U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 10:11 PM

30,242 posts, read 47,491,480 times

Advertisements

Lawyer offers preview of Penn State official's defense - The York Daily Record

check out the arrogance--
I know an attorney is supposed to defend his clients but if his defense gets those two guys off--the law definitely needs to be revised--
frankly it needs to be revised anyway--
anyone who sees child abuse occuring or who has suspicion that it is occurring should be compelled to report to the police
and if that person tells someone else--like a superior--then they both should have to report the suspicions--
even if that is hearsay/second hand evidence--

Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 PM

904 posts, read 1,638,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Lawyer offers preview of Penn State official's defense - The York Daily Record

check out the arrogance--
I know an attorney is supposed to defend his clients but if his defense gets those two guys off--the law definitely needs to be revised--
frankly it needs to be revised anyway--
anyone who sees child abuse occuring or who has suspicion that it is occurring should be compelled to report to the police
and if that person tells someone else--like a superior--then they both should have to report the suspicions--
even if that is hearsay/second hand evidence--
It's all a bluff. The defense attorneys know they have no chance at getting these guys off. The attorneys are just happy they were hired for such a high-profile case (or so it will be) and will get a pretty nice pay day when it comes to an end. They'll try to make their case, and they'll put on an act that their clients are innocent and blah, blah, blah, but I don't see how any attorney could feel they could have much of a case as of right now. Not to mention, anyone is fooling themselves if they believe everything has come out by now. No way, we've seen just the tip of the iceberg.

Then again, I swore that Casey Anthony wouldn't get off

Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 PM

30,242 posts, read 47,491,480 times
in Casey's case--the police botched the initial investigation--
her own parents were involved in throwing up dust at times...
there was another conspiracy to block the truth...

in this case--I can't believe the prosecutor would file charges if the time was expired on the offense...I think when he lied to the grand jury the second time, that started the time line again...

and I saw that Texas is now going to investigate whether Sandusky committed assault on the boy he brought down for the Fiesta Bowl that last year he was with Penn...

and remember the Mann Act...I think Sandusky has violated it on numerous occasions when he took boys with him on trips to away games or special functions...
that makes some of his criminal acts FEDERAL territory--I don't think the FBI would be too intimidated by Joe Paterno or PSU--
I can't believe no one has made that connection--
I know the Feds are going to investigate because there was no report of the second sexual assault made on campus to the Fed as there was supposed to be
I am sure they will say that Sandusky was not a university employee and the boy was not a student--so they were not "required" to report that because their law was not about just "any" sexual misconduct...

Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,387,798 times
Wonder if they'll try to move the trial somewhere else....

Old 11-11-2011, 02:56 AM

4,131 posts, read 4,791,234 times
This story gets more bizzarre by the day-the DA that was investigating Sardusky in 1998 vanished and his computer hardrive was found destroyed--you cannot make this stuff up. Now it is coming out that Sardusky was "pimping young children" to the highest bidding donor? I believe this is going to really open it up..

Old 11-11-2011, 03:27 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,165,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
It's all a bluff. The defense attorneys know they have no chance at getting these guys off. The attorneys are just happy they were hired for such a high-profile case (or so it will be) and will get a pretty nice pay day when it comes to an end. They'll try to make their case, and they'll put on an act that their clients are innocent and blah, blah, blah, but I don't see how any attorney could feel they could have much of a case as of right now. Not to mention, anyone is fooling themselves if they believe everything has come out by now. No way, we've seen just the tip of the iceberg.

Then again, I swore that Casey Anthony wouldn't get off
all they need is to assemble that jury again.

the victims were as young as 7, according to wikipedia, which has a breakdown on the victims.

for those who say it has nothing to do with college football, i think it has everything to do with football.

the sport, for a long time, has been willing to look the other way at player behavior, no matter how egregious.

now we see that the sport, for a long time, has been willing to look the other way at coach behavior, no matter how egregious.

....just so people can be entertained by a sport.

maybe it is time to step back and reconsider this idolatry, because it certain seems to be misplaced.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-11-2011 at 04:17 AM..

Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 AM

4,653 posts, read 6,506,170 times
It's sad to say but it seems like there was more of an outrage when dogs were involved compared to children. For the dog lovers I'm just making a news comparison. Well I tried to say it in a better way but I'm sure most know what I'm trying to say or get at..

Old 11-11-2011, 04:23 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,165,316 times
let me add that i don't think this is just about sports, either.

that charity (i posted their IRS statement earlier) needs to be shut down-and the people involved need to be investigated.

this is happening ALL over the country-scam charities which are siphoning tax money away. these people draw huge "salaries" and don't pay taxes, and thereby escape the system that the rest of us have to contribute to-creating an even bigger ripoff of the rest of us.

(on a side note, how many people know that bono's charity only gave 1% to charity. it's a redistribution of wealth-back to the top.)

at least this is all out in the open now, and thank goodness for the decent people at that high school that brought it into the open.

To see a small boy being raped and walk away from it!!!!!! A current PSU coach!!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 04:32 AM

21,442 posts, read 22,000,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
It's sad to say but it seems like there was more of an outrage when dogs were involved compared to children. For the dog lovers I'm just making a news comparison. Well I tried to say it in a better way but I'm sure most know what I'm trying to say or get at..
fail, I haven't seen any comparisons that anyone has offered up as far as levels of outrage regarding the "dog lovers" that are applicable to this story

Last edited by Ghengis; 11-11-2011 at 04:45 AM..

Old 11-11-2011, 06:55 AM

10,799 posts, read 13,722,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
timeline for Sandusky's know abuse history--
How the Penn State child sex-abuse scandal transpired - PhotoGallery - Chicago Sun-Times

I had forgotten about the incident the custodian saw...
And if you read between the lines on that, Sandusky hung out in the parking lot for a few hours after being seen by the janitor. He didn't just do his deed and then run along. He intimidated his victims, and apparently people who caught him in the act as well. McQueary was most likely scared of Sandusky, and Paterno, and what might happen to him if he didn't tow the line. When Paterno didn't go to the police, McQueary should have gone to the DA immediately. But, obviously out of "loyalty" or whatever bad reason, he didn't. It's not really hard to see how he was scared to go over peoples heads..but of course he should have and his name is ruined now forever because of it.

This sick case has a trail of victims beyond just the boys who were assaulted..I looked at second miles home page yesterday..that is a huge orginzation..there are scores of people who I'm sure thought they were working for a good cause, who had no idea they were basically enabling a pedophile....people who donated money who simply had no idea.

And what is the real bottom line in all this? What really enabled this guy to get away with this for so long where most people wouldn't? Penn State Football, it's legacy, and it's place and power in that area of PA. Without that Sandusky never gets away with what he's doing for that period of time. The guy who oversaw Penn State police is a Paterno cronie. He did nothing when he could have buried Sandusky. As far as I'm concerned, Penn State and everybody involved in this shoudl be sued out of existence by Sandusky's victims. They should be auctioning off that land to pay off all the victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football