Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 07:35 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times

Advertisements

Twolves win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
This.

CSU-P was overrated this season, just like last season, due to the relatively weak regular season schedule they have. They play maybe one or two difficult regular season opponents and then buff up their stats with a powderpuff schedule leading to them being overranked in the polls. Realistically, they should have been ranked 15-20 instead of 3. The RMAC is a weak football conference and CSU-P's lack of playoff wins is indicative of this. There's just not enough competition during the regular season to show CSU-P's true ability.

CSU-P either needs to shift conferences, which may be difficult due to the drag it would have on other sports (you'd probably see some elimination of other men's sports at CSU-P due to the finance burden), or find a way to get some additional difficult opponents during the regular season.
Yeah... this or they just need a little momentum.
Quote:
Or John Wristen leaves, CSU-P's luck streak runs out, and they sink back into mediocrity and another school rises to prominence in RMAC football and continue the tradition of losing in the first round (hey, maybe Wasted State will stage a comeback) I just don't see CSU-P having the staying power to become a powerhouse no matter how much the locals want it to. You've got the RMAC's desire to ensure parity by restricting scholarships as a major factor and also that CSU-P has lost it's underdog status and won't be viewed as a fly-through game (plus CSU-P is in Pueblo, which means it's predestined to dash the residents hopes again and again and again).

BTW, Minnesota Duluth had their clocks cleaned this last weekend by Wayne State. So, CSU-P lost to a team that than lost in the next round. (mod edit-one sentence deleted)

The MIAA does have a few football powerhouses, i.e. they don't lose in the first round of the playoffs year-after-year, such as Pitt State, Northwest Missouri, and a couple of other strong teams and it still seems like a desire for a more competitive, and recognized, athletic conference was a bigger draw than travel considerations for Nebraska-Kearney.

Hmmm...
Quote:
No, it's because they were overrated. The RMAC is a weak conference football wise and the powder-puff opponents that the teams face here are simply not a good gauge of a team's real ability. CSU-P should never have been ranked #1 pure and simple.

Nebraska-Kearny is switching conferences for this reason; to face more competitive opponents in the regular season in order to actually advance in the post-season.

Anyways, congratulations to CSU-P on a stellar season.
Hmmm...

Now the rest of the rmac can do a little coattail riding.
Quote:
^Ummm, I know that you don't actually follow football and are merely a local cheerleader with a narrow viewpoint, but there are two other college football teams in CO that have winning seasons:

...but realize that there are *gasp* other entities outside of the backwater 'burg called Pweeblo.
Hmmm, now that today is 12-13-14, it looks like the CSU-P Twolves will be playing their last game on the same day the Rams play Western Michigan State A&M... or whatever they're called, and the Zoomies, who landed a spot in the Spud/Smurf Bowl.

Think I'll watch the Thunderwolves myself.

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-13-2014 at 08:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 08:33 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
Csu p is going to the national championship!!!!! That is sooo cool for Pueblo. A first in city history. Great great game. I will post pictures later. I am now goung to the bar!

Old 12-15-2014, 08:48 PM

Talking Colorado State University P semi-final game video's

I got my new I Phone 6 plus just in time for the game so the video quality is a little better. Now the only problem is the person taking the video.

These clips are from what I think is the best football game ever played in Pueblo. Nothing but a defensive struggle with one trick play being the difference for Pueblo.

The team going on the field.

The extra point after the trick play gave Pueblo a touchdown and the lead of 10-7. It would end up being the final game score.

The final 4th down for West Georgia. The pass was incomplete and Pueblo won the game.

Pueblo is in victory formation and the clock runs to 0 and Pueblo won the first ever semi-final game they have been in.

Some of the festivities after the game on the field.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:45 PM

Some highlights of the game!

Old 12-17-2014, 06:27 PM

The CSU Pueblo football team just left for Kansas City. I was at the school then airport to wish them luck. Here are just a few pictures.

GOOD LUCK PACK!

Old 12-17-2014, 06:54 PM

Here is the speech the coach gave before they left.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:33 AM

Today is the big game and CSU Pueblo is 17.5 point underdogs. Just like when they played SHSU. I think Pueblo can win if they play their A+ game either way I am just glad they made it this far.

Kickoff is 2 on ESPN 2.

GOOD LUCK PACK!

Old 12-20-2014, 12:21 PM

It's good you're glad they just made it this far.

17.5 point dogs is pretty pathetic.

But... being as they're there, they might as well strap on a helmet and give it a go.

What do they got to lose, really? The game to be for sure, but how many RMAC teams have represented lately? Well... I see that Northern Colorado has won a couple... a millennium ago or so. But wait. Didn't CSU-Pueblo beat that team last time they played? And wasn't that team another D1 FCS team?

Yup. Go Pack.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:31 PM

Well looky here. 10-0 CSU Pueblo at the half. This could be fun.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:12 PM

Csu-p wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football