U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:44 PM

12,183 posts, read 21,051,265 times

Advertisements

Colorado State University - Pueblo beat the Colorado School of Mines in convincing fashion with a score of 23 to 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This brings the Packs record to 6 and 0, 3 and 0 in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC). Now they have to sit back and watch the top 10 teams play this weekend and hope one loses as they are currently ranked 11th in the nation and if at least one team in the top 10 loses that would put the Pack in the top 10.

What a a great showing by the Pack for the national audience on CBS Sports. I was at the game and will post my pictures tomorrow.

I have the game on DVR and am watching it just because it's fun to see CSU Pueblo on national television. I am at half time and will watch the rest tomorrow but one thing I saw that was funny was the commentary at half time by the people in NYC. They said the big factor was the weather as it is windy and cold. Agreed it was very windy (gusts up to 65 MPH) but they went on to say that it is expected to get colder with snow and that could affect the game. Now yes it was cold (upper 50's) but no where near where it would have to be for snow. Typical NYC announcers think the game is in Colorado so there must be snow in the forecast.

Last edited by Josseppie; 10-06-2011 at 11:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 12:00 AM

14,600 posts, read 22,455,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Not that I would expect a graduate of CSU-P to actually be capable of such simple match and critical reasoning. There's a reason that the school has the lowest admission standards in the state.

But, good luck to CSU-P against CSM tonight. The future engineers and leaders versus the future car salesmen.
Hey Miner, my wife went to CSU-Pueblo. Try calling her a car salesman. She's a woman with a $90,000.00+ salary... in lowly Pueblo Colorado.

Stick that in your Miner pipe and schmoke it.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 AM

10,706 posts, read 11,116,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Typical NYC announcers think the game is in Colorado so there must be snow in the forecast.
Such is life for all west of...say...New Jersey! All media is biased toward the East Coast then the West Coast, with cities like Chicago and Dallas getting the occasional honorable mention. Roll with it, it is not going to change soon.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:41 AM

924 posts, read 992,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hey Miner, my wife went to CSU-Pueblo. Try calling her a car salesman. She's a woman with a $90,000.00+ salary... in lowly Pueblo Colorado.

Stick that in your Miner pipe and schmoke it.
Good to see that CSU-Pweeblo fulfills a continuing role in allowing the lowly residents of Pueblo an avenue out of the city and to better locations such as Peublo West. Just out of curiosity, would your wife be an employee of the great state of Colorado?

Congratulations to CSU-P on a very, very convincing victory. They'll go far this year (much to my chagrin).

Old 10-07-2011, 09:11 AM

20,923 posts, read 39,239,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hey Miner, my wife....with a $90,000.00+ salary...
Did I ever tell you just HOW lovely your wife is?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:20 AM

As promised here are some of my pictures of the game. According to the Chieftain there was 9,400 people at the game. Not as much as I would of like to have seen, the Thunderbowl holds over 12,000 people, but a nice showing on a cold and windy Thursday night.

Weather man Mike Daniels from KOAA 5 did the weather live from the Thunderbowl.

The start of the game. (My view from the President's box)

The start of the game. (My view from the President's box)

The Pack on the field.

The Pack on the field.

The final score!

After the game.

After the game.

Last edited by Josseppie; 10-07-2011 at 10:49 AM..

Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Such is life for all west of...say...New Jersey! All media is biased toward the East Coast then the West Coast, with cities like Chicago and Dallas getting the occasional honorable mention. Roll with it, it is not going to change soon.
I would say overall they were more then fair to the Pack talking about how they have come a long way in 4 years and are national title contenders. During the game they interviewed the former head coach of the CU Buffalo's Garry Barnette who was at the game and apparently is good friends the coach Wristen and comes down a lot to give the team his insight. They just don't know Colorado weather, especially Pueblo, and think since the mountains are getting 12- 18 inches of snow we must be going to get that as well. In Pueblo that is usually far from the truth, especially in early October.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Congratulations to CSU-P on a very, very convincing victory. They'll go far this year (much to my chagrin).
The big test will be Saturday October 15th as CSU Pueblo travels to Nebraska @ Kearney (UNK). UNK is currently ranked 4th in the nation and unbeaten. Granted they have to play Chadron at home this weekend, they are a good team, but if UNK can win it is likely two of the nations top 10 teams will be playing and the RMAC championship will be on the line as well as a possible birth into the playoffs.

One thing to keep in mind though. CSU Pueblo is the only college football team in Colorado to be unbeaten so far this season.

Last edited by Josseppie; 10-07-2011 at 11:31 AM..

Old 10-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Talking Game telecast brings 'priceless' exposure

One of the good results from last weeks nationally televised game, besides the win by the Pack, was the exposure it gave the university and the city of Pueblo. If CSU Pueblo can get a few of these a year it will really be a boon to the Pueblo region. Already Pueblo will get a national audience when CSU-Pueblo hosts the 2012 and 2013 national NCAA Division II track and field championships. What would really be nice would be a nationally televised playoff game in Pueblo. First off it would give the Pack home field advantage and second it would be even more exposure for the university and city. This is just another reason why I always say the University is the best thing to happen to Pueblo in my generation.

This is from the Chieftain:

Another person who watched the telecast with special interest was Rod Slyhoff, president of the Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce. He gave the broadcast two thumbs up. "I thought it was great coverage for Pueblo," Slyhoff said. "Being the chamber of commerce guy, I wanted perfect weather and not the cold temperatures. But I thought they did a great job. "They mentioned Pueblo throughout the telecast, all the time actually. We just don't have that kind of budget to buy that kind of exposure."

The link: Game telecast brings 'priceless' exposure - The Pueblo Chieftain: Local

Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 PM

I just read where # 4 University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) beat Chadron State 20 to 10. That means next weekend's game will most likely be the most important of the season for Pueblo. My guess is the winner of next weeks game in Kearney will be the winner of the RMAC. Now I do not know how the playoffs work in division 2 but my guess is the winner of the game will also be more likely to make the playoffs and represent the RMAC. When the new poll comes out Monday I will see if Pueblo or UNK went up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football