Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 12:22 PM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Have fun deleting posts in this one for the next few days.
YIPPEE!!

Old 01-22-2012, 01:20 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,238,064 times
This is a sad day. RIP JoePa.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Sorry, I'm not going to mourn a man who failed to report a kiddie-raper to the police. The only tragedy here is that he escaped justice.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:02 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Sorry, I'm not going to mourn a man who failed to report a kiddie-raper to the police. The only tragedy here is that he escaped justice.
Escaped justice? He was never going to jail over this! He did what he was supposed to do--he reported it to his superiors. The superiors dropped the ball. Was he morally wrong--yea, probably. Did he commit a crime--no! Did his superiors commit a crime--yep!

More people should read up on PA state laws re: reporting child abuse. Because of this scandal, our laws on reporting child abuse will most likely change. JoePa did what he was supposed to do according to our state laws.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:02 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,972 times
Good riddance to the scumbag. The world is a better place without Joe Paterno.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Escaped justice? He was never going to jail over this! He did what he was supposed to do--he reported it to his superiors. The superiors dropped the ball. Was he morally wrong--yea, probably. Did he commit a crime--no! Did his superiors commit a crime--yep!

More people should read up on PA state laws re: reporting child abuse. Because of this scandal, our laws on reporting child abuse will most likely change. JoePa did what he was supposed to do according to our state laws.
Let me say it again:

Quote:
He should have called the police, not left it up to his superiors because some backarsewards Pennsylvania law allowed him to get away with that. He was more concerned with his precious football than he was about the welfare of children who were being raped.

That makes his death nothing to grieve. In a just world, which apparently does not include Pennsylvania if you are to be believed, he would have been thrown in jail and left there, where he would have gotten a taste of his own medicine.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:12 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
It was only a matter of time. Scott Ferrall called a quick demise. There's no way Paterno was going to survive poor health and getting fired. It's sad to see his legacy flushed down the toilet but it was his own doing.

A known predator should never have been allowed to maintain ties with Penn State in any shape or form. Paterno did not make the official decisions but he had enough clout to get things done had spoke up.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:18 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Let me say it again:

He should have called the police, not left it up to his superiors because some backarsewards Pennsylvania law allowed him to get away with that. He was more concerned with his precious football than he was about the welfare of children who were being raped.

That makes his death nothing to grieve. In a just world, which apparently does not include Pennsylvania if you are to be believed, he would have been thrown in jail and left there, where he would have gotten a taste of his own medicine.
Let me say it again! Take some time and read our state laws on reporting child abuse!

And what does that mean "if you are to be believed"???

Old 01-22-2012, 03:27 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,519,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Let me say it again! Take some time and read our state laws on reporting child abuse!

And what does that mean "if you are to be believed"???
So your moral compass is based on if a law is broken? Yikes.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:30 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,359 times
Quote:
What justice was he escaping exactly? You sound very uninformed on the whole situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football