U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 AM

12,183 posts, read 21,053,928 times

Advertisements

Agreed one game at at time. As fans we can enjoy the win but the team needs to be preparing for the next game. I will say this is a much better team then last season in the playoffs. Our running back who was out last year is back this year and made many of the big plays last weekend and the quarterback who broke his thumb on his passing hand during the game and in my opinion why we lost is back and 100% and you can see it in the way he played last game. In my opinion Pueblo has the best chance they ever had to win the national title if they stay healthy.

Now today and tomorrow the polls come out. It will be interesting to see what they show but the number 1 team and defending champions did win again last weekend so Pueblo most likely will stay at number 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 11:09 PM

I wanted to wait a few days to see what the implications of this victory would be for Pueblo nationally before I posted. First as I suspected Pueblo stayed number 2 in the polls as the number 1 team won last weekend as well. However Pueblo did get some first place votes and they had not before this week. The biggest surprise came from national columnist Bob Eblen. He had a nice write up about the victory and what it means for Pueblo. For the first time he is upbeat about Pueblo not only going to the title game, in Kansas City, but winning it.

This is his column:

SHSU is not your run-of-the mill FCS program. The Bearkats have played in two of the last three FCS national championship games and until last Saturday owned a 23-game home winning streak. The way the Thunderwolves performed in this game is beyond impressive: They owned a 27-0 halftime lead, holding SHSU to one yard of offense in the first half. It was 40-7 in the fourth quarter before SHSU added two late touchdowns against the reserves. This wasn't a case of a team from a higher level overlooking someone and getting surprised, this was flat-out domination.

The link to his article: Bob Eblen - National Columnist

Also, Boulder had a article on why they should now support CSU Pueblo. Kind of surprised me to be honest.

But there's another Colorado team that we should be getting behind, not only because it might be the best football team in the state. Colorado State-Pueblo has six BoCo athletes in the program this year, and the ThunderWolves are making a push to be the No. 1-ranked team in Division II after its most impressive win in its young history this past weekend. CSU-Pueblo went on the road to a ranked FCS team and won — BY 26 POINTS! The ThunderWolves were too much for Sam Houston State, which was ranked 15th in the nation at that level, in a 47-21 beatdown. It broke a 23-game home winning streak for SHSU while extending a 39-game regular season win streak for CSUP.

The link: http://www.coloradohometownweekly.co...su-pueblo-boco

Also, and as expected, SHSU is going through some major withdrawals. The coach gave what I think is a bad press conference. He did not give Pueblo any credit even after they did not run up the score when it was 42-7 but instead put in second and third string payers. If anyone wants to see let me know and I can post it. Overall I think this win is good for the program and is a good early sign as to how they will do in the playoffs.

One last thing. Since Pueblo played a D1 school I could actually get the score from Siri, normally you can not do that for D2 games. I though it was funny what it said when I asked, especially since their mascot is a bearkat, so I screened shot it.

Last edited by Josseppie; 09-17-2014 at 11:47 PM..

Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 AM

14,603 posts, read 22,458,688 times
Maybe SHSU was so thoroughly beat up by LSU that they were tired and just had a bad game.

Maybe CSU-P will come crashing back down to earth by getting beat this weekend.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Maybe SHSU was so thoroughly beat up by LSU that they were tired and just had a bad game.

Maybe CSU-P will come crashing back down to earth by getting beat this weekend.
We will see. Something tells me Pueblo will win by a significant margin.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:16 AM

...if they don't spend the week celebrating.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
...if they don't spend the week celebrating.
True.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:06 PM

This was a very close game as Pueblo won by 26-23 and had to stop Western State on the last set of downs to keep the win. It looks like Western State came to play and Pueblo had a little bit of a let down after the win last weekend. However we got the W and that is what counts.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:31 PM

Whew. They almost blew the season there.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Whew. They almost blew the season there.
The season would not have been over but it would have made it more hard. As it stands they got the win and hopefully will learn from this. Yes they can lose.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:24 AM

305 posts, read 258,337 times
Conference loses are extremely difficult to overcome. If another team were to run the table and win the conference, it would be possible they might not make the playoffs if the T-wolves lose a conference game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football