U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 03:17 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,375,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
The punishment does not fit the crime!!!!

They fire paterno (a slap on the wrist, this guy is on borrowed time, he should be criminally charged).

They fire the President (another slap on the wrist, he should be charged as well, as he had a legal obligation to report the abuse to the proper authorities)

Mcqueeary is set to coach, whereas should be fired as well; the two bozos Schulz and Curly casually step down; Sadistic gets $100k bail and he's walking around like nothing.

Same university personnel gets switched around and it's business as usual, heck, it just does not make sense, there's a huge cover up, hence, everyone and anyone involved must and should GO!
^This. Exactly.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:36 PM

53 posts, read 73,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A "lapse in judgement" is eating a dish of prunes before you get out onto the highway.

This was a heck of a lot more than a lapse in judgement.

You might want to buckle up because it appears things are going to get a whole lot worse for JoePa and the university.
Just learned of this DA Ray Gricar story; how his disappearance coincided w/his refusal to prosecute Sandusky. Also odd how he was just legally declared dead this past July 2011 after a April 2005 disappearance. Looks for sure like it's getting worse.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:45 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,157,236 times
okay, i am trying to follow this a little. if the mother knew back then, why wasn't there a prosecution?

De Boef said Gricar did not share any information with him about the case in 1998, which involved Sandusky allegedly showering with an 11-year-old boy. Gricar, he said, reviewed the police reports in private including, presumably, notes or recordings of two conversations that the police heard between Sandusky and the boy’s mother.

it certainly is appearing that there has been a long cover-up for sandusky's behavior and plenty of people knew about it.

Shame, shame, shame on all of them.

they could have stopped it from happening to other boys, yet they did not.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:57 PM

366 posts, read 676,274 times
You ain't seen nothing yet!
Here's how Penn State must fix its football culture - ESPN

Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
okay, i am trying to follow this a little. if the mother knew back then, why wasn't there a prosecution?

De Boef said Gricar did not share any information with him about the case in 1998, which involved Sandusky allegedly showering with an 11-year-old boy. Gricar, he said, reviewed the police reports in private including, presumably, notes or recordings of two conversations that the police heard between Sandusky and the boy’s mother.

it certainly is appearing that there has been a long cover-up for sandusky's behavior and plenty of people knew about it.

Shame, shame, shame on all of them.

they could have stopped it from happening to other boys, yet they did not.
You are right; they chose to look the other way. They compounded the non-ending emotional pain for these victims. To betray anyone is a disgrace, but to betray an innocent child is beyond heinous. Children rightfully depend on adults to step up for them, and no one did. I may not recall what I had for breakfast, but after 50 years I still vividly recall the absolute horror of being betrayed by someone who was supposed to protect you. Repeated daily merciless beatings are way too good for all involved. What an absolute shame & disgrace.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiansheng_g View Post
xiansheng - Thank you for posting this link! Everyone needs to see it!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:09 PM

30,207 posts, read 47,436,789 times
Gricar has disappeared under very mysterious circumstances and I wonder under this new harsh light of transparency if the investigation of what happened to him was as thorough and fact-seeking as it could have been
maybe someone did away with him
maybe he disappeared himself with donation from those who did not want his info to come to light

this article --which some of you might have read--pretty much sums up my pov--
there is too much cloaking language around what Sandusky was doing and what those Penn State admins ignored--
the quoted material comes from the grand jury testimony of McClusky and it is pretty graphic

Joe Paterno and Penn State

McClusky has said that he specifically told Paterno the next day what he saw and heard--
that is basically calling Paterno a liar because Paterno has maintained that he knew none of the specific details about Sandusky's behavior--
but remember he knew from the late 1990s investigation that Sandusky had already behaved in questionalble manner toward young boys--
now he get a first-person adult witness (28 yrs old) to that behavior--and all he does is tell his boss--
he does not say to the boss "we need to call the police"
he does not ask McClusky are you willing to testify against Sandusky--"I WILL PROTECT YOUR JOB if you tell the truth"
nope--
he just tells the AD that McClusky was upset about what he saw and let McClusky carry the water himself...which he did...
I have no doubt that McClusky told exactly the same story to all three people that he told to the grand jury later...
the problem is that he (McClusky) failed to go the extra mile and contact the police---
and the real problem is that all three of those guys KNEW that Sandusky was doing things like that from the 90s investigation--
there is no way they did not know--
IMO THAT is probably why they did not call the police in 02--because they knew they were guilty of criminal facilitation by ignoring Sandusky's behavior and still allowing him access to school facilities and endorsing the Second Mile charity he participated in...

none of these people understand or care to understand the nature of a sexual predator--which means to me they are warped in some way, shape or form themselves...
I think some people hearing about this travesty b erate Sandusky as a
f----- and a "homo"--but he is not--he is a predator--

a normal homosexual would find Sandusky's behavior just as bizarre and abnormal and disgusting as a normal heterosexual----normal homosexuals DON'T have sex with underage boys...

so don't confuse the two behaviors...
don't damn homosexuality for what Sandusky did--
he was a sexual predator--amoral to the nth degree...
and his behavior was all about power and pain...

and I agree that is great link--that guy's comment at the end--that there is so much more dirt going to be dug up is spot on...
this is probably going to be one of the worst exposures of child sex abuse by well-known individuals in 100 yrs
Penn State better have deep pockets--and frankly the two guys that were fired--and probably the attorney are going to be sued as individuals--they did not act with fiduciary oversight to PROTECT the interests of the university--so I bet they are not covered by Penn State's liability insurance...
I would sue them before I sued the school...

Last edited by loves2read; 11-10-2011 at 04:22 PM..

Old 11-10-2011, 04:18 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,009,154 times
Another quick reminder here to treat fellow posters with respect. Fortunately I haven't to delete anything on this thread. I saw a little flareup a page or two back but we're ok here. I hope to keep it that way.

And a reminder to people who don't normally post on the football forums; my tolerance on snarky, off topic, and insulting comments toward each other, particularly on this thread, is zero.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:36 PM

366 posts, read 676,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Another quick reminder here to treat fellow posters with respect. Fortunately I haven't to delete anything on this thread. I saw a little flareup a page or two back but we're ok here. I hope to keep it that way.

And a reminder to people who don't normally post on the football forums; my tolerance on snarky, off topic, and insulting comments toward each other, particularly on this thread, is zero.

No disrespect to the moderator, but this incident is greater than college football. This is, hopefully, a rare moment in time when we all can refocus, and if need be, correct our collective moral compass. Let's never forget Victim #2 and the horror that 10 year old endured. Folks, we've got to do better.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:37 PM

4,247 posts, read 10,571,165 times
People who think Joe did all he could. Lets look at it this way can we?

What do you think Joe would have done had the boy in the shower been his grandson? Do you think Joe would've said, "I'll go tell my boss about this" or "GO KILL THAT SOB and lets go to the police"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football