U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2017, 11:18 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,586 posts, read 22,431,023 times
Reputation: 13875

Advertisements

Now that they're back from the shame of last season, it's good to see them make the playoffs this season and rebound with an 9-2 season.

Sounds like a tough draw but with a team that's been to the playoffs maybe 6 out of the last 7 seasons, great coaching and a recent national championship, they got a fighters chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2017, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,183 posts, read 21,031,288 times
Reputation: 4259
I found out that Pueblo got on by earned access so that every conference can have a team in the playoffs. Also no team in by earned access has ever won a playoff game. Hopefully Pueblo can end that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2017, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,183 posts, read 21,031,288 times
Reputation: 4259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Good!

I hope they do well in the playoffs.

You're their #1 Fan, Josseppie!

Keep up the good work, and best wishes!
Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2017, 07:47 PM
 
16,528 posts, read 20,983,579 times
Reputation: 47985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Good!

I hope they do well in the playoffs.

You're their #1 Fan, Josseppie!

Keep up the good work, and best wishes!
It actually is a good thing to have threads from the smaller schools, particularly from the RMAC schools!
While the RMAC schools aren't football factories, most if not all the schools have sent a player to the NFL. Here are a few examples:

Lionel Taylor--went to New Mexico Highlands Univ. Based out of Las Vegas, New Mexico. was the first player to catch 100 passes in an NFL season (1961) was a 5 time all AFL player, played from 1960-1968. Was an original Denver Bronco and also played for the Chicago Bears in 1959. I got to meet Taylor years ago through a Bronco fan club function decades ago. Super good guy!

Tony Martin--went to Mesa College. Based out of Grand Junction, Colo. drafted by the NY Jets in 1989, played for 13 seasons with several NFL clubs, had his best years with the San Diego Chargers.

Don Cockroft--went to Adams State College in Alamosa. Drafted by Cleveland in 1968, third round. Was a punter and placekicker. As a place kicker, he had some big shoes to fill to replace one of the greatest players in the history of the Browns franchise--Lou Groza. Played for 13 seasons for the Browns.

Herman Heard--went to CSU-Pueblo. At the time he played, the school formerly was known as Southern Colorado State College. Was drafted in the 3rd round by Kansas City in 1984, was an all purpose running back from 1984 to 1990.

Frank Grant--went to Southern Colorado state College. A low round pick by the Washington Redskins, started for them for seven seasons and finished his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

There's quite a bit more but this is good for a starter list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2017, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,183 posts, read 21,031,288 times
Reputation: 4259
Good article by the Denver post:

Some basic stats on the playoff game this weekend. It will be online or fox sprots 1350 (iheart radio).

NCAA Division II playoffs

Who: CSU-Pueblo vs. Minnesota State

What: First-round playoff game

When: Saturday, 11 a.m. MST

Where: Blakeslee Stadium, Mankato. Minn.


As a homer I liked this part:

“The past five years, the program’s built a tradition of winning, and a lot of guys from around here, if they want to win, come to CSU-Pueblo,” Feenstra said. “That’s definitely a big lure for recruits around the state, and will continue to be so long as we keep it up.”

And as the ThunderWolves look to build upon the legacy of a program that was only founded nine years ago, they’ll continue leaning upon the team-first mentality that’s enabled CSU-Pueblo to become one of the most consistent Division II squads in the nation.

The link: CSU-Pueblo eager to add to program legacy as NCAA Division II playoffs begin this weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,183 posts, read 21,031,288 times
Reputation: 4259
Today is gameday as the Pack take on #1 Mankato in the first round of the playoffs. Kickoff is at 11. Win or lose I will post a final score.

Good luck Pack!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,183 posts, read 21,031,288 times
Reputation: 4259
The Pack lost a close but heartbreaking game in overtime 16-13. Good season however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 09:02 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,586 posts, read 22,431,023 times
Reputation: 13875
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
It actually is a good thing to have threads from the smaller schools, particularly from the RMAC schools!
While the RMAC schools aren't football factories, most if not all the schools have sent a player to the NFL. Here are a few examples:

Lionel Taylor--went to New Mexico Highlands Univ. Based out of Las Vegas, New Mexico. was the first player to catch 100 passes in an NFL season (1961) was a 5 time all AFL player, played from 1960-1968. Was an original Denver Bronco and also played for the Chicago Bears in 1959. I got to meet Taylor years ago through a Bronco fan club function decades ago. Super good guy!

Tony Martin--went to Mesa College. Based out of Grand Junction, Colo. drafted by the NY Jets in 1989, played for 13 seasons with several NFL clubs, had his best years with the San Diego Chargers.

Don Cockroft--went to Adams State College in Alamosa. Drafted by Cleveland in 1968, third round. Was a punter and placekicker. As a place kicker, he had some big shoes to fill to replace one of the greatest players in the history of the Browns franchise--Lou Groza. Played for 13 seasons for the Browns.

Herman Heard--went to CSU-Pueblo. At the time he played, the school formerly was known as Southern Colorado State College. Was drafted in the 3rd round by Kansas City in 1984, was an all purpose running back from 1984 to 1990.

Frank Grant--went to Southern Colorado state College. A low round pick by the Washington Redskins, started for them for seven seasons and finished his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

There's quite a bit more but this is good for a starter list!
Nice list H, thanks.

CSU Pueblo blew their chance on this game by not being able to punch it in from about 8 yards out near the end and heard there was a mindless roughing the passer penalty that could have been the difference.

But it sounds like they are planning on being a team that will threaten next season. Last season didn't end so well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2018, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,183 posts, read 21,031,288 times
Reputation: 4259
Pueblo has won its first 2 games last night against Chadron 34-13 in a very promising start to the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2018, 08:52 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,128,635 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Pueblo has won its first 2 games last night against Chadron 34-13 in a very promising start to the season.
Cool!

Hey, Josseppie, here's hoping the Thunderwolves do very well this season! You've always been an exceptional FANatic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top