U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 AM

5,706 posts, read 8,126,907 times

Advertisements

Jerry Sandusky and Gary Schultz continue to receive generous Penn State pensions

Jerry Sandusky and Gary Schultz continue to receive generous Penn State pensions | PennLive.com

Not good.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:45 AM

4,131 posts, read 4,776,423 times
NJsocks-Yes, I believe that this is the tip of the iceburg, the judge in Sardusky's case who gave him 100k bail, well she is linked to his foundation-again another failure. She should be ousted-
Also, I read the Second Mile's website-I believe it said that Sardusky and the foundation "separated" in 2000 I believe it said. So my question is...did the foundation let Penn State know? I doubt it-he was good...I'm sure the wreckage of his "problem" is bigger than anyone can imagine.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:47 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,177,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I still do not understand why everyone is blaming Joe-McQueary stated he isn't sure he told Joe pa that he saw a child being raped-he said he saw inappropriate behavior-
I don't get it...McQueary saw that child being RAPED and did nothing..he walked away and called his dad? If you and I are friends ...and you ran up to me and said "hey I saw a guy being inappropriate to a woman." And the woman was actually being raped-why is this my fault? I understand this is emotional and sickening-but Joe Pa is just a coach at the end of the day-he reported it to his superiors-just like he was supposed to-and they did nothing-in the world of school administration you do not "follow up" with incidence..when your superiors tell you it's being handled, you do not question it. What moral obligation? How about the moral obligation of Mcqueary? hindsight is 20/20 but how do yuo walk away when you SEE a child being raped? That to me makes me sick-
You make too much sense on this subject!! I wasn't aware that McQueary said "he wasn't sure what he told JoePA!" How can you not remember what you said about the situation???

They are saying that McQueary will be protected under the whistle blower's law. However, he was NOT the whistle blower!! How this all came to light was a kid asked his mom how to look up "sex weirdos!" When questioned by his mother he stated he wanted to "see if Jerry was on the list!" His mother had the guidance counselor at school speak to him and he admitted Sandusky acted inappropriate towards him! This kid was the whistle blower!

IMO McQueary should be fired and in more trouble than JoePa. He SAW the kid being raped!! What man or even woman wouldn't stop that??? If I witnessed that, I wouldn't care how big a man Sandusky was. I would have clobbered him!! There are plenty of weapons to be used in that locker room!! How about a weight???
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I understand and respect your opinion about "morally speaking" (same as mine)...I just think he failed miserably overall....Unfortunately I think parents are going to think twice about wanting to send their children to Penn State as well as college bound students. Sad situation.

I am sure that PSU code of conduct will be changing. I just don't understand how he didn't do more....reporting to his supervisor was not enough. It's just common sense. These are somebody's children. God help me if these were mine.

Dnvr: I agree. There are SO many people involved in this nightmare. I am sure many more will come out too.
I agree with you--he did fail miserably. But he did what was required of him by the PSU code of conduct and also by the PA state law on reporting child abuse!! Our laws will be changing. You can bank on that!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Jerry Sandusky and Gary Schultz continue to receive generous Penn State pensions

Jerry Sandusky and Gary Schultz continue to receive generous Penn State pensions | PennLive.com

Not good.
I have a feeling he shouldn't count on that money for his wife to survive on while he rots in prison!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:56 AM

4,131 posts, read 4,776,423 times
[quote=TexasGirl@Heart;21709772]You make too much sense on this subject!! I wasn't aware that McQueary said "he wasn't sure what he told JoePA!" How can you not remember what you said about the situation???

I have a Masters in Psychology and worked with a forensic Psychologist for about 3 years-in pedophilia-also, my family is from the School/Police/law field and I know how the chain of command works..

Plus I read the grand jury testimony...

Old 11-14-2011, 12:03 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,646,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
IMO McQueary should be fired and in more trouble than JoePa. He SAW the kid being raped!! What man or even woman wouldn't stop that??? If I witnessed that, I wouldn't care how big a man Sandusky was. I would have clobbered him!! There are plenty of weapons to be used in that locker room!! How about a weight???
While I personally think clobbering him would have been the best solution, he wouldn't have even had to do that. All he needed to do was make a loud noise or make a distraction to let Sandusky know he wasn't alone. McQueary could have picked up a trash can and thrown it. Heck, he could have coughed loudly. Anything to interrupt the rape in progress.

Instead he seems to have silently slunk away leaving a child alone with his rapist. That's the picture I can't get out of my mind.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:11 PM

5,273 posts, read 6,551,921 times
Quote:
NJsocks-Yes, I believe that this is the tip of the iceburg, the judge in Sardusky's case who gave him 100k bail, well she is linked to his foundation-again another failure. She should be ousted-
Also, I read the Second Mile's website-I believe it said that Sardusky and the foundation "separated" in 2000 I believe it said. So my question is...did the foundation let Penn State know? I doubt it-he was good...I'm sure the wreckage of his "problem" is bigger than anyone can imagine.
Dnvr- I agree. The judge should be thrown off the bench. Period. What a travesty. The pedophile lives next to an elementary school. What will it take to revoke bail?

Quote:
I agree with you--he did fail miserably. But he did what was required of him by the PSU code of conduct and also by the PA state law on reporting child abuse!! Our laws will be changing. You can bank on that!
Tx- that absolutely baffles me regarding the laws of Pennsylvania. and of course Penn St. Hopefully they will change asap. What a mess.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:

I have a Masters in Psychology and worked with a forensic Psychologist for about 3 years-in pedophilia-also, my family is from the School/Police/law field and I know how the chain of command works...
Aha!!! That is why you make so much sense!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
While I personally think clobbering him would have been the best solution, he wouldn't have even had to do that. All he needed to do was make a loud noise or make a distraction to let Sandusky know he wasn't alone. McQueary could have picked up a trash can and thrown it. Heck, he could have coughed loudly. Anything to interrupt the rape in progress.

Instead he seems to have silently slunk away leaving a child alone with his rapist. That's the picture I can't get out of my mind.
Well....Sandusky and the victim both knew they were not alone. They both saw McQueary and he ran back to his office!! Can you imagine what that kid was feeling...Someone saw him being raped and would save him only to have McQueary run away like a coward.

He deserves to rot in prison too.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Tx- that absolutely baffles me regarding the laws of Pennsylvania. and of course Penn St. Hopefully they will change asap. What a mess.
PSU will be changing their reporting laws too. I have no doubt about that.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:46 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,330,796 times
And it goes on- President of charity linked to Penn State abuse scandal resigns; judge had donated to it - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/president-of-pa-charity-linked-to-penn-state-child-sex-abuse-scandal-resigns/2011/11/14/gIQARntvKN_story.html - broken link)

The president of the Second Mile resigns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football