U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 PM

12,180 posts, read 21,020,142 times

Advertisements

It was defiantly not a sale out as the Thunderbowl holds over 12,000 people. However I would guesstimate there was about 7,000 people there. Not bad for a division 2 football game in only its 4th year back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Today starts the mid season for the Pack and more importantly the first of 3 games that will most likely determine if they win the RMAC and make it into the playoffs. They are playing at Chadron State and kick off is at 1:30. GOOD LUCK PACK!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:03 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,972,483 times
This is where CSU Pueblo will find out where they are at talent wise. The Nebraska clubs in the RMAC (Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference) aren't pushovers, particularly Nebraska/Kearney. I know Joe Rammuno (head coach at Colorado Mesa University) and a couple of his assistants and Mesa has always had trouble with them. For a long time one never gave a huge thought to athletics at the Colorado School of Mines. Those days are over.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-01-2011 at 12:24 PM..

Old 10-01-2011, 12:59 PM

^

Agreed. Pueblo can win but the question is will they show up and not make any mistakes that will cost them the game. Another thing to consider is the game at home against the School of Mines is Pueblo's first nationally televised game since they re-started football. If they can play good and win it will do a lot to help their image nationally in division 2.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:17 PM

Colorado State University - Pueblo beat Chadron State 38 to 28 to go 5 and 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was Chadron States homecoming game and they have not lost a homecoming game since 1997. Until now.

WAY TO GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!

Now the next game is Thursday @ the Thunderbowl against the Colorado School of Mines and it is a nationally televised game. I hope Pueblo shows up and brings it close to a sale out as it should have a playoff game atmosphere. I will be there and post my pictures

Old 10-02-2011, 02:03 PM

Talking Time to pack it in to see rolling ThunderWolves

I read where 3 of the top 15 teams in division 2 lost last weekend so it is likely CSU Pueblo will go up in the poll that is released tomorrow. The pack is currently ranked 14th in the nation but I am hoping they will go up to at least 12 maybe even 11. I will post the new poll tomorrow when it is out.

Also, there was a good editorial in the Chieftain about the importance of this weeks game especially since it is nationally televised. I agree with the editorial 100% so I thought I would post it here.

This is from the Chieftain:

Attending this football game, which will be televised nationally, could help the football team, the conference it plays in, the school and the city. Pueblo has a rare opportunity to showcase its passion and pride for big-time events. Its citizenry need take advantage. On TV, a full ThunderBowl will look more impressive than the half-house settings at Mile High Stadium.

The link: Time to pack it in to see rolling ThunderWolves - The Pueblo Chieftain: Local

Old 10-02-2011, 02:20 PM

10,910 posts, read 29,397,473 times
Default Article in today's Denver Post

CSU-Pueblo is enjoying a football renaissance with reborn ThunderWolves - The Denver Post

My favorite quotes is from Coach Wristen, he said, "Obviously, we'd love to have more scholarship money, and we'd love to have a lot of stuff, but I'm not smart enough to think that we can't do it."

Old 10-02-2011, 02:38 PM

Thanks for posting the article. I had not read it but its nice to see Denver recognize all the hard work Pueblo has done to bring back football.

As far as the Coach's comment on scholarships. I think he is referring to the limit the RMAC has that is more strict then division 2. That does not make sense to me? Why would the RMAC not have the same rules as division 2? They need to change that. If the RMAC does not want to change it then in time CSU Pueblo will have to consider a move to a league that allows the university to have more scholarships so the school has a better chance if winning national titles.

This is from the same article that talks about that:

Folda concedes that winning that national title would be a monumental accomplishment coming out of a 28-scholarship league. He said he has at least brought up the possibility at league meetings of the RMAC lifting the limit to the Division II maximum. The ThunderWolves haven't yet even hit the 28-scholarship level, but the flexibility to eventually get to 36 would be a crucial step.

I think that CSU Pueblo is already a top team in the RMAC and by the end of this decade they will be a power house in division 2 wining national championships. I don't want them to pull a UNC and jump to division 2 though and be a punching bag for the larger schools.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:48 PM

10,910 posts, read 29,397,473 times
The reason I like the quote wasn't about scholarship money.

I was liking that Coach was thinking of a National Championship in the near future is a real possibility and that he also believes he can do it.

I have an incoming freshman next year who really likes football.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:53 PM

^

Oh ok. I read it wrong.

If/ when CSU Pueblo wins a national title this town will go crazy. Winning a playoff game in Pueblo will be just as hard as wining a playoff game at Mile Hi in Denver. Then imagine if CSU Pueblo becomes a power house in division 2. People in Colorado already think Puebloans, including myself, have a very inflated opinion of our city, it will be even worse. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football