U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2011, 12:20 PM

4,821 posts, read 3,019,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Just so we are clear. If ANYONE sees someone abusing (hitting, molesting sexually, throwing, pulling hair and/or harming in any way do the following.

1. Disable the abuser. Get help if needed.
2. Protect and comfort the child.
3. Call the police.

If the child's life is in danger it's ok to really disable the attacker.

Any questions?
Here in Texas it is legal to shoot a rapist caught raping anybody.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:21 PM

3,574 posts, read 4,356,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Latest allegations (rumors) are that Sandusky was pimping out kids to rich donors. It is being investigated by more than one journalist as I type.

“There is a rumor … Jerry Sandusky and The Second Mile were ‘pimping out’ kids to rich donors,” Madden said on WEEI-AM.

Allegation: Sandusky “Pimped Out” Kids (http://phillysportsdaily.com/college/2011/11/10/allegation-sandusky-pimped-out-kids/ - broken link)

Here is an article the same guy wrote in April of this year;

Madden: Sandusky a State secret - Timesonline.com: Mark Madden:

Pretty accurate for being written 7 months ago. We've only seen the tip of the iceburg.

Jerry Sandusky Rumored to Have Been 'Pimping Out Young Boys to Rich Donors,' Says Mark Madden - College Football - NESN.com

"The other thing I think that may eventually become uncovered, and I talked about this in my original article back in April, is that I think they'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told that he had to retire in exchange for a cover-up," Madden said. "If you look at the timeline, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
WOW... I can NOT believe this!! It makes alot of sense now... Thanks for the links.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:28 PM

5,285 posts, read 3,850,633 times
My god, this just keeps getting more and more disgusting.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:29 PM

53 posts, read 42,126 times
Thumbs up Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Latest allegations (rumors) are that Sandusky was pimping out kids to rich donors. It is being investigated by more than one journalist as I type.

“There is a rumor … Jerry Sandusky and The Second Mile were ‘pimping out’ kids to rich donors,” Madden said on WEEI-AM.

Allegation: Sandusky “Pimped Out” Kids (http://phillysportsdaily.com/college/2011/11/10/allegation-sandusky-pimped-out-kids/ - broken link)

Here is an article the same guy wrote in April of this year;

Madden: Sandusky a State secret - Timesonline.com: Mark Madden:

Pretty accurate for being written 7 months ago. We've only seen the tip of the iceburg.

Jerry Sandusky Rumored to Have Been 'Pimping Out Young Boys to Rich Donors,' Says Mark Madden - College Football - NESN.com

"The other thing I think that may eventually become uncovered, and I talked about this in my original article back in April, is that I think they'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told that he had to retire in exchange for a cover-up," Madden said. "If you look at the timeline, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
MSM - Thank you so much for this post & links. Thank you.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:41 PM

418 posts, read 147,251 times
It's truly abhorrent. The sad part is that there are only 8 witnesses, who knows how many countless children this man molested and raped.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:05 PM

505 posts, read 248,265 times
The punishment does not fit the crime!!!!

They fire paterno (a slap on the wrist, this guy is on borrowed time, he should be criminally charged).

They fire the President (another slap on the wrist, he should be charged as well, as he had a legal obligation to report the abuse to the proper authorities)

Mcqueeary is set to coach, whereas should be fired as well; the two bozos Schulz and Curly casually step down; Sadistic gets $100k bail and he's walking around like nothing.

Same university personnel gets switched around and it's business as usual, heck, it just does not make sense, there's a huge cover up, hence, everyone and anyone involved must and should GO!

Old 11-10-2011, 01:15 PM

21,036 posts, read 11,546,905 times
One thing I've been wondering about. What kind of atmosphere was there in the locker rooms that this coach could take a young boy into the showers and even think of doing it there? He must have felt pretty dang comfortable.

And McQueary shouldn't be out on the field Saturday. No way. He could have stopped a child rape. I'd be ashamed to show my face in public.

And to the students who rioted: Grow up and put all the energy into something productive. Like stopping child abuse. News flash: The victims are more important than Joe Paterno. If you want to protest something I'd urge you to protest the culture of corruption which just might be permeating your university.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-10-2011 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: One more thought

Old 11-10-2011, 01:18 PM

17,580 posts, read 19,115,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And McQueary shouldn't be out on the field Saturday. No way. He could have stopped a child rape. I'd be ashamed to show my face in public.
Totally agree. I don't understand why he hasn't been fired.

By all accounts Sandusky was a regular visitor to the campus and the locker room over the last 8 years. What did McQueary think every time he saw him? Did he shake his hand? Give him a big hello? Or just walk away and pretend he didn't see him?

Old 11-10-2011, 01:20 PM

4,508 posts, read 6,029,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Totally agree. I don't understand why he hasn't been fired.

By all accounts Sandusky was a regular visitor to the campus and the locker room over the last 8 years. What did McQueary think every time he saw him? Did he shake his hand? Give him a big hello? Or just walk away and pretend he didn't see him?

This really perplexes me as well.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:23 PM

12,360 posts, read 7,776,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'll say this. Paterno built the Penn State football program. he built the stadium. he built much of Penn State University. he was loved by the fans. He was loved by his team. He made the team a leader in academic achievement among players and made it excel in ethics and deportment, at kleats up until the very last few years. But all that was thrown away by his not going further in exposing and stopping this abomination that was going on under his nose. BUT... he was not among those involved. And there may have been a legal cover up he was not aware of. Maybe he loved his program too much and couldn't see the necessity to see it tainted. That was wrong. Maybe he was getting senile. He did the wrong thing but there is a limit to what you can hold him accountable for.
But with all he's done and considering he wasn't involved and did at least do something, it was stupid on the part of the board of trustees to fire him like that. They should have fired him if he wouldn't voluntarily and immediately step down, but they should have given him the chance to step down and to reach out to the students who supported him. They could have avoided this riot and the further tarnishment of Penn State. I think the trustees should be the next to step down, they've shown they have poor judgement as much as anyone.
actually i agreed with this when i first heard about it.

there is nobody that knows less about this story than me but i have to say that as it develops further it seems that everybody knew more than they let on.

i mean if they had to pull a "special ice cream" off the shelves, there is something terribly wrong here.

what i don't understand (and perhaps someone can help me out with this) is how this was reported? didn't some of the victims' families know what was going on-why didn't they call the police in? were there settlements involved?

i think there need to be some prosecutions in light of what is coming out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football