Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,276,179 times

Advertisements

Who cares about Joe Paterno? Football-crazed Americans put him on a pedestal and, up to the very end, people couldn't let go. The comments from Penn State kids who said they were going to chain themselves to the statue when they were going to remove it were sickening. The morale of that football program will be tarnished for decades.

Joe Paterno chose to sweep things under the rug. The guilt associated with this is what did him earlier than how long he might have lived. He died way too soon after this story broke. I hate to say it, but it isn't much different to me than Johnny Cochran(e) carrying the "guilt" of his favorable OJ Simpson verdict, though it took him longer to go.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 AM

44 posts, read 69,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Joe Paterno chose to sweep things under the rug.
There have been several indications showing this to be incorrect. Yet zero indications that would point to it being correct.

How is it that a man who spent his entire life doing things the right way all of the sudden gets what I would consider to be the opposite of the benefit of the doubt in this situation?

Joe Paterno covered nothing up! There has been nothing that has come to light that would suggest that he DID cover anything up! The Freeh Report (paid for by the Board of Trustees, which includes the now Governor of PA...who was the DA in charge of the botched 1998 Sandusky investigation...who granted the Second Mile $3.1 million AFTER his botched investigation...who accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars from The Second Mile board members for his campaign) "concluded" that Joe, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier "covered up" for Sandusky. But there is no evidence whatsoever to support this. And finally someone is speaking up about it:

Graham Spanier, critique of the Freeh Report

Old 08-25-2012, 08:50 AM

12,893 posts, read 13,207,650 times
Joe was in the loop, which makes him an accessory at the very least. The evidence shows that the administrators backed off after talking to the Coach. Spanier & the other coverup scumbags need to be in prison - for a VERY long time. Anybody who thinks there's an outside conspiracy to defame this gang of child rapist enablers isn't playing with a full deck.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 AM

77,859 posts, read 60,016,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Joe was in the loop, which makes him an accessory at the very least. The evidence shows that the administrators backed off after talking to the Coach. Spanier & the other coverup scumbags need to be in prison - for a VERY long time. Anybody who thinks there's an outside conspiracy to defame this gang of child rapist enablers isn't playing with a full deck.
Yep. Joe knew, in fact he squashed the attempt to go public.

There are some seriously sick PSU/Joe Pa fans out there.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Annunzio View Post
There have been several indications showing this to be incorrect. Yet zero indications that would point to it being correct.

How is it that a man who spent his entire life doing things the right way all of the sudden gets what I would consider to be the opposite of the benefit of the doubt in this situation?

Joe Paterno covered nothing up! There has been nothing that has come to light that would suggest that he DID cover anything up! The Freeh Report (paid for by the Board of Trustees, which includes the now Governor of PA...who was the DA in charge of the botched 1998 Sandusky investigation...who granted the Second Mile $3.1 million AFTER his botched investigation...who accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars from The Second Mile board members for his campaign) "concluded" that Joe, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier "covered up" for Sandusky. But there is no evidence whatsoever to support this. And finally someone is speaking up about it:

Graham Spanier, critique of the Freeh Report
Wow. Just when I thought PSU fans couldn't make the University or it's football program look worse....

Why do you hate PSU so much?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. Joe knew, in fact he squashed the attempt to go public.

There are some seriously sick PSU/Joe Pa fans out there.
The JoePa cult of the personality certainly has a strong grip on many of them.

Thankfully there are some who "get it".

Old 08-25-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The JoePa cult of the personality certainly has a strong grip on many of them.

Thankfully there are some who "get it".
I HIGHLY doubt that the insane PSU supporters ever went to the school.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 AM

44 posts, read 69,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I HIGHLY doubt that the insane PSU supporters ever went to the school.
Actually, I find that the more educated people I talk to about this situation see things similarly to the way I see them, because they've actually read up on the subject and gotten some factual information. The less educated, biased PSU haters just accept the sensationalized reporting by grandstanding media hacks.

Here's another account from someone who actually knows the man. Joe Pa's legacy is still intact to those who knew him...

My thoughts on the new “Paterno” book by Joe Posnanski…. « patlittleimages

Old 08-27-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Annunzio View Post
Actually, I find that the more educated people I talk to about this situation see things similarly to the way I see them, because they've actually read up on the subject and gotten some factual information. The less educated, biased PSU haters just accept the sensationalized reporting by grandstanding media hacks.

Here's another account from someone who actually knows the man. Joe Pa's legacy is still intact to those who knew him...

My thoughts on the new “Paterno” book by Joe Posnanski…. « patlittleimages

So much for that "biography" whitewash:

Whitlock: Paterno book by Joe Posnanski tells more about author's ego - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

The Paterno worshippers will never get it, and the more they bleat the worse they look to the nation.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,421,697 times
Penn State has now banned the song "Sweet Caroline" from their games. Probably cause of the line "touching me, touching you"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football