U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-18-2011, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,863,598 times
Reputation: 16189

Advertisements

I think it will be a rough atmosphere in the Horshoe to say the least.

 
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,176,885 times
Reputation: 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
One thing I forgot to mention here, and this is specifically to people who aren't regular posters in college and pro football. One liners intended to be funny I'm scrutinizing closely. There isn't anything related to Sandusky, Paterno, sexually assaulting minors, etc., that is one bit funny on this thread.
You ROCK, as always!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The thousands rioting in support of Joe Pa and going on camera blaming the media for blowing things out of proportion and describing the problem as something akin to an accident where only Sandusky was to blame......yeah, those members of PSU have really not helped them.
Do you have any idea how many students attend PSU, main campus? You have to remember that within the walls of PSU, JoePa was looked up to. He IS going to have his supporters among the students, especially the football players and jocks. I'm not surprised they rioted. However, not ALL students are looking up to JoePa today and not all students are rioting.
 
Old 11-18-2011, 01:22 PM
 
Location: 112 Ocean Avenue
5,706 posts, read 8,126,066 times
Reputation: 8886
Even as prosecutors closed in around its founder, the charity at the center of the Penn State child-abuse scandal told benefactors there was no truth to rumors that former Pennsylvania State University football coach Jerry Sandusky was under investigation, a group of four donors said Thursday.

Second Mile donors say they were misled in Sandusky inquiry | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/18/2011

Greed rules.
 
Old 11-18-2011, 08:24 PM
 
1,158 posts, read 1,605,662 times
Reputation: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The thousands rioting in support of Joe Pa and going on camera blaming the media for blowing things out of proportion
2,000 people showed up that night to show support for JoePa and out of that number it was an estimated 200 idiots who were the actual rioters that were responsible for overturning the WJAC-TV van and ripping out a street lamp post.

There are 45,000 students at University Park so this was a very small proportion of PSU students who behaved this badly.It's the media who had grabbed this story with both fists and while salivating,falsely reported it as thousands of students who were involved in the mayhem.

Yes, they initially blamed the whole student body which is just ridiculous. They had also painted the whole town of State College as being nothing but one big community cult involved in the cover up of a monster and the crimes he committed and everyone living there lived by some code of secrecy. Sandusky was(is) a master at the art of deception. He was ( emphasize the word was) a well respected leader in the community who had many people who knew him or who attended his various activities and fund raisers thinking he was a generous do gooder and nothing short of a great guy. He managed to masterfully and totally dupe many of even the brightest people in that community.

May the horrific events of what happened at Penn State be a wake up call for all of us. 10,000 PSU students attended a candlelight vigil held for the victims and are also currently working on raising money to fund the advocacy for victims of child sex abuse. So far they have raised $400,000-in one week- and they have only just begun.
 
Old 11-18-2011, 11:30 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,176,885 times
Reputation: 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondee View Post
2,000 people showed up that night to show support for JoePa and out of that number it was an estimated 200 idiots who were the actual rioters that were responsible for overturning the WJAC-TV van and ripping out a street lamp post.

There are 45,000 students at University Park so this was a very small proportion of PSU students who behaved this badly.It's the media who had grabbed this story with both fists and while salivating,falsely reported it as thousands of students who were involved in the mayhem.

Yes, they initially blamed the whole student body which is just ridiculous. They had also painted the whole town of State College as being nothing but one big community cult involved in the cover up of a monster and the crimes he committed and everyone living there lived by some code of secrecy. Sandusky was(is) a master at the art of deception. He was ( emphasize the word was) a well respected leader in the community who had many people who knew him or who attended his various activities and fund raisers thinking he was a generous do gooder and nothing short of a great guy. He managed to masterfully and totally dupe many of even the brightest people in that community.

May the horrific events of what happened at Penn State be a wake up call for all of us. 10,000 PSU students attended a candlelight vigil held for the victims and are also currently working on raising money to fund the advocacy for victims of child sex abuse. So far they have raised $400,000-in one week- and they have only just begun.
Your post ROCKS!!
 
Old 11-19-2011, 09:53 AM
 
30,065 posts, read 47,304,581 times
Reputation: 16009
Now the news story that Paterno has treatable form of lung cancer--
no need to release that info except to get the sympathy reaction
 
Old 11-19-2011, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
12,270 posts, read 11,317,584 times
Reputation: 6109
Remember; their goal is distraction from the violent crimes he is accused of.
 
Old 11-19-2011, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,863,598 times
Reputation: 16189
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Now the news story that Paterno has treatable form of lung cancer--
no need to release that info except to get the sympathy reaction

I agree I thought it was kind of pathetic. My initial reaction was karma is a b Jopa.
 
Old 11-19-2011, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,176,885 times
Reputation: 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Now the news story that Paterno has treatable form of lung cancer--
no need to release that info except to get the sympathy reaction
It would have been released regardless because of who he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Remember; their goal is distraction from the violent crimes he is accused of.
Let's all remember who (Sandusky) committed the violent crimes.
 
Old 11-19-2011, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
12,270 posts, read 11,317,584 times
Reputation: 6109
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
It would have been released regardless because of who he is.


Let's all remember who (Sandusky) committed the violent crimes.
Perhaps, but a raised eyebrow about the timing of his son all over ESPN is certainly consistent with distracting people from the crimes committed (point taken) by Sandusky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top