U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 10:50 PM

12,181 posts, read 21,031,288 times

Advertisements

So tomorrow is the celebration of champions. After everyone said Pueblo can't do it and looked down on the team even saying they were 17 point underdogs. Tomorrow will be our day to celebrate as one of only 9 teams currently in D2 out of 167 to win it all. This will be a fun day and one I will never forget!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 09:49 PM

Talking Celebration of Champions

Some pictures of the festivities:

Note: This is my football that I had signed.

This was a amazing event and one that I never thought I would see growing up in Pueblo. This makes me proud to be a Puebloan and as the Governor said in a video this was the biggest win ever in southern Colorado. Also, the Coach said this was the start of a dynasty and I think he is right.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:47 AM

14,583 posts, read 22,431,023 times
This is my favorite CSU-P vid;

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWxfzsiMqi4

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-25-2015 at 11:55 AM..

Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 AM

I am getting some videos up on youtube.

Here is me walking in the parade.

School song

The coach's speech

Walking out they picked the same song I had when the team won!

Old 01-29-2015, 06:34 PM

This was one of the videos shown at the celebration.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:17 PM

The team is already looking to next season and signed 30 people on national signing day including 3 quarterbacks.

This is from KOAA Pueblo Colorado Springs:

The spring 2015 census head count was 4,082 students, not including off-campus enrollment at area high schools and online graduate education courses, which totals more than 1,000 additional students.

- See more at: CSU-Pueblo numbers improve | The Pueblo Chieftain

Old 02-18-2015, 07:20 PM

I have found out that the RB coaching position has been filled by Sammy Sewell, as he has come back from McKendree to take over for his dad, that hire has already been announced. The positions not yet announced publically are the OC, TE coach, and OL coach. However I have heard that the OC and OL coaches are from Division I, FBS programs!

Could be another great year. Back to back national titles?

Old 02-24-2015, 06:37 PM

3 new coaches were announced today!

Jeff Hecklinski comes to CSU-Pueblo from University of Michigan (2011-14) and will serve as the new passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

Samuel Sewell has been named the new running backs coach and has replaced his father, Steve, who retired from the position in December. Sewell was a coach for the Pack from 2010-12 and most recently was the special teams coordinator and running backs coach at McKendree University.

Finally, Gordon Shaw brings 37 years of coaching experience to the ThunderWolves, mostly on the offensive and defensive lines, and will hold the title of run game coordinator and offensive line coach.

The link: Wristen adds three to ThunderWolves coaching staff - Colorado State Pueblo

I think its time we can start talking back to back national titles!

Old 03-12-2015, 05:23 PM

The 2015 season kicks for the national defending champions with the Pro Day set for March 30. Now the conversation can really get going on winning back to back national titles.

PUEBLO, Colo. (March 12, 2015) – Playing and winning on the grandest stage NCAA Division II football has to offer comes with some perks. Included is the exposure of a national audience watching and following the Colorado State University-Pueblo football program and its student-athletes.

For a group of 2014 seniors trying to make it to the next level, the game was a launching point from their successful collegiate careers to starting the process of extending their football playing days. Monday, March 30 will provide another opportunity for the former Pack athletes at the CSU-Pueblo Pro Day.

The event is set to begin at 11 a.m. at the Neta and Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl. The day provides an opportunity for draft-eligible players to participate in the timing and testing process for NFL scouting and front office personnel.

The link: CSU-Pueblo football Pro Day set for March 30; Spring Ball begins Friday - Colorado State Pueblo

Old 05-06-2015, 11:30 AM

Good news for some former CSU Pueblo football players as they have a chance to try out in the NFL. I wish them luck!

PUEBLO, Colo. (May 4, 2015) *– Two former Colorado State University-Pueblo football All-Americans took one step closer to their dreams of playing in the National Football League Saturday as Darius Allen (Pueblo, Colo.) and C.J. Roberts (Boynton Beach, Fla.) signed undrafed free agent contracts. Also, three more former Pack players garnered rookie mini-camp invitations over the weekend.

Allen signed as an outside linebacker with the Baltimore Ravens, while Roberts inked a deal as a defense back with the Arizona Cardinals. Both athletes will compete in their respective teams' rookie mini-camps, which start Friday.

Quarterback Chris Bonner (San Diego, Calif.) was invited to participate in the Carolina Panthers Rookie Mini-Camp May 8-9. Josh Bredl (Thornton, Colo.) started his CSU-Pueblo career as a tight end, but was moved to the defensive line where he played three seasons. He will participate in the Green Bay Packers Rookie Mini-Camp this weekend on the defensive line. Finally, Widefield, Colo. native Paul Browning will attend the Cleveland Browns Rookie Mini-Camp Friday as a wide receiver.

The link: Allen, Roberts sign UDFA contracts; Three former Pack players earn mini-camp invites - Colorado State Pueblo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football