Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 AM

880 posts, read 2,024,212 times

Advertisements

Joe hired this child rapist guy and he seems to of protected him thru the years.Maybe where there's smoke there's fire???

Old 11-10-2011, 07:00 AM

4 posts, read 3,965 times
His legacy went from one of the best
College coaches to being looked by people
In a disgusted way

Old 11-10-2011, 07:11 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
You may see history Saturday... a nearly empty Beaver Stadium.
I think Joe should lsoe his job over this but I can't begin to criticize how poorly the board of trustees handled this. The students love Coach Paterno. He made a huge mistake and showed poor judgement. What was going on there was unimaginable. Apparently the crime was poorly handled at the highest level in the University. But now the students are rioting and its the trustees fault. Why not give Paterno an ultimatum but with a chance to leave with some dignity? Tell him to resign effective immediately and allow him to say his goodbyes and reach out to the students.
Now the trustees are most likely going to have to resign with this disaster on their shoulders and themselves showing they have no judgement either.
Joe Paterno will have to be the one to appeal for peace and calm. He'll at least help make some amends for this horrible affair.
It just keeps getting worse for Penn State. They need a house cleaning from the very top, trustees and administration, as well as the coaching staff.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
I would bet my nickel that they demanded his resignation and he refused.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:22 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You may see history Saturday... a nearly empty Beaver Stadium.
I think Joe should lsoe his job over this but I can't begin to criticize how poorly the board of trustees handled this. The students love Coach Paterno. He made a huge mistake and showed poor judgement. What was going on there was unimaginable. Apparently the crime was poorly handled at the highest level in the University. But now the students are rioting and its the trustees fault. Why not give Paterno an ultimatum but with a chance to leave with some dignity? Tell him to resign effective immediately and allow him to say his goodbyes and reach out to the students.
Now the trustees are most likely going to have to resign with this disaster on their shoulders and themselves showing they have no judgement either.
Joe Paterno will have to be the one to appeal for peace and calm. He'll at least help make some amends for this horrible affair.
It just keeps getting worse for Penn State. They need a house cleaning from the very top, trustees and administration, as well as the coaching staff.
Well, I guess the rapped children werent given any chance to leave the locker room with dignity...he kept the monster around for years. And THATS why he deserves no release on his terms.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:00 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Just so we are clear. If ANYONE sees someone abusing (hitting, molesting sexually, throwing, pulling hair and/or harming in any way do the following.

1. Disable the abuser. Get help if needed.
2. Protect and comfort the child.
3. Call the police.

If the child's life is in danger it's ok to really disable the attacker.

Any questions?

Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Joe Pa is revolting. He among every other individual involved that remotely even knew about this should be prosecuted. I cannot believe the "love" that people have for Joe P! rallying at his home shouting they love him!Typical sports minded people who put icons on a pedestal (i.e OJ for instance) Of course, this monster and his cohorts make OJ look like a saint! . He is just as guilty if not more for NOT reporting it to law enforcement !! OMG! Anyone who would not go directly to the police with knowledge of young boys being raped needs to evaluate themselves. This went on since 1994 too. How many other boys are going to come forward? I have a son and daughter that are almost 7. I think I would strangle anyone involved with my bare hands........ Penn State should be ashamed for this massive cover-up! It sickens me to think that more victims could have been saved from Sandusky.........as well as his cohorts! How could Paterno be "devastated" when he was PART of the coverup!Sad part is the graduate assistant witnessed this, went to Joe Pa's home and told him...(regarding Sandusky) and Pa said, they were just horsing around! OMG! It was a 10 year old boy. Let me at him now. Sickens me that these disgusting students stand by him. I am literally nauseous from these heinous acts.

Reading the Grand Jury report takes my breath away. Utterly vile and heinous!

Last edited by njsocks; 11-10-2011 at 08:22 AM..

Old 11-10-2011, 08:48 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,407,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Wow, are they really rioting over this? This had to happen given the grand jury report, I don't understand how anyone could feel otherwise. I don't have kids yet, and I don't need to be a parent to be outraged by this.
Exactly. I'm not only a non-parent, but I'm childfree -- I don't like kids, I never want to have kids. However, any form of abuse against defenseless human beings disgusts me. Hopefully Paterno drops dead very soon.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:58 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
Sad day for Penn State and JoePa. He was resigning after this season yet they fired him? They really shot themselves in the foot and from the rioting that's taking place on the campus now, they probably realize it.

JoePa is NOT the perverted attacker, he's probably the BEST known coach in college football and has the 2nd highest numbers of wins for any coach in history! Penn State lost one of their best. Long live JoePa!

Old 11-10-2011, 09:12 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Just so we are clear. If ANYONE sees someone abusing (hitting, molesting sexually, throwing, pulling hair and/or harming in any way do the following.

1. Disable the abuser. Get help if needed.
2. Protect and comfort the child.
3. Call the police.

If the child's life is in danger it's ok to really disable the attacker.

Any questions?
When you state hitting you are referring to all out beating and not discipline measures. If I spank my child's hand and you come along as a hero it will not be in YOUR best interest. I agree with your list minus the hitting if solely conducting discipline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football