Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times

Advertisements

Somebody please tell me why JoePa is still allowed on campus?

Old 11-07-2011, 01:37 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Somebody please tell me why JoePa is still allowed on campus?
Well, if that's not a conversation starter, I don't know what is.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,791 times
The way this is going I wonder if this may be it for him. Certainly they've had coaches let go or forced to retire for a whole lot less.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:40 PM

Football coach Joe Paterno and other Penn State officials didn't do enough to try to stop suspected sexual abuse of children at the hands of a former assistant football coach, the state police commissioner said Monday.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...scandal-110711

The old man is toast.

I have lost all respect for him if all that is true. It was sickening to read what Sanducky did to that one 10 year old boy, and nothing was done.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:08 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Football coach Joe Paterno and other Penn State officials didn't do enough to try to stop suspected sexual abuse of children at the hands of a former assistant football coach, the state police commissioner said Monday.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...scandal-110711

The old man is toast.

I have lost all respect for him if all that is true. It was sickening to read what Sanducky did to that one 10 year old boy, and nothing was done.
I really, really hate to rush to judgment, especially with someone so venerated. But reading the indictment tells me that he knew a good deal more than letting on. Say it isn't so, Joe.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:54 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,791 times
Sad for a lot of reasons. Has there every been anything like this in college football or any other college sports? I imagine there has elsewhere, but nothing this high profile. It's ironic, JoePa was known as "St. Joe" for so many years due to the type of program he ran, but I can't think of any other scandal in college football that even comes close to this.

Can't imagine any outcome that has him still being around next season...

Old 11-07-2011, 07:35 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
This is what happens when a college sport morphs into a huge business worth billions. I can only image what might be taking place at other universities behind closed doors.

Anyways, a number of people from Penn State will be going to the State Penn where Bubba can do to them what they did to those boys.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
I knew at some point we would have a thread on this. All comments are valid here. A quick word to the newcomers who don't normally post on college football- no attacking each other here. As this ordeal continues forward, I'm sure there will be people sounding off who are indifferent to college sports altogether and will really want to unload. All opinions should be heard so long as the TOS doesn't get stomped on. Thank you.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I knew at some point we would have a thread on this. All comments are valid here. A quick word to the newcomers who don't normally post on college football- no attacking each other here. As this ordeal continues forward, I'm sure there will be people sounding off who are indifferent to college sports altogether and will really want to unload. All opinions should be heard so long as the TOS doesn't get stomped on. Thank you.
Maybe I should have started this thread in the True Crime forum, since it is not really a "sports" crime. The Sox World Series scandal was a sports crime as were Reggie Bush's shameful acts, but this is primarily a crime that happened to take place in a sporting venue and involves coaches & school officials..

Perhaps you might want to move it there.

Anyway, here is a timeline of events as compiled by the grand jury:

Sandusky abuse claims date back to 1994, grand jury says - CNN.com

Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Maybe I should have started this thread in the True Crime forum, since it is not really a "sports" crime. The Sox World Series scandal was a sports crime as were Reggie Bush's shameful acts, but this is primarily a crime that happened to take place in a sporting venue and involves coaches & school officials..

Perhaps you might want to move it there.

Anyway, here is a timeline of events as compiled by the grand jury:

Sandusky abuse claims date back to 1994, grand jury says - CNN.com
That first sentence of mine came out kind of clumsy. No, actually I'm good that you posted it here. It needs to be discussed and I'm sure there will be another thread formed on this matter, no doubt in the Pennsylvania forum and maybe down the road on P/OC and True Crime as well.

And I'm in agreement with all posts so far, I'm just floored by what's happening at Penn State

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football