U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-09-2011, 02:30 PM
 
366 posts, read 675,398 times
Reputation: 467

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
They should read the 23 page grand jury document... It's disgusting.
"...the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home where he reported what he had seen."

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf

The graduate assistant witnessed Jerry Sadusky having anal sex with a ten year old boy around 10PM on a Saturday night in the Lasch Football Building on the University Park campus.

 
Old 11-09-2011, 02:42 PM
 
2,017 posts, read 4,969,810 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiansheng_g View Post
"...the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home where he reported what he had seen."

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf

The graduate assistant witnessed Jerry Sadusky having anal sex with a ten year old boy around 10PM on a Saturday night in the Lasch Football Building on the University Park campus.
I think-- as what another friend of mine said-- what disturbed me most-- is that the graduate student heard.. slapping noises.

Slapping noises with that kind of sexual assault on a 10 year old child.

I can only hope the prison system teaches Sadusky and others like him brutally their own method of nonconsensual sex.
 
Old 11-09-2011, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,552,037 times
Reputation: 12484
As I listen to reports today, letting Paterno stay and retire at the end of the season is wrong, too.

Having worked in a corporate environment for over 30 yrs., knowing there are more than one set of rules sometimes, it can be all about image. However, crossing the line in such a serious, disgusting manner I'm sorry but heck with image or consequences, get it handled and go to proper authorities.
 
Old 11-09-2011, 04:15 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,670,932 times
Reputation: 32348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think there should and will be a house cleaning at PSU. Coach, AD maybe President and some of the board.
Absolutely.
 
Old 11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
 
Location: right here
4,131 posts, read 4,779,740 times
Reputation: 4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
As I listen to reports today, letting Paterno stay and retire at the end of the season is wrong, too.

Having worked in a corporate environment for over 30 yrs., knowing there are more than one set of rules sometimes, it can be all about image. However, crossing the line in such a serious, disgusting manner I'm sorry but heck with image or consequences, get it handled and go to proper authorities.
Why am I the only one that thinks Joe did the right thing? He told his supervisors and they told him they would take care of it-and they didn't-when you work for a school or police/fire they have a different set of code of conduct I'm sure Joe believes he should have called the police but let's look at this with our brains not our emotions-no one is asking why didn't the graduate student call the cops? which he works for the football team now....
I'm sorry but the athletic director, the vice president and the janitor supervisor are all to blame-Joe didn't try and cover it up...we will never know ( or maybe we will) what was said in the meeting between the three of them..."no worries Joe we will call the authorities/campus police" and they did nothing...

Ruining a man's career because people believe he didn't do enough??? He did what he thought was right-he didn't brush it under the rug-he did exactly what the code of conduct stated-if anything the code of conduct should be rewritten because it clearly failed these children-
 
Old 11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Ohio
904 posts, read 1,635,581 times
Reputation: 1164
I agree 100% with everyone's thoughts thus far, especially today's news that Paterno's going to retire AFTER the season. SERIOUSLY?? Good job Penn State for being pretty obvious on making his legacy and coaching streak continue for a few more games than doing the right thing and getting him the hell out of there. He's ran his course and the university needs to get the press back on their side starting NOW by telling him sorry Joe, it's time to move on. It's being reported he may be fired anyways before Saturday, and I surely hope so. Like someone else stated in this thread, the university needs to clean house and start all over starting from the top, and the process should start now.

I'm also sick at the fact that students are doing support rally's for this guy. Why? Support for what? The man is in the indictment of knowing things went on and even said he did things wrong. Why support this man? I love sports, but people need to stop putting this man and his legacy and any recruiting concerns aside and focus on the human lives that were affected and will be affected for the rest of their lives. I hate to say this, but people wonder why other countries hate the American society. A perfect example is the support rallies being done for a man who brushed away a sick act as if it was nothing and people putting his legacy above all else.

Last edited by gobucks86; 11-09-2011 at 05:05 PM..
 
Old 11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
 
235 posts, read 448,919 times
Reputation: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Why am I the only one that thinks Joe did the right thing? He told his supervisors and they told him they would take care of it-and they didn't-when you work for a school or police/fire they have a different set of code of conduct I'm sure Joe believes he should have called the police but let's look at this with our brains not our emotions-no one is asking why didn't the graduate student call the cops? which he works for the football team now....
I'm sorry but the athletic director, the vice president and the janitor supervisor are all to blame-Joe didn't try and cover it up...we will never know ( or maybe we will) what was said in the meeting between the three of them..."no worries Joe we will call the authorities/campus police" and they did nothing...

Ruining a man's career because people believe he didn't do enough??? He did what he thought was right-he didn't brush it under the rug-he did exactly what the code of conduct stated-if anything the code of conduct should be rewritten because it clearly failed these children-
I absolutely think the grad student should be put in prison as well. HORRIBLE. He witnessed a child being raped and turned around and walked away. How he's been able to live with himself since that day is unbelievable to me....and on top of it work for the people who did nothing when he did tell them. He should have immediately saved that child and called the police.

Secondly, sorry but I call complete BS about JoePa thinking he did the "right" thing. Even if he followed the code of conduct he OBVIOUSLY knew NOTHING was done about it after telling the chain of command. Sorry, he has no excuse for not pushing the issue with the University or calling the cops himself BULL! A child was RAPED. A child! He may not have covered it up but I don't believe for one second he didn't know the issue was more serious and chose to do nothing about it when he saw no one else was taking it seriously.
 
Old 11-09-2011, 05:48 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 39,782,292 times
Reputation: 16147
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Why am I the only one that thinks Joe did the right thing? He told his supervisors and they told him they would take care of it-and they didn't-when you work for a school or police/fire they have a different set of code of conduct I'm sure Joe believes he should have called the police but let's look at this with our brains not our emotions-no one is asking why didn't the graduate student call the cops? which he works for the football team now....
I'm sorry but the athletic director, the vice president and the janitor supervisor are all to blame-Joe didn't try and cover it up...we will never know ( or maybe we will) what was said in the meeting between the three of them..."no worries Joe we will call the authorities/campus police" and they did nothing...

Ruining a man's career because people believe he didn't do enough??? He did what he thought was right-he didn't brush it under the rug-he did exactly what the code of conduct stated-if anything the code of conduct should be rewritten because it clearly failed these children-
Why are you the only one? My only guess is that you must have a completely different set of morals and ethics than the rest of us.
 
Old 11-09-2011, 05:50 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 39,782,292 times
Reputation: 16147
How about the grad student's dad who knew about it that night? Didn't he wonder why his son was never questioned by the police about it? He should have called the cops himself after it became obvious they weren't informed.

Both him and his son were too worried about his son's career to do the right thing.
 
Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
13,784 posts, read 23,813,363 times
Reputation: 6195
When an incident like this is first reported, and you subsequently repeatedly have the assumed perpetrator on campus, this is tough to rationalize.

No way Paterno (who I greatly admired) makes it to the Nebraska game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top