U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 04:05 AM

4,131 posts, read 4,782,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Why are you the only one? My only guess is that you must have a completely different set of morals and ethics than the rest of us.
Really? And I'm sure you like Michael Vick though right????

How about the grad student that works for Sardusky's charity?? The same grad student that witnessed the rape? I'm sure you see nothing wrong with that?

Old 11-10-2011, 05:14 AM

4,850 posts, read 6,369,384 times
Joe Pa is a disgrace. Child abuse should never be covered up.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:24 AM

2,017 posts, read 4,972,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Looks like a riot is brewing on campus. These kids are going to feel a whole lot different when they have kids of their own.
Completely agree with this manderly!

Or these kids themselves should read the Grand Jury report and see for themselves what a monster their school has been harboring and protecting.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:56 AM

5,339 posts, read 8,045,846 times
Remember how everyone got so worked up about tattoos last year?? Seems silly now, doesn't it?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:09 AM

12,273 posts, read 11,333,803 times
Justice is beginning. Imagine a 25 year old young man sitting in his LR with his family having been screwed from behind in a shower when he was 10 years old. What does he think? He thanks God and Men that they are taking action. Fired. Not "retiring at the season's end". But OUT. He feels like someone in the known universe thinks that the assault was wrong. He feels stronger and breathes a little deeper.

These "men" who sat by and watched this f'ing predator take these boys one by one and rape sodomize and toss them away is a monster. His other face of a pleasant coach who wins games is somehow entwined with his real face. Thanks DA of PA. Thanks Board of Trustees. Your action resonates.

"Evil prospers when good men do nothing"

Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 AM

1,065 posts, read 982,133 times
I have some Questions .

Other than 2nd hand information , from another coach , who didn't call 911 is there some fact based information , that I do not see that tells us Paterno knew that children were being violated ?

This Coach Paterno ( I am not a collage football fan ) is a coach of grown men ( students over 18 ) Where did the little kids come from ?

What is the relationship between the young children and Paterno ? Did the parents trust Paterno with the welfare of small children ?

How is this Paternos fault ?
Why does all of this come down on him ?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:31 AM

There are state laws which mandate reporting of abuse. In addition any person who sees or knows of a crime being committed has a moral responsibility to report it. Little Joe was told directly that Sandusky was seen raping young boys. He reported it to the Athletic director who upon being questioned about it lied to the police. He has been charged with perjury and failing to report a crime. Joe had set the standards for "honor" in his students. His failing is remarkable and potentially criminal.

Sandusky like many serial pedofiles started a foundation to help young boys. The victims came from these students. In the most telling of all, he brought these boys to the showers at PA State in full view of others and raped them. And nobody did nuthin'. Does that answer your questions?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:31 AM

235 posts, read 449,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I have some Questions .

Other than 2nd hand information , from another coach , who didn't call 911 is there some fact based information , that I do not see that tells us Paterno knew that children were being violated ? He called the university AD and VP (and not the police) to report the abuse after the GA told him about it. This is in the Grand Jury report. He is now claiming he didn't know the extent of the abuse, but hasn't denied he knew there was abuse.

This Coach Paterno ( I am not a collage football fan ) is a coach of grown men ( students over 18 ) Where did the little kids come from ? There was a children's charity camp that had access to the athletics fields/locker rooms called The Second Mile. This was Jerry Sandusky's charity and this is where he targeted the children.

What is the relationship between the young children and Paterno ? Did the parents trust Paterno with the welfare of small children ? I don't know that Paterno knew the kids personally but he knew that children had access to Penn St. athletics and that Sandusky was involved w/ the charity and bring kids around to the university.

How is this Paternos fault ?
Why does all of this come down on him ? He failed to call police when he was informed a child was raped by a former member of his staff who was fired for alleged child abuse in the Penn St. locker room. He claims he followed the chain of command by law (telling the university) but never pressed the issue when nothing was done. He may not have broken the law (remains to be seen) but he allowed a known child molestor to continue targeting innocent children for years. It doesn't all come down on him alone...there are so many others that did/will lose their jobs over this and possibly face criminal charges.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:41 AM

92 posts, read 414,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. Penn State trustees choose Rodney Erickson as interim president, Tom Bradley interim coach.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.

What a crock of shhhhhhhh, they're just switching the same personnel around, they need to get rid of all tenured employees that were directly associated and/or involved with with the likes of Joe and Co. during the Pedophile State University period in question.
This is why I say the death penalty would actually be doing the school a favor. This is unprecedented the reach of involvement that has occurred here. When has a University President, VP, AD, (longest-tenured) head coach been axed? Never, such a circumstance warrants serious sanctions which would force the university to obliterate whoever is there and start completely over.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:48 AM

The catholic church turned it's properties into molestation training colleges. Death penalty? You betcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football