Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 03:36 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Public outcry? I'm thinking someone would take him out-I'm surprised someone hasn't yet...
I could see that happening.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,025,375 times
He should do everyone a favor and french kiss his tail pipe. Someone loan him your car, so long as it's not over 10yrs old.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:06 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
The WORST thing that could happen is that Sandusky does commit suicide or dies in manner than suggests suicide...
the facts need to come out--
there is already one missing man with important information to add to this sage of abuse (Gricar)
DON'T make the mistake of thinking that getting rid of Sandusky would improve anything...
VICTIMS want their day in court--they want to see him broken down and powerless as he made them feel for years...
Society need to know how far this illicit activity was spread and active within the community
Already there are allegations of more young men coming forward to tell their stories about abuse/improper conduct
Supposedly there is suspicion (based on how pediophiles work) that Sandusky may have used the Second Mile charity to funnel boys to other abusers--
ALL the bad info needs to come to light or there will be no cleansing, no catharsis...
and that needs to happen a lot more than Jerry Sandusky needs to suck a tail pipe...
I want him to go to jail and live to be a very old man and never get out....

Old 11-15-2011, 06:27 PM

first --the judge lowered the bail requirement significantly--but she did not just "let him walk"
########OK--i read it is UNSECURED bail--meaning no money up front--
so she did just let him walk
the issue for me is that
1--I think he needs to be in jail, in isolation-- for protective custody-- because if he is outside he can be killed and I don't want anything to come between him and 1200 years in prison

2--the prosecution asked for an ankle monitor to track him and the judge did not allow that--
I find that MORE disturbing really than the low bail--
if you aren't going to have him in protective custody then the police need to know where this guy is at all times--and the fact that the judge did not see why that was warranted is pretty good proof that there are undercurrents to this case that everyone knows are there and no one is addressing overtly...except in the media and blogs...
and this report just up on Internet (at least I just saw it)

3--
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/15...-on-child-sex/

someone who was high up in Second Mile was big fundraiser for Dutchcot--
so there is even more reason to claim conflict of interest and recuse herself from that bail hearing--
RED FLAG!

Chris Mathews MSNBC show tonight had a talking head lawyer guy who made a good point about Sandusky's interview with Costas and the attorney's comment that they thought they knew who the boy in the shower was and he would back up Sandusky--no rape...

IF this incident was so normal, natural, unthreatening, just a coach and his best pal hanging around in the showers "like they always do"--so there is nothing UNUSUAL about it in any way
how did Sandusky even remember who the boy was???? after all this time...

why would Sandusky remember McQueary walking past the showers on that night in question WHEN NOTHING WAS ABNORMAL!
Supposedly nothing confrontational happened between them...nothing McQueary really brought out in his testimony (like shouting at Sandusky, pulling them apart,)...
Sandusky supposedly thought nothing strange of what he was doing with that kid...
why would he even remember???

Paterno, Curley, Schultz--nothing in GJ testimony to reveal what they said to Sandusky about that night and what McQueary said to Sandusky if he saw him later on/off campus...

is it even possible that trio never really talked to Sandusky about this at all--
that those three guys among themselves just decided to make him turn in his keys to the gym and turned their backs on what he was doing???
remember AT THAT POINT he was not an employee of the university--and in their twisted minds I guess they could use that to justify NOT calling his ass on the carpet...

of course I think they knew already what he was doing--that is why they forced him to resign in 98 or 99
they just wanted to lock him out of their bldgs--no access unless someone else might be there already--like the football players who worked out with him even this month...
and he was not supposed to bring those kids on campus--
like people dealing with someone they know with drug or alcohol addictions--
don't do it around me--don't contaminate my house, my environment--if I can't stop you, at least I don't want to risk having it in my face...

Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 PM

article from psychologist that theorizes about Jerry Sandusky's mindset in having that interview with Costas last night
interesting
Inside The Mind Of Jerry Sandusky | Fox News

but at the end of the article there is disclaimer that this guy is putting about a book about the mind of Casey Anthony--

so everyone had something to plug I guess

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sp...ife-for-1.html

and this article says that Paterno transferred title of their house to his wife Sue--4 months before the grand jury finding came out---
coincidence???? really??

Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

No personal attacks. No going off topic and hi-jacking the thread. This is the only thread that goes here. There are other threads going in P/OC, True Crime, and the Pennsylvania forum (there might be others out there). But for college football, and particularly the Paterno/Penn State situation, this will be the one thread.
Just a quick note to remind people on this, particularly people who have not posted on college football before.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,760,333 times
Am I the only one disgusted that McQueary didn't kick the crap out of him and call the cops when he caught him..............IF he actually caught him?

Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Am I the only one disgusted that McQueary didn't kick the crap out of him and call the cops when he caught him..............IF he actually caught him?
Yeah.

Of course, now McQueary comes out and says he did stop it (in a non-physical way) and notified police. If we are to believe this, then that could explain why Paterno and everyone else didn't notify the police themselves....part of why they were fired.

Why wasn't that in the grand jury report?

The web gets even more tangled....

Old 11-16-2011, 12:24 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The WORST thing that could happen is that Sandusky does commit suicide or dies in manner than suggests suicide...
the facts need to come out--
there is already one missing man with important information to add to this sage of abuse (Gricar)
DON'T make the mistake of thinking that getting rid of Sandusky would improve anything...
VICTIMS want their day in court--they want to see him broken down and powerless as he made them feel for years...
Society need to know how far this illicit activity was spread and active within the community
Already there are allegations of more young men coming forward to tell their stories about abuse/improper conduct
Supposedly there is suspicion (based on how pediophiles work) that Sandusky may have used the Second Mile charity to funnel boys to other abusers--
ALL the bad info needs to come to light or there will be no cleansing, no catharsis...
and that needs to happen a lot more than Jerry Sandusky needs to suck a tail pipe...
I want him to go to jail and live to be a very old man and never get out....
Agreed!! I'm just saying if he gets off and walks away from this without charges after a trial--I do believe someone will take him out!
Quote:
first --the judge lowered the bail requirement significantly--but she did not just "let him walk"
########OK--i read it is UNSECURED bail--meaning no money up front--
so she did just let him walk
the issue for me is that
1--I think he needs to be in jail, in isolation-- for protective custody-- because if he is outside he can be killed and I don't want anything to come between him and 1200 years in prison

2--the prosecution asked for an ankle monitor to track him and the judge did not allow that--
if you aren't going to have him in protective custody then the police need to know where this guy is at all times--and the fact that the judge did not see why that was warranted is pretty good proof that there are undercurrents to this case that everyone knows are there and no one is addressing overtly...except in the media and blogs...

3--
Sandusky's Charity Tied To Fundraiser For Judge Who Set Bail On Child Sex Charges | Fox News

someone who was high up in Second Mile was big fundraiser for Dutchcot--
so there is even more reason to claim conflict of interest and recuse herself from that bail hearing--
RED FLAG! [/i]
The prosecution needs to do something to have that judge removed from this whole case. She has no business being involved with this. She should know better and do the right thing and excuse herself from this.
Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sp...ife-for-1.html

and this article says that Paterno transferred title of their house to his wife Sue--4 months before the grand jury finding came out---
coincidence???? really??
I'm not surprised about this. I bet a few others did this as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Uh...no!! I think we are all disgusted at McQueary's actions that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
Yeah.

Of course, now McQueary comes out and says he did stop it (in a non-physical way) and notified police. If we are to believe this, then that could explain why Paterno and everyone else didn't notify the police themselves....part of why they were fired.

Why wasn't that in the grand jury report? .
Because it probably never happened. I think he is trying to save face. If he would have tried to stop the rape and notified the police...we would not be here today. This would have been taken care of years ago. AND, it definitely would have been in the GJ report. They would not have left out that important information in a report of that magnitude.

McQueary knows what the public and the media are all saying about his role that night! Everyone, and I mean everyone is questioning why he did not stop the rape!

Old 11-16-2011, 05:58 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

This "overgrown kid" remark makes me feel like he (The creep's attorney) is going to follow in the same line of defense as Michael Jackson's attorneys did when defending him during his alleged child abuse trial.
Agreed! I bet his lawyer is getting alot of threats for defending this cad!

Quote:
This Judge needs to be removed from the case.

There will be a public outcry if he walks away from these charges
If that's the case there should be a public stoning for the monster! Someone will take him out for sure if he walks. The judicial system has so many flaws today! Then there's the jury pool that gets picked! (i.e. Casey Anthony's)

Quote:
--the prosecution asked for an ankle monitor to track him and the judge did not allow that--
Loves2: The ped lives right next to an elementary school! This sickens me. What a difference growing up in a different era from my children in what the world is today! The criminals have more rights than the victims! Mark Geragos last night on Anderson Cooper said Sandusky is not guilty yet, only allegations. *UGH!*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football