U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:41 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,894,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
So someone actually saw this guying raping a young boy in the shower? And didn't rush in to help him? I can't even fathom that.
That was my first thought. What the hell kind of people see a 10 year old having sex with a man and dont do anything about it at that time.

I used to think JoePA at least carried his program with class.

The reality he is a gutless coward, who deserves to live out his life in shame. AS do the rest of the staffers who knew.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:44 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,894,190 times
Maybe JoePa will be going to the big House thats not in Ann Arbor.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:46 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,817,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Maybe JoePa will be going to the big House thats not in Ann Arbor.
I don't believe Paterno broke any laws. He is a coward though.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:05 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,744,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
The GA went to Paterno who passed the buck, a terrible, terrible moral failing on JoePa's fault. And I say that as someone who has always admired the man.
This whole thing is truly shocking. I've always admired Joe Paterno as well but it appears that even though he apparently met his legal obligation to report the incident he learned about to the AD, he didn't do all that he could have done and that's a real shame.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:12 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,847,941 times
Quote:
So someone actually saw this guying raping a young boy in the shower? And didn't rush in to help him? I can't even fathom that.
EXACTLY!!! I would think that would be the 1st thing to do... Lets put it this way, either I'd get arrested for beating the crap out of this dude or he'd beat the crap out of me... Either way, I'd be scrapping to save the poor kid. Next, the police would be called! It's a freaking CHILD! As a parent, this makes me so freaking angry!

Old 11-08-2011, 12:16 PM

11,997 posts, read 17,512,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
EXACTLY!!! I would think that would be the 1st thing... Either I'd get arrested for beating the crap out of this dude or he'd beat the crap out of me... Either way, I'd be scrapping to save the poor kid. Next, the police would be called! It's a freaking CHILD! As a parent, this makes me so freaking angry!
Me too. Were that my kid, Paterno's age would not stop me from breaking his jaw.

Why is it that, whether its parish priests, pop star entourages, or legendary football coaches and staff, all too many men seem to lose any semblance of courage and honor when it comes to these parasitical perverts abusing the people who can least defend themselves?

Old 11-08-2011, 12:42 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,134,310 times
Quote:
It was a grad assistant who was probably 22 or 23 years old. He saw one of the most "powerful" men at Penn St doing something unimaginable. I'm sure he was scared, shocked, and stunned.

Its easy for someone who wasn't there to say "I would have gone after that POS like a mad dog on steroids".

Penn St football and all associated with it are treated like royalty and this person knew it. I think the kid was just scared sh*itless and didn't know what to do which is why he called his Dad, who told him to "flee the building", which he did.

The next day he went to Paterno's house and told him what he'd witnessed.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:16 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,430,919 times
First point: Joe Paterno and Brett Favre are excellent examples of the case for "Retiring in your prime."

Second point: An older woman chasing a younger boy is called a cougar. Is an older man chasing a younger boy called a Nittany Lion?

EDIT: It's okay for me to say that because I was probably already going to hell...

Old 11-08-2011, 01:49 PM

13,720 posts, read 25,558,395 times
Although he may be on his way out - I'm not convinced it is justified. The alleged shower incident occurred in 2002 - three years after Sandusky retired. He was not a PSU employee and didn't report to Paterno. He had an office on campus.

When Paterno was told of the incident, reported it to PSU leaders. That is exactly what someone would do in any other large organization. The managers would engage HR and an investigation would proceed. There is lots to be concerned with about how PSU leadership handled this. But I haven't read anything yet that Paterno did anything to sweep this away. If it did - he must be fired.

The person who witnessed the incident - I have a huge problem with him not intervening to protect the boy.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:57 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,150 times
The fact that this all comes out after Joe Pa's record setting win is a disgrace to college football. I have never agreed with Jason Whitlock, though in this case, I think he's spot on.
Blame for Penn State's Jerry Sandusky scandal falls on Joe Paterno, Tim Curley, Gary Schultz, Graham Spanier, Mike McQueary - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football