U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 05:34 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,130,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post

He is a homosexual who preyed on young boys.
He's a pedophile of the worst order.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,472,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Wrong
Sandusky was NOT a homosexual
He is married
You might say he is bisexual predator
Saying he is homosexual is slamming homosexuals
True...plenty of straight guys molesting young girls...ever watch To Catch A Predator? most of the perps were straight guys looking for young girls. Scum on both sides.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:11 PM

1,080 posts, read 827,527 times
Sandusky is a Pedophile! Synonymous with Sick and Disturbed, sexual abuse of children has nothing to do with homosexuality, hence, abuse of children by homosexual men is very rare.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:35 PM

30,114 posts, read 47,344,680 times
yes--please dont use this terrible situation to take cheap shots at homosexual men--

there are pedophiles who strictly prefer male children, some who prefer female children, and some who just don't care what sex they abuse...
but to call Sandusky a homosexual is to give homosexuals a bad name--
there are plenty of gay men who would have stepped in and beaten Sandusky down in that shower vs running home to call their dads...

Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 PM

Penn State scandal: ‘It’s time to help the kids’ - The Washington Post

interesting insight from man who was victim of pedophile as child, recovered from the psychic trauma after time and counseling occurred, became a grad asst coach for Paterno (in the late 80s) like McQueary and probably knew Sandusky...he writes--

“The crux of the whole case isn’t protocol or right channels or who took the fall. There was no consideration from Joe Paterno, from anyone at Penn State, over how we can help this kid. That was the last thing in their minds” ...and finally...
“I’m sorry, you don’t get credit for touching lives any more if you look the other way when grown men touch children.”

Old 11-11-2011, 08:09 PM

My weird and iconoclastic sense of humor is getting the better of me--
I have read some of those" Paterno accomplished a lot of good in his career--too bad people forget that in the emotional reaction of the moment"articles that came out earlier this week...
not so many now though...

I just wondered if anyone considered the fact that at one point in history Hitler was considered the rising star of Europe---the savior of Germany--a charismatic leader with artistic sensibilities who was creating order out of chaos and setting a standard for organized government that other countries should emulate...
I am pretty sure there were people who thought too bad Adolph's contributions will be tarnished by this Holocaust business...

yeah--I said I had an iconoclastic sense of humor...
that is the trouble with being a hero with feet of clay--you never know when you will topple cause obviously there are no feelings in feet of clay...

Old 11-11-2011, 08:31 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,181,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGMetroWest View Post
Looks like McQueary has been placed on administrative leave.
He should be fired!!! I don't understand why he is not being fired!! I think the public needs to scream and picket PSU to fire him!! Let's see....when is my next day off...
Quote:
This is one of the most thorough timelines for the Sandusky saga I have come across
A Patriot-News Special Report: Who knew what about Jerry Sandusky? There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995 | PennLive.com

it makes several points that I think are important as far as how the coverup of his behavior happened--
note the detail of how the 2000 allegation by McQueary was watered down until it became as bland as mashed potatoes--
and see the contradiction in this material regarding Paterno's role/knowledge---
According to Paterno’s testimony [to the grand jury], McQueary told the coach he had witnessed Sandusky “fondling or doing something of a sexual nature” to the boy.

Two days after the report was released, Paterno issued a statement saying he wanted to correct the impression left by the presentment.

Even though Paterno himself had told the grand jury that McQueary saw “something of a sexual nature,” Paterno said this week that he had stopped the conversation before it got too graphic. Instead, he told McQueary he would need to speak with his superior, Athletic Director Tim Curley, and with Schultz.

That meeting did not happen for 10 days.

What was said at that meeting is in dispute.

now why would it take someone who cared about finding out the truth 10 days to meet with his superiors--
why would he stop McQueary from giving him a full, factual description of the event?

Because he knew how bad it was, because he did not want to face the truth of what he had known/suspected for a long time...
right then is when Joe Paterno threw any child being abused by Sandusky under the PSU bus...
You are so right.
Quote:
Penn State scandal: ‘It’s time to help the kids’ - The Washington Post

interesting insight from man who was victim of pedophile as child, recovered from the psychic trauma after time and counseling occurred, became a grad asst coach for Paterno (in the late 80s) like McQueary and probably knew Sandusky...he writes--

“The crux of the whole case isn’t protocol or right channels or who took the fall. There was no consideration from Joe Paterno, from anyone at Penn State, over how we can help this kid. That was the last thing in their minds” ...and finally...
“I’m sorry, you don’t get credit for touching lives any more if you look the other way when grown men touch children.”
I love that last statement!
Quote:
My weird and iconoclastic sense of humor is getting the better of me--
I have read some of those" Paterno accomplished a lot of good in his career--too bad people forget that in the emotional reaction of the moment"articles that came out earlier this week...
not so many now though...

I just wondered if anyone considered the fact that at one point in history Hitler was considered the rising star of Europe---the savior of Germany--a charismatic leader with artistic sensibilities who was creating order out of chaos and setting a standard for organized government that other countries should emulate...
I am pretty sure there were people who thought too bad Adolph's contributions will be tarnished by this Holocaust business...

yeah--I said I had an iconoclastic sense of humor...
that is the trouble with being a hero with feet of clay--you never know when you will topple cause obviously there are no feelings in feet of clay...
I love you iconoclastic sense of humor! Good point about Hitler!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
What about the hypothetical question I asked you?
Speedy...not trying to attack you...just a question for you.

If one of your kids were a victim of Sandusky's and you found out that Joe had prior knowledge of Sandusky's sick behavior and could have prevented your child from being raped by coming forward to begin with.....how would you feel about JoePa then?
Speedy...are ya still here? I'm still waiting for an answer on this question...

Old 11-11-2011, 08:49 PM

826 posts, read 852,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
He should be fired!!! I don't understand why he is not being fired!! I think the public needs to scream and picket PSU to fire him!!
The reason McQueary hasn't been fired yet is because he apparently is protected by so-called "whistle-blower" laws:

Penn State assistant coach might have whistleblower protection for reporting Sandusky alleged incident - ESPN

Old 11-11-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
The reason McQueary hasn't been fired yet is because he apparently is protected by so-called "whistle-blower" laws:

Penn State assistant coach might have whistleblower protection for reporting Sandusky alleged incident - ESPN
That is such crap that he is being protected under the whistle blower laws!! He didn't blow the whistle. A grown man walked into a police station and stated he was abused as a kid at PSU by Sandusky. The police began an investigation over 2 years ago on this matter! McQueary was part of that investigation! He had to tell them what he knew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football