches' Poll, which was released Monday.

The ThunderWolves received six of a possible 10 first-place votes - the other four going to fellow 2012 NCAA Division II playoff qualifier, Chadron State - after going 12-1 last season, winning its first ever NCAA Division II playoff game, and finishing sixth in the nation. The ThunderWolves were picked in the preseason top ten by both The Sporting News and Lindy's College Football Preview.

The link: Pack picked to win third straight title - Colorado State Pueblo

Old 08-16-2013, 07:18 PM

The Pueblo Chieftain is running articles on how CSU P is getting ready to play against division 1 school University of Northern Colorado at Greeley. This could a huge win for the program and really start the season off right. I will make the 3 hour drive and post my pictures of the game.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football