U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 PM
 
14,752 posts, read 28,681,653 times
Reputation: 8782

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Yes, that's pretty sick there are still those who think that criticizing Paterno is a worse "misdeed" than Sandusky raping little kids and the school powers - including JoePa - clearly allowing him to get away with it for over a decade. Absolutely telling how morally corrupt & blind that cult of the personality is for many PSU fans.
Definitely a groupthink, cult mentality at work there.

I guess Joe Paterno thought, well, this isn't the Catholic church and the guy's married, so let's sweep it under the rug. After all, it would throw a wrench into a successfully oiled machine (no pun intended).

 
Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 AM
 
44 posts, read 62,054 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Definitely a groupthink, cult mentality at work there.
It's funny you say that, because that's how I view the grandstanding lynch mob out there preaching that Paterno is the devil.
 
Old 09-27-2012, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna. (birthplace)
12,360 posts, read 7,541,433 times
Reputation: 15966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
In any case, let me be the first to congratulate PSU on y'all's first two wins since 1998.
Which serves to demonstrate the pettiness, and simplistic vulgarity of many among the lynch mob.

Cackle as much as you like; in the days before the PR masterminds let it all get out of hand, the Penn State program was built around in-state, snd even local talent -- names like Suhey, Collins, Bahr and Harris. Those famiilies are still with us.

And once the sanctions have run their course, I expect the progarm to recover quickly. In the meantime, the self-appointed moralists can flaunt their hypocrasy to their hearts' content.
 
Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna. (birthplace)
12,360 posts, read 7,541,433 times
Reputation: 15966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What do you mean minds made up? I was on the record early giving Joe Pa the benefit of the doubt.

I'm again reiterating that it's transparant to me that people want to make it only about Sandusky and REFUSE to address the penn state officials up on perjury charges and their emails which incriminate them and Paterno.
The perjury charges agains Curley and Schultz were upheld by Dauphin County (Harrisburg) Court yesterday. So answers by the people who were really at the center of this will be forthcoming.
 
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 PM
 
52,114 posts, read 41,937,212 times
Reputation: 32528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The perjury charges agains Curley and Schultz were upheld by Dauphin County (Harrisburg) Court yesterday. So answers by the people who were really at the center of this will be forthcoming.
You mean the guys that 10 years ago or so said in emails that they were uncomfortable with Paterno squashing the push to go public with the information?

But hey, per your previous admission you can't be bothered to really know the facts of the story, so just keep making it up as you go along.
 
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 PM
 
52,114 posts, read 41,937,212 times
Reputation: 32528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Which serves to demonstrate the pettiness, and simplistic vulgarity of many among the lynch mob.

Cackle as much as you like; in the days before the PR masterminds let it all get out of hand, the Penn State program was built around in-state, snd even local talent -- names like Suhey, Collins, Bahr and Harris. Those famiilies are still with us.

And once the sanctions have run their course, I expect the progarm to recover quickly. In the meantime, the self-appointed moralists can flaunt their hypocrasy to their hearts' content.
Glad to see the hood slip back, you are mostly just concerned about the programs wins and losses....nice.

(psssst we already knew this)
 
Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 PM
 
52,114 posts, read 41,937,212 times
Reputation: 32528
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Annunzio View Post
It's funny you say that, because that's how I view the grandstanding lynch mob out there preaching that Paterno is the devil.
Just keep hugging yourself and crying that it's a lynch mob.....don't read the facts, don't be bothered by that....it was just sandusky, no one knew...no one could possibly know and when the facts were reported and the admin wanted to go public.....Paterno didn't possibly decide to keep it all in house like all the email exchanges from years ago state.

You guys are sick.
 
Old 09-28-2012, 06:19 AM
 
44 posts, read 62,054 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You mean the guys that 10 years ago or so said in emails that they were uncomfortable with Paterno squashing the push to go public with the information?
Ugh, more misinformation. Please, post a link to the emails that show this. You might be looking for a while.

This is another bit of fiction that has been spread by irresponsible reporting in the media. It just simply isn't true.
 
Old 09-28-2012, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,412 posts, read 8,410,833 times
Reputation: 7045
So you're saying Freeh lied?
 
Old 09-28-2012, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna. (birthplace)
12,360 posts, read 7,541,433 times
Reputation: 15966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just keep hugging yourself and crying that it's a lynch mob.....don't read the facts, don't be bothered by that....it was just sandusky, no one knew...no one could possibly know and when the facts were reported and the admin wanted to go public.....Paterno didn't possibly decide to keep it all in house like all the email exchanges from years ago state.

You guys are sick.

Your posts have made it clear from the first that you have a bias and an agenda: you are being asked to provide stronger proof of your claims, rather than secondhand information framed so as to automatically gain the support of the security-obsessed to whom your claims are directed..

Neither Mr, D'Annunzio nor I have made any claim that Paterno, or any other figure, was not at fault. But it is obvious that all the tools of "the blame game" and the pursuit of Absolute Political Correctness by a self-righteous and self-appointed clique are in play here.

We want the full, and equally-balanced truth, not something slanted to cater to the wants of an ideology which seeks to assassinate the character of a specific individual, rather than to determine the hard facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top