Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 04:39 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
You all are awfully quick to crucify a man who had a lapse in judgement. Crucify Sandusky, he's the perp who committed those atrocities but don't throw someone under the bus who doesn't deserve it.

Haven't we all made mistakes in life? Don't we all have regrets?

God knows I have more regrets than I can count but I'm human, I make errors! Paterno admitted he was in the wrong, that he should've done more. I'm not going to be a part of throwing him under the bus for being human.
Looking the other way while kids are raped is a bit more than a lapse in judgement.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:42 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post

Paterno had a legacy and it shouldn't be destroyed amid the wrongdoings of another individual.
This whole sordid story has nothing to do with Paterno and his legacy.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:45 PM

366 posts, read 774,976 times
Default Oh, God; don't let this be true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiansheng_g View Post
Here it is folks and it's sickening:
New Jerry Sandusky Rumor Threatens To Make Penn State Scandal Much Worse - SBNation.com

Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 PM

235 posts, read 510,688 times
Seriously, please explain to me how anyone can excuse the behavior of any of the adults involved in this mess that did nothing to save those innocent boys?? I don't get it at all. I don't believe for one second that JoePa didn't know the full story...in the late 90's when Sandusky got fired and in the early 2000's when McQuery came to him with what he saw. I'm going to go so far as to say JoePa probably also knew that this was bigger than just Sandusky. If those new rumors are true, this is HUGE. This is beyond disgusting. This is a child sex ring run out of Penn State with the football organization at the center of it.

I'm pretty sure there is going to be some sort of deal cut with McQuery in return for his testimony against the other, bigger fish. I'm sure that is part of the reason why he hasn't yet been charged with anything or fired by the university.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:49 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
we are just talking about the school and the athletic dept., but where the heck were the parents?

were they paid off? i can't imagine a parent anywhere who would not go to the police if they knew their child had been molested.

i also can't imagine them letting anyone sweep it under the rug, either. (and that would be a big story, just as it is now).

Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiansheng_g View Post
No disrespect to the moderator, but this incident is greater than college football. This is, hopefully, a rare moment in time when we all can refocus, and if need be, correct our collective moral compass. Let's never forget Victim #2 and the horror that 10 year old endured. Folks, we've got to do better.
Very very true! Thank you!

The reason for that previous post is remind people, particularly new posters, of the TOS agreement.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:53 PM

235 posts, read 510,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
we are just talking about the school and the athletic dept., but where the heck were the parents?

were they paid off? i can't imagine a parent anywhere who would not go to the police if they knew their child had been molested.

i also can't imagine them letting anyone sweep it under the rug, either. (and that would be a big story, just as it is now).
The one mother that knew about it did go to the police. That's what started the original investigation.

As for the others, I'm guessing not many knew about it. The charity was for underprivledged kids....probably from poor, single parent families. They preyed on the most vulnerable kids. My guess is that lots of these parents never knew. Same with the Catholic priest scandals.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Lock up the rapist, take all his money, forget he ever existed.
Problem solved.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:31 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGMetroWest View Post
The one mother that knew about it did go to the police. That's what started the original investigation.

As for the others, I'm guessing not many knew about it. The charity was for underprivledged kids....probably from poor, single parent families. They preyed on the most vulnerable kids. My guess is that lots of these parents never knew. Same with the Catholic priest scandals.
well, if the one mother knew why didn't she keep after it? how many parents would just let it slide if there was no prosecution?

if it was such a joke that they name an ice cream "in honor" of sandusky and then pulled it, i have a feeling a LOT of people knew about it.

this is bigger than just penn state and college football.

why was this guy allowed to adopt/foster children after the allegations?

look at the charity foundation as well. It had $2.2 million in revenue versus $2.4 million in expenses according to a January 2011 report to the Internal Revenue Service. Though it has little presence in the Pittsburgh area -- other than an annual Pitt vs. Penn State golf fundraiser -- one of its goals for his year is to "expand our professional partnerships and service, particularly in the Southwest Region," according to the charity tracker GuideStar.

what a mess. that foundation needs to be shut down. here's the filing:

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocument...06b9a716-9.pdf

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-10-2011 at 05:41 PM..

Old 11-10-2011, 05:34 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
McQueary?! Really?
Are they leaving him there as a reminder of the crime committed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football