U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-20-2011, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,175,961 times
Reputation: 4916

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm not much into speculation (have accused many of having a crystal ball, so need to stay honest), but health professionals can usually keep their mouths shut about a diagnosis.
Really? Is that why 2 nurses were fired at UPMC over the Tammy Wynette incident?

Bottom line...JoePa's cancer diagnosis would have leaked to the press even if his son had not released the info.

 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,980 posts, read 102,527,356 times
Reputation: 33045
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Really? Is that why 2 nurses were fired at UPMC over the Tammy Wynette incident?

Bottom line...JoePa's cancer diagnosis would have leaked to the press even if his son had not released the info.
I guess they were fired b/c they violated patient confidentiality. Nevertheless, I never heard about it.

You do not have a crystal ball. You do not know what "would have happened" had Pa's son not released the information to the press. I really don't understand your adamacy about this. With Steve Jobs, we only knew what he wanted us to know, just as an example.
 
Old 11-20-2011, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,175,961 times
Reputation: 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I guess they were fired b/c they violated patient confidentiality. Nevertheless, I never heard about it.

You do not have a crystal ball. You do not know what "would have happened" had Pa's son not released the information to the press. I really don't understand your adamacy about this. With Steve Jobs, we only knew what he wanted us to know, just as an example.
You guess? Again--made the evening news re: 2 nurses fired over the TW leak. Just because you never heard about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I have worked at UPMC for over 21 years....It's a fact.

What I don't understand is why you refuse to believe that things don't leak out other than through family members. What is so hard to believe about a cancer dx leaking out?? If an episode of diarrhea can leak out, why wouldn't something much bigger, ie: a cancer dx leak out? Big NEWS for weeks that he had to change his pants during a football game, but such a far stretch for a cancer dx to leak.

I'm not going to continue arguing with you about something so stupid that it takes up space here.

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 11-20-2011 at 11:57 PM..
 
Old 11-20-2011, 11:14 PM
 
60 posts, read 93,867 times
Reputation: 55
Sandusky wife should be charge as well-I believe she knew or had some idea
 
Old 11-20-2011, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,175,961 times
Reputation: 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg2010 View Post
Sandusky wife should be charge as well-I believe she knew or had some idea
I agree with you. How could she not know what was going on down in that basement...
 
Old 11-21-2011, 03:54 AM
 
12,870 posts, read 13,134,672 times
Reputation: 4453
i haven't had time to read every post but i like to go to web of deception to see documents, and they have some interesting ones on paterno and sandusky:

Examine the only campaign contribution Joe Paterno, former head coach of the Penn

i see that in 2002 sandusky got 57,000 for consulting with 2nd mile-is that the going rate for molesting little vulnerable children?

that tax return sure is interesting. somebody might want to look into that charity.

i also find it interesting that an investigation, started in 1998, was followed by sandusky's creepy book in 2000, almost as an apology/excuse for what was coming, and that the book is now in demand, selling for up to 100 dollars on ebay.

what a nutty world.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-21-2011 at 04:18 AM..
 
Old 11-21-2011, 05:27 AM
 
518 posts, read 705,016 times
Reputation: 710
Default Sandusky's first victim bullied by classmates

Just heard on the Today show that Sandusky's first alleged victim is withdrawing from his high school due to bullying. This is his senior year. Victimization all over again, this time by his peers. So tragically sad.
So I came to city forum hoping to find a related thread and here you are.
I want to ask for prayers for this victim. And if the victim reads this, I want you to know that I am praying for you. I am beyond inspired by your courage. I am on YOUR side. You will get through this. Yes, there is evil in the world but there is also an abundance of the good. Trust in the God of your understanding to bring you through. wl
 
Old 11-21-2011, 07:06 PM
 
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
12,270 posts, read 11,315,840 times
Reputation: 6109
The dark side owns the mindless.
 
Old 11-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,980 posts, read 102,527,356 times
Reputation: 33045
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
You guess? Again--made the evening news re: 2 nurses fired over the TW leak. Just because you never heard about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I have worked at UPMC for over 21 years....It's a fact.

What I don't understand is why you refuse to believe that things don't leak out other than through family members. What is so hard to believe about a cancer dx leaking out?? If an episode of diarrhea can leak out, why wouldn't something much bigger, ie: a cancer dx leak out? Big NEWS for weeks that he had to change his pants during a football game, but such a far stretch for a cancer dx to leak.

I'm not going to continue arguing with you about something so stupid that it takes up space here.
Calm down, there, Tex! I'll be charitable and say that perhaps I didn't communicate well previously. I said I hadn't heard of the Tammy Wynette liver transplant and gave a couple of reasons. (See below) You will note I NEVER said it didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, I never heard that Tammy Wyntte stuff, either. Now maybe that's b/c I don't much care about what celebs are doing, or maybe it's b/c it takes a while for news to get out here to flyover country, but still. A lot of this stuff is mainly local, and while the locals (any locality) may think the whole world knows about something, that is often not the case.
It may have been all over the news in Pittsburgh. So what?

The episode of diarrhea leaked out (clever little pun of yours there) b/c someone reported it. Again, not something I ever heard of, though it might have been big news in Pennsylvania. Many of the rest of us just don't care that much about JoePa.

Again, you don't have a crystal ball. You cannot predict "what might have happened if. . . "
 
Old 11-21-2011, 09:30 PM
 
30,064 posts, read 47,297,325 times
Reputation: 16009
What Paterno going on the field in that condition proves is that nothing is more important than PSU football. To me it just shows how unreasonable he is about giving up some control. He wouldn't then and he would not let any truth of Sandusky's amoral behavior come before his football program
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top