U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2011, 05:20 PM

14,583 posts, read 22,431,023 times

Advertisements

Well you could see CSU-PUEBLO on every red jersey throughout the game... so the five of us that watched the game on the tube saw that.

I like that their names weren't plastered on the back of their jerseys. I got a feelin' the Pack better start eatin' their potatoes for this next game.

I love it when visitors to our town call it Poowayblah. It should be called pee-ebb-lo, pleblo, or just Pueblo. Or just forget it and call it town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 PM

12,182 posts, read 21,031,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well you could see CSU-PUEBLO on every red jersey throughout the game... so the five of us that watched the game on the tube saw that.

I like that their names weren't plastered on the back of their jerseys. I got a feelin' the Pack better start eatin' their potatoes for this next game.

I love it when visitors to our town call it Poowayblah. It should be called pee-ebb-lo, pleblo, or just Pueblo. Or just forget it and call it town.
Looking at the scoring it looks like UNK did not beat Chadron State by as much as the score might indicate. Even in the third quarter it was still anybody's game. Since CSU Pueblo beat Chadron I think that if CSU Pueblo plays a solid game they have a very good chance to win and prove they are a top 10 team and maybe even a top 5 team.

As far as people not being able to pronounce Pueblo. I don't think its that hard but anymore just find it amusing.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:11 PM

Srsly though... they can pronounce it however they want.

People like you are excited they're even thinking about it.

Now... I wouldn't place too much credence on the common opponent factor. More and more now, they're gonna start showing up on their opponents' radar.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:08 PM

^

LOL this is true. As long as I hear Pueblo on tv I am happy.

I did look up all the teams in the top 10 and no one lost. So I think the ranking will stay the same and going into the game UNK will be ranked 4th in the nation and CSU Pueblo will be ranked 11th.

You have a point as reading what the papers around UNK are talking about proves that they think this is going to be a important game. Two unbeaten teams going at it both ranked in the top 15. I wish it was in Pueblo because that is going to be one fun game to watch.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:34 AM

The new poll is out and as I predicted CSU Pueblo and UNK did not move up. So next weeks game will be against 11th ranked CSU Pueblo at 4th ranked UNK. To be honest I think Pueblo has a good chance of winning. Kick off is at noon mountain time.

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to the poll: Five New Teams Enter Division II Coaches' Top 25 Poll

Old 10-12-2011, 04:29 PM

Question Home field advantage

Kearney is already talking about the game this weekend. The article was short but very informative as I learned a lot about how the playoffs work in division 2.

First the article from the Kearney Hub:

UNK and CSUP are 6-0, and the winner of Saturday’s game will be in the driver’s seat to win the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference title and a chance at claiming one of the top two playoff spots in Super Region 3. In Division II, 24-teams make the playoffs, six from each of four regions. The top two teams in each region receive a first-round bye on Nov. 19, then play host to a second-round game Nov. 26.

The link: SPORTS ROUNDUP - Kearney Hub: Local

This is really interesting. So Pueblo has a chance to be one of the top 2 teams in region 3 and get a bye in the first week and have a home game the second week. This is very important as the Pack are very tough at home. Plus it would be fun to have a playoff game at the Thunderbowl, especially in a year when no other football team in Colorado (college or the Broncos) are doing good. Plus I have a feeling it would be sold out with over 12,000 people as this would be the biggest football game in Pueblo in my lifetime. That makes this game in Kearney VERY VERY important because not only does a win mean Pueblo would most likely win the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) but it has home field advantage implications for the playoffs.

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 PM

7 posts, read 8,695 times
Josseppie you really love this team dont you? How long have you lived in the Pueblo area?

Oh and good luck to CSUP !

Old 10-12-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXM1 View Post
Josseppie you really love this team dont you? How long have you lived in the Pueblo area?

Oh and good luck to CSUP !
I am a 4th generation Puebloan.

Yes I really love the team a lot and growing up I never thought Pueblo would ever have a team that would have a chance to win a national championship. I thought that would only happen to Denver or Boulder. So now that Pueblo has a chance to win a national championship (I think its a matter of "when" not "if") plus have a home playoff game that could be nationally televised I am super excited. I know this city and it will have the same kind of atmosphere as Denver when the Broncos are in the playoffs and when they won the Superbowl.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:38 PM

27-14... How about them Thunderwolves?

This is like the only team in all of sports that I could/should root for that's actually winning. Hard not to get behind this team.

Wow! They just beat #4!

AC/DC - Thunderstruck (Live At Donington) HD - YouTube

Old 10-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Talking CSU Pueblo won

11th ranked Colorado State University - Pueblo beat 4th ranked UNK 27 to 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure that means the Pack will be a top 10 team in the nation come Monday. More importantly they are now in the drivers seat to not only win the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) but get a bye in the first round of the playoffs and host the second at the Thunderbowl.

CONGRATS PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Mcgowdog I think we posted at the same time lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football