U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 07:59 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,563,918 times

Advertisements

Could Sandusky be any more slower in his response when asked by Bob Costas regarding sexual attraction to boys? , The prospective jurors will have a field day with this interview. Any normal person would be react to something like that in a nano second!

Quote:
my question is about what Sandusky's attorney said last night--that they know who the boy in McQueary's story is and that he will come forward and deny there was assault...
I want to know if they did get a young man to come forward to lie for Sandusky could they prove he was lying??? Since NO ONE apparently bothered to get that boy's name--even when they apparently must have made some effort to talk to Sandusky about what happened???
Love2: I heard that too. Wonder if a nice payoff will be involved! I cannot believe how nonchalant Sandusky was during the interview saying there is nothing wrong with showering with boys! His lawyer referred to him as an "overgrown kid". I am speechless!

Last edited by njsocks; 11-15-2011 at 08:20 AM..

Old 11-15-2011, 08:50 AM

12,291 posts, read 11,356,723 times
The "system" is built to defend the powerful. We see a monster trying to shame the boys who have been his victims. He should bear in mind that they are adults now.

Courage.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:06 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,856,187 times
Here is the link to what I heard on ESPN radio this morning regarding McQueary....

Witness: Ex-player McQueary 'made sure it stopped' | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Old 11-15-2011, 09:36 AM

16,534 posts, read 21,020,887 times
I had to delete a thread last night that had a lot of good thought and reason to it and I didn't feel good about deleting it. I've gotten some salty dm's about this policy as well from people last week whose threads I did delete. Though the thread titles of a subject that is as hot button as you could get might have different angles to it, in no time the thread topic gets forgotten about, people's insults start flying, and I have to spend extra time deleting or editing comments. This has happened too many times since I've been modding, with the Michael Vick situation taking the top prize for thread deletions. Or else shut the thread down. And this thread will stay open. And probably get nastier than it has been the last several days, but it stays open.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-15-2011 at 10:03 AM..

Old 11-15-2011, 10:16 AM

12,291 posts, read 11,356,723 times
IMO this thread is educational about predatory practices and helpful to people. I agree that in the last 24 hours it went sideways, but I feel it is still important information. Thanks for your decision to keep it viable.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:34 AM

52,109 posts, read 41,945,215 times
Remember when Duke Lacrosse canceled their season?

Again, if this were the Penn State volleyball team or if their football team were a perennial cellar dweller I cannot help by think the response to initial allegations and CERTAINLY the response after the fact would be entirely different.

I find the Nebraska coachs comment AFTER the game was played that they shouldn't have played the game nauseating. Yeah, you shouldn't have played the game but hey....you are top-20 ranked and can't forfeit and there is HUGE TV money at stake and national attention. So yeah, you shouldn't have played the game but you did and then issued a 1/2-arsed statement after the fact to appease the segment of angry Nebraska fans.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:41 AM

87,083 posts, read 102,830,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Remember when Duke Lacrosse canceled their season?

Again, if this were the Penn State volleyball team or if their football team were a perennial cellar dweller I cannot help by think the response to initial allegations and CERTAINLY the response after the fact would be entirely different.

I find the Nebraska coachs comment AFTER the game was played that they shouldn't have played the game nauseating. Yeah, you shouldn't have played the game but hey....you are top-20 ranked and can't forfeit and there is HUGE TV money at stake and national attention. So yeah, you shouldn't have played the game but you did and then issued a 1/2-arsed statement after the fact to appease the segment of angry Nebraska fans.
Oh, come on! According to my family in Nebraska, there was speculation in Nebraska the whole week before the game regarding whether this game would be cancelled. The NCAA did not cancel the game. I'm not a Nebraska fan, far from it, but I don't know why they should be the fall guys for this mess. As far as "the segment of angry Nebraska fans", could you please elborate? I have not heard anything from Nebraska about that, and I've looked at the Omaha World-Herald's coverage of the game. There is not one thread on the CD Nebraska forums about this issue (or at least there wasn't as of last night).

Old 11-15-2011, 10:52 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,861,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I thought Pelini's comments after the game were poised and very good. You think Pelini could have had anything to do with the game being played or not? Not a chance.

You actually think that UNL should have forfeited the game on their own and gave PSU the win? Really?!?

Old 11-15-2011, 10:57 AM

17,579 posts, read 39,863,602 times
How about the comment his lawyer made about identifying who the victim in the shower was? It seemed like he was taking a shot at the police because they couldn't figure out who the boy was, but Sandusky could.

Of course they could find the boy. Sandusky raped him in the shower. He obviously knew who the boy was. How were the police ever going to figure it out?

Old 11-15-2011, 11:12 AM

16,534 posts, read 21,020,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
IMO this thread is educational about predatory practices and helpful to people. I agree that in the last 24 hours it went sideways, but I feel it is still important information. Thanks for your decision to keep it viable.
I appreciate it. I look in on this thread every hour when I'm home but contrary to some of the dm's I get, I can't be chained to my chair. Mods have jobs, take kids to school, etc. Their lives are similar to everyone elses.

What I'll do here is run the following and quote it as I feel necessary to keep things as civil as I can.

No personal attacks. No going off topic and hi-jacking the thread. This is the only thread that goes here. There are other threads going in P/OC, True Crime, and the Pennsylvania forum (there might be others out there). But for college football, and particularly the Paterno/Penn State situation, this will be the one thread.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-15-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football