U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-26-2012, 01:34 PM
 
52,096 posts, read 41,919,559 times
Reputation: 32515

Advertisements

I wonder if the Paterno family has started conducting their own investigation yet like they said they would.

Maybe they can have Franco Harris aka Mermaidman help them out?

 
Old 08-16-2012, 11:24 AM
 
44 posts, read 62,026 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
To preserve the high level of recruiting & its reputation is why Paterno ordered the coverup.

Paterno and his conspirators chose very poorly, much to the detriment of the added victims, the players, the program, his legacy, the fans, the vendors, and the university.

So sad, so tragic.
I would agree that Paterno chose very poorly, if...you know...what you are saying here actually did happen. Unfortunately for your argument, it did not.
 
Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 AM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,289,348 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Annunzio View Post
I would agree that Paterno chose very poorly, if...you know...what you are saying here actually did happen. Unfortunately for your argument, it did not.
The only thing wrong in his statement was high level of recruiting. PSU hasnt had that in a decade.
 
Old 08-16-2012, 12:02 PM
 
44 posts, read 62,026 times
Reputation: 33
Inaccurate and irresponsible media reporting on this whole ordeal has poisoned the public's perception of what happened in this whole scandal. Joe Paterno did not cover anything up. There is no evidence of a coverup whatsoever. Paterno notified his superiors of the incident, and also notified the individual in charge of the campus police. I'd say that is the opposite of a cover up.
 
Old 08-16-2012, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,409 posts, read 8,405,878 times
Reputation: 7034
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Annunzio View Post
Inaccurate and irresponsible media reporting on this whole ordeal has poisoned the public's perception of what happened in this whole scandal. Joe Paterno did not cover anything up. There is no evidence of a coverup whatsoever. Paterno notified his superiors of the incident, and also notified the individual in charge of the campus police. I'd say that is the opposite of a cover up.
You people lost that denial argument and nobody but deluded diehards believe it.

The BWI board would be the laughingstock of the nation if it weren't so sad and disgusting.

Face it, Paterno's legacy is as dead as he is.
 
Old 08-16-2012, 07:02 PM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,289,348 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Annunzio View Post
Inaccurate and irresponsible media reporting on this whole ordeal has poisoned the public's perception of what happened in this whole scandal. Joe Paterno did not cover anything up. There is no evidence of a coverup whatsoever. Paterno notified his superiors of the incident, and also notified the individual in charge of the campus police. I'd say that is the opposite of a cover up.
Nah. There are just delusional PSU fans like yourself who will make any excuses for a coach who hasn't been above average in decades.
 
Old 08-18-2012, 12:12 AM
 
4,800 posts, read 10,598,289 times
Reputation: 8290
If I had any tiny shred of good will left for Paterno this latest article wipes it out if the article is true.

Family pushed Paterno to read Sandusky report - Yahoo! Sports

FTA:
The book quotes Paterno as shouting ''I'm not omniscient!''
Paterno did not want to read the report, but family members and Penn State football communications and marketing assistant Guido D'Elia insisted that he must.
The book also indicates Paterno didn't comprehend all the terms in the report, asking his son what sodomy means.


OK, so a man who knows what the word omniscient means doesn't know what the word sodomy means?
Talk about being willfully ignorant.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 07:51 AM
 
44 posts, read 62,026 times
Reputation: 33
But what you aren't mentioning about that article is that it contains rock solid evidence that Paterno knew nothing about Sandusky's behavior, and therefore could not possibly have been covering anything up.

The book quotes Paterno as shouting ''I'm not omniscient!''

Then the article conveniently leaves out D'Elia's reply to Paterno, which is contained in the book:

"But they think you are!"

This goes to show you that Paterno was still underestimating how people were going to judge his involvement in the situation, because in reality, he had little to no involvement. Well, until the media got hold of the story....

Then this terrible article does what many articles have done before it, which is to include misinformation to lead the reader into drawing false conclusions.

Sandusky's early retirement at age 55 has led to speculation that a 1998 allegation by a boy against Sandusky that was never prosecuted by authorities led to Penn State quietly pushing Sandusky out.

This is a nice theory and all, except for the fact that it was specifically debunked by the contents of the Freeh Report. There were emails uncovered in the Freeh investigation showing discussions between Penn St officials and Sandusky where they are negotiating retirement terms. These emails predate the 1998 incident with Sandusky and the boy. But this article and many other media reports will ignore that because it doesn't make for as good of a story.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,409 posts, read 8,405,878 times
Reputation: 7034
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Annunzio View Post
But what you aren't mentioning about that article is that it contains rock solid evidence that Paterno knew nothing about Sandusky's behavior, and therefore could not possibly have been covering anything up.

The book quotes Paterno as shouting ''I'm not omniscient!''

Then the article conveniently leaves out D'Elia's reply to Paterno, which is contained in the book:

"But they think you are!"

This goes to show you that Paterno was still underestimating how people were going to judge his involvement in the situation, because in reality, he had little to no involvement. Well, until the media got hold of the story....

Then this terrible article does what many articles have done before it, which is to include misinformation to lead the reader into drawing false conclusions.

Sandusky's early retirement at age 55 has led to speculation that a 1998 allegation by a boy against Sandusky that was never prosecuted by authorities led to Penn State quietly pushing Sandusky out.

This is a nice theory and all, except for the fact that it was specifically debunked by the contents of the Freeh Report. There were emails uncovered in the Freeh investigation showing discussions between Penn St officials and Sandusky where they are negotiating retirement terms. These emails predate the 1998 incident with Sandusky and the boy. But this article and many other media reports will ignore that because it doesn't make for as good of a story.
Please....give it up.
 
Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 AM
 
44 posts, read 62,026 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Please....give it up.
I would rather you give up your grandstanding. Joe Paterno's name has been dragged through the mud by the media, (mod edit-partial sentence deleted) I'm just trying to bring some FACTS into the discussion to show that there is more than one side to this story. Keep it civil here!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-21-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top