U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-28-2014, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Colorado
304 posts, read 257,500 times
Reputation: 742

Advertisements

The return of football to CSU-P has wedged a gap between the university and the community. It's indeed a viable topic. I had season tickets for the first four years, but can't swing it these days. I still go to a couple of games a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2014, 09:06 AM
 
922 posts, read 989,974 times
Reputation: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
If CSU Pueblo wins the national title Pueblo will go wild. Sporting wise it would be the biggest thing to have ever happened in Pueblo and southern Colorado including Colorado Springs.
Asides from Colorado College winning DI Hockey Championships in '50 and '57. DI Championships > DII Championships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,181 posts, read 21,028,262 times
Reputation: 4259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
The return of football to CSU-P has wedged a gap between the university and the community. It's indeed a viable topic. I had season tickets for the first four years, but can't swing it these days. I still go to a couple of games a year.
How has it wedged a gap? In my opinion it has done the exact opposite. When the team does good and makes it to the playoffs the entire city talks about it. In fact usually the team is not called CSU Pueblo but simply Pueblo meaning Pueblo's team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,181 posts, read 21,028,262 times
Reputation: 4259
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Asides from Colorado College winning DI Hockey Championships in '50 and '57. DI Championships > DII Championships.
Fair points. I forget about that as it happened before I lived and I do not follow hockey at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,181 posts, read 21,028,262 times
Reputation: 4259
One thing that has hurt CSU Pueblo has been a stricter scholarship limit in the RMAC compared to other D2 divisions. Well yesterday I heard that over the next few years the RMAC will lift that limit. That should help CSU Pueblo better compete on the national stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Colorado
304 posts, read 257,500 times
Reputation: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
How has it wedged a gap? In my opinion it has done the exact opposite. When the team does good and makes it to the playoffs the entire city talks about it. In fact usually the team is not called CSU Pueblo but simply Pueblo meaning Pueblo's team.
Wedging a gap is repairing a gap that once existed. Before there was football, as I'm sure you remember, CSU was called the concrete jail on the hill. It seemed far removed from the community. I have friends that are members of 'friends of football', I've been to other events on campus that I probably wouldn't have, if those changes hadn't been made. I've been to several basketball games, which are more fun than I remember, and also baseball games. I see people walking around the city with Thunderwolves gear on year round. That simply did not exist before 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,181 posts, read 21,028,262 times
Reputation: 4259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
Wedging a gap is repairing a gap that once existed. Before there was football, as I'm sure you remember, CSU was called the concrete jail on the hill. It seemed far removed from the community. I have friends that are members of 'friends of football', I've been to other events on campus that I probably wouldn't have, if those changes hadn't been made. I've been to several basketball games, which are more fun than I remember, and also baseball games. I see people walking around the city with Thunderwolves gear on year round. That simply did not exist before 2008.
My apologies as I miss understood you. I was at the fair late last night!

I agree with you 100%. I do not think that the university has ever been so well received in the city as it is now. For the first time in my life we are proud to say we have a university here and talk about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 07:58 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,582 posts, read 22,426,770 times
Reputation: 13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Asides from Colorado College winning DI Hockey Championships in '50 and '57. DI Championships > DII Championships.
Who gives a flip?

What impresses me about CSU-P is the coaching they have, the talent they're recruiting and the respect they're building for the RMAC in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,181 posts, read 21,028,262 times
Reputation: 4259
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
What impresses me about CSU-P is the coaching they have, the talent they're recruiting and the respect they're building for the RMAC in general.
Beating UNC last year really helped with recruiting and should continue to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2014, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,181 posts, read 21,028,262 times
Reputation: 4259
The 2014 football roster for CSU Pueblo:

2014 CSU-Pueblo Football Roster - Colorado State Pueblo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top