U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 02:37 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,749,399 times

Advertisements

Missouri, Vanderbilt, or Kentucky?

Trick Question: They will all suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 02:41 PM

8,406 posts, read 8,398,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Missouri, Vanderbilt, or Kentucky?

Trick Question: They will all suck.
You left out aggy.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
You left out aggy.
I expect A&M to be a marginal team in the SEC-- probably on par with Mississippi State or Ole Miss...

Old 11-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I expect A&M to be a marginal team in the SEC-- probably on par with Mississippi State or Ole Miss...
Dunno about that.

After the SEC powers come to Texas & take A&M's recruits, aggy might be battling Vandy & Mizzou for cellar space.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:09 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,792,267 times
I don't know. Vandy, for whatever reason, is suddenly more competitive this year. Not quite there, but not a gimme on anyone's schedule anymore. I'm thinking Kentucky, Missouri, and Ole Miss.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:24 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,417,216 times
Vandy & Kentucky in the East... Ole Miss & Miss State in the West...

Missouri & TAMU will compete for the middle of each division. TAMU will end up 5th in the West next year And Mizzou wil be 3rd or 4th. I think Mizzou will be better initially in the SEC but TAMU has a chance to be a power after a full recruiting Class or 2 so about 3-5 years. Neither will be bottom dwellers.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Vandy & Kentucky in the East... Ole Miss & Miss State in the West...

Missouri & TAMU will compete for the middle of each division. TAMU will end up 5th in the West next year And Mizzou wil be 3rd or 4th. I think Mizzou will be better initially in the SEC but TAMU has a chance to be a power after a full recruiting Class or 2 so about 3-5 years. Neither will be bottom dwellers.

A&M has recruited pretty well for years but has been knocking on the Big 12 cellar door most of the time for the past ten. But now y'all are saying that they will fare better in a much tougher conference? How does that work?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:19 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,858,223 times
Quote:
A&M has recruited pretty well for years but has been knocking on the Big 12 cellar door most of the time for the past ten. But now y'all are saying that they will fare better in a much tougher conference? How does that work?
Hint:
Spoiler
It's not a much tougher conference.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:55 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,417,216 times
Quote:
that's what the SEC does... It makes you better. You can't compare the Big 12 recruiting to the SEC... U just can't. I'm sorry that bothers u but it's true. And they haven't recruited that well for Big 12 measurements, have u seen their players?

South Carolina was a dismal program when they joined the SEC.. Now they are a top 10 program. The SEC has that type of affect. and it will happen faster with TAMU because they are in TX.

You can quote history all you want on what they did before but they are in the SEC now. And they are not Kentucky or Vandy. They have the school size and support to build a great football program. the SEC brand is what they needed to get over the hump. Its huge to kids with asperations to play in the NFL. And now they can compete with TX & OK in getting those kids... They didn't have much of a chance before.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 PM

I really doubt being in the SEC will help A&M's recruiting in Texas...

Typically, most of the really great kids in Texas go to Texas or OU first. Once those ones are gone-- the next best go to A&M.
Just because A&M is in the SEC, doesn't mean kids will think "oh boy, now I can play in the SEC instead of playing for OU or Texas." They will still probably head to Texas or OU, and A&M will get what they always get-- sloppy seconds. No change.

The only change I see is A&M getting their ass kicked even more than they normally do every year. Missouri will have an even tougher time I believe though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football