U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 AM
 
52,066 posts, read 41,872,746 times
Reputation: 32473

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Annunzio View Post
Actually, I find that the more educated people I talk to about this situation see things similarly to the way I see them, because they've actually read up on the subject and gotten some factual information. The less educated, biased PSU haters just accept the sensationalized reporting by grandstanding media hacks.

Here's another account from someone who actually knows the man. Joe Pa's legacy is still intact to those who knew him...

My thoughts on the new “Paterno” book by Joe Posnanski…. « patlittleimages
Wierd how you never touched the post with the email in it but then claim you have "the facts".

It's right there, they met with paterno and he squashed it from going public.

 
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,405 posts, read 8,393,387 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wierd how you never touched the post with the email in it but then claim you have "the facts".

It's right there, they met with paterno and he squashed it from going public.
The JoePa cultists will never believe that.

The Dark Side of The Force is strong with them.
 
Old 09-07-2012, 02:48 PM
 
52,066 posts, read 41,872,746 times
Reputation: 32473
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The JoePa cultists will never believe that.

The Dark Side of The Force is strong with them.
They will calm down as PSU racks up more losses on the football field.

That's the most hillarious thing about it, most of the butt-hurt idiots that claim Joe Pa did nothing wrong aren't upset about anything but how it hurt their football team.

Really, that just says it all right there.
 
Old 09-08-2012, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Metairie, La.
1,156 posts, read 1,570,089 times
Reputation: 769
Just kind of wondering, why is Penn St. football televised (maybe even nationally televised) each week (so far)? They are unranked. They are now 0-2. They received the near death penalty in sanctions and will likely be a decade before they can recover. And their fans (not all of them, but most of them) have turned out to be really pathetic.

Why are networks interested in televising their games?

Just curious.
 
Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,284,014 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesofJackson View Post
Just kind of wondering, why is Penn St. football televised (maybe even nationally televised) each week (so far)? They are unranked. They are now 0-2. They received the near death penalty in sanctions and will likely be a decade before they can recover. And their fans (not all of them, but most of them) have turned out to be really pathetic.

Why are networks interested in televising their games?

Just curious.
Their games are alway on espn usually. Big 10 gets most games on TV. PSU has one of larger fan bases.
 
Old 09-08-2012, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Metairie, La.
1,156 posts, read 1,570,089 times
Reputation: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Their games are alway on espn usually. Big 10 gets most games on TV. PSU has one of larger fan bases.
Seems to me that no TV should be part of their punishment.
 
Old 09-09-2012, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,405 posts, read 8,393,387 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesofJackson View Post
Seems to me that no TV should be part of their punishment.
But that would also punish the opponents already on their schedule.
 
Old 09-09-2012, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,405 posts, read 8,393,387 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Their games are alway on espn usually. Big 10 gets most games on TV. PSU has one of larger fan bases.
I loved this quote from your coach after he beat A&M yesterday:

Quote:
Will Muschamp: "being able to come out here in this environment and disappoint these people is a lot of fun."
Coach "Boom" is still loved by the majority of Texas fans.
 
Old 09-09-2012, 10:00 AM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,284,014 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I loved this quote from your coach after he beat A&M yesterday:



Coach "Boom" is still loved by the majority of Texas fans.
He gotta bit chatty after beating an average team. Hopefully he can back it up vs Tenn.
 
Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Metairie, La.
1,156 posts, read 1,570,089 times
Reputation: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
But that would also punish the opponents already on their schedule.
Well, when we really get down to it, the whole punishment handed down to Penn State actually punishes the potential recruits still in high school who may have wanted to play at Penn State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top