Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times

Advertisements

The Freeh report and Paterno's own words trumps anything your "side" of the story can try to conjure up in the futile & desperate attempt to revive his disgraced legacy.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 AM

44 posts, read 70,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The Freeh report trumps anything your "side" of the story can try to conjure up.
It is obvious you did not read the Freeh Report. The Freeh Report was nothing more than opinion. The opinion of a man who was paid by the Board of Trustees to justify their decision to fire Joe Paterno. There are so many holes in that report it is not even funny. Freeh "concludes" that Paterno participated in a coverup to protect the Penn St football reputation, but does not have a single piece of evidence to support that conclusion.

Joe Paterno did not know what Sandusky was. It is easy in hindsight to say he should have done something more. HE DID NOT KNOW. The quote posted from the recent biography tells you as much. Joe relayed what he knew about the matter to those people who were supposed to handle it. And for that, he gets crucified in the media. Ridiculous.

I would encourage all the Paterno bashers to read this: How the Media May Have Framed Joe Paterno

It's a bit long, but it does a better job of explaining what happened than just about anything I've seen.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:39 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Annunzio View Post
It is obvious you did not read the Freeh Report. The Freeh Report was nothing more than opinion. The opinion of a man who was paid by the Board of Trustees to justify their decision to fire Joe Paterno. There are so many holes in that report it is not even funny. Freeh "concludes" that Paterno participated in a coverup to protect the Penn St football reputation, but does not have a single piece of evidence to support that conclusion.

Joe Paterno did not know what Sandusky was. It is easy in hindsight to say he should have done something more. HE DID NOT KNOW. The quote posted from the recent biography tells you as much. Joe relayed what he knew about the matter to those people who were supposed to handle it. And for that, he gets crucified in the media. Ridiculous.

I would encourage all the Paterno bashers to read this: How the Media May Have Framed Joe Paterno

It's a bit long, but it does a better job of explaining what happened than just about anything I've seen.
Of course a Paterno apologist like yourself would ignore the various FACTS that were in the report.

You should give this article a try

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/15/us/tri...ate/index.html

Old 08-21-2012, 11:17 AM

Hahaha, Vicky Triponey has no credibility whatsoever. Before she was run out of Penn St, she was run out of UConn for being an overzealous, power hungry troll. And she used this Sandusky scandal as a way to thrust herself into the limelight. Just a disgusting individual. Read up: Safeguard Old State

Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Of course a Paterno apologist like yourself would ignore the various FACTS that were in the report.
What FACTS am I ignoring? Please show me what FACTS in the report show that Joe Paterno knew that Jerry Sandusky was a serial pedophile and that he made efforts to conceal this fact. You might be looking for a while...

Old 08-21-2012, 04:56 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Hahaha, Vicky Triponey has no credibility whatsoever. Before she was run out of Penn St, she was run out of UConn for being an overzealous, power hungry troll. And she used this Sandusky scandal as a way to thrust herself into the limelight. Just a disgusting individual. Read up: Safeguard Old State
Your conspiracy theory links are amusing. I can't waste anymore of my time on someone so far out on the fringe as yourself.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:14 AM

How am I "far out on the fringe"? Do you really think Joe Paterno knew that Sandusky was a serial pedophile, and took action to conceal this fact in an effort to protect the image of the Penn St football program? Really? If you ask me, that is being "far out on the fringe", especially since there are no facts whatsoever to back such a claim.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
How am I "far out on the fringe"? Do you really think Joe Paterno knew that Sandusky was a serial pedophile, and took action to conceal this fact in an effort to protect the image of the Penn St football program? Really? If you ask me, that is being "far out on the fringe", especially since there are no facts whatsoever to back such a claim.
thank you for your input Mrs Paterno.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 AM

I'd hate to say I told you so, but....

Former Penn State Football Player Gary Gray Letter on Joe Paterno - ABC News

Old 08-22-2012, 01:37 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Feeble whitewash.

Dead, dead, dead.

Just like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xzK0mO6TI5E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football